• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    This news is appalling.

You know this is going to turn many neutral civilians against us, right? Like they say in Hurt Locker, after badly treating a Iraqi taxi driver whose only crime is trying to get through a closed-off intersection, "If he wasn't an insurgent before, he is now."

Some of our people, good people, will pay a price for this majorly malfunctioning guy because there will be retaliation.

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    I'm sorry I offended your sensabilities. How many women and children have their terrorist bombs killed? We are at WAR with these savages. They're driven by some religious fervor we'll never comprehend. They murder people in the name of "holy book burning" THEY CUT HEADS OFF PRISONERS! How many thousands of our young men and women are dead or limbless because of the indiscriminate roadside bombing? Where were you people when they blew up the towers? No women and children there I suppose ? 10 years ago this soldiers action would have not drawn any attention. Despite all efforts to win their hearts and minds they maintain hatred for all infidels. I don't recall leaflets being dropped warning women and children to evacuate prior to Hiroshima and Dresden. THEY will always win because Americans have become far too civilized. I don't advocate pinning a medal on this troop, but I understand his reasoning. They are all the enemy. Their children will grow up to kill your children. You liberals are too self absorbed to accept the facts of war.

Throw all the rocks you want. This is my last post on the topic.

Last edited:

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm sorry I offended your sensabilities. How many women and children have their terrorist bombs killed? We are at WAR with these savages. They're driven by some religious fervor we'll never comprehend. They murder people in the name of "holy book burning" THEY CUT HEADS OFF PRISONERS! How many thousands of our young men and women are limbless because of the indiscriminate roadside bombing? Where were you people when they blew up the towers? No women and children there I suppose ? 10 years ago this soldiers action would have not drawn any attention. Despite all efforts to win their hearts and minds they maintain hatred for all infidels. I don't recall leaflets being dropped warning women and children to evacuate prior to Hiroshima and Dresden. THEY will always win because Americans have become far too civilized. I don't advocate pinning a medal on this troop, but I understand his reasoning. They are all the enemy.

for fear of banning, I'll hold my tongue on what I think of you... But to make a point, how many of those children that were shot in cold blood, had anything whatsoever to do with any terrorist activity on US soil??? There only crime was being born into a society of people who mostly follow a religion that just happens to have a small vocal, insanely hateful, minority.... Anybody who can look an innocent child in the eye and waste him, should himself be exterminated with extreme predjudice... :cool:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    The guy is a murderer. thats simple.

The not so simple thing to explain to our kids, is why we ever went there in the first place.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Do we have all the facts? Did he really kill women and children? Did he think he was shooting a Taliban in the dark? I'd like more facts before coming to any conclusion.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    It's far past time to pull our troops out and fire up the Enola Gay.

I'll help pay for fueling the old girl up and pre-consent to be called "evil" or any other derogatory terms that can be applied.

These people will kill you if you use the wrong hand to pick up bread at the dinner table, but we're supposed to take the high road all the time? We have a young man, under incredible stress, go berserk, and we're supposed to **** ourselves with sorrow and indignation?

Get him out, get him help and if we need to lock him up and throw away the key, do it here, not over there.

Can't support the "ran out of ammo" comment, however.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    The tensions between the two countries had appeared to be easing as recently as Friday, when the two governments signed a memorandum of understanding about the transfer of Afghan detainees to Afghan control — a key step toward an eventual strategic partnership to govern U.S. forces in the country.
    Sunday's shooting could push that agreement further away.
    "This is a fatal hammer blow on the U.S. military mission in Afghanistan.
    The guys name isn't Mohammed or Achbar or Hussein is it?
    I haven't seen the shooters name reported yet and last time that happened the guy finally turned out to be Nidal Malik Hasan at Fort Hood.
    Just sayin' :dunno:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm sorry I offended your sensabilities. How many women and children have their terrorist bombs killed? We are at WAR with these savages. They're driven by some religious fervor we'll never comprehend. They murder people in the name of "holy book burning" THEY CUT HEADS OFF PRISONERS! How many thousands of our young men and women are dead or limbless because of the indiscriminate roadside bombing? Where were you people when they blew up the towers? No women and children there I suppose ? 10 years ago this soldiers action would have not drawn any attention. Despite all efforts to win their hearts and minds they maintain hatred for all infidels. I don't recall leaflets being dropped warning women and children to evacuate prior to Hiroshima and Dresden. THEY will always win because Americans have become far too civilized. I don't advocate pinning a medal on this troop, but I understand his reasoning. They are all the enemy. Their children will grow up to kill your children. You liberals are too self absorbed to accept the facts of war.

If we are lucky...your last post here. We don't need people like you making us SENSIBLE gun owners look bad.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'll help pay for fueling the old girl up and pre-consent to be called "evil" or any other derogatory terms that can be applied.

These people will kill you if you use the wrong hand to pick up bread at the dinner table, but we're supposed to take the high road all the time? We have a young man, under incredible stress, go berserk, and we're supposed to **** ourselves with sorrow and indignation?

Get him out, get him help and if we need to lock him up and throw away the key, do it here, not over there.

Can't support the "ran out of ammo" comment, however.

Wow, we really should just kick in doors and kill all we find? Kids..OK, women...OK, non-combatants...OK? Sad.......

armypfar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    anchorage alaska
    Yeah i heard about this while passing through kuwait and this dude just had a breakdown over the protesters at his cop protesting the burning of the korans at bagram.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I've posted this before, but the amount of stress we put on combat veterans goes WAAAAAAAAAAAY beyond the pale.

14 month deployments where every day you're looking over your shoulder for death. You do that 3 times in a row and see if it doesn't fry your noodle.

In previous wars, studies were done to monitor a soldier's effective combat mental state. This was done so people would be less likely to freeze up or go crazy.

30 days on the front line and something like 1 week of actual combat were the limits before you were rotated to a safe location to recover your wits.

We put people on the wire for over a year now. It's sad, but not unexpected that things like this happen.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    sadly we are still fighting them over there, while they are training in camps here in our own country.

And we're not actually even fighting them, being the number of our guys hit by IEDs. This enemy doesn't have a face...a uniform.

They throw kurans into sewage dumps and no reaction. We burn those containing messages and they throw a fit.

We need to stop nation building and bring our guys home, take care our own country for awhile. We do more to secure borders of nations that hate us than we do our own.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    knowing what those animals would do to our women and children if given the chance....... i just cant get worked up over this. they need to try the soldier sentence him, and forget about it.

i'm not saying what he did was right, it wasnt.

some folks on here really need to get off your high horses....... getting hard to walk around here without stepping in sh....

jake

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Wow...I'm at a loss for words. What if the same soldier was here in the States, picked a random neighborhood and did the same thing? Since Afgan kids are beneath us, there is no reason we should get worked up? I am ASHAMED to share the board with those who think like this. Nothing like making gun owners look like backwards, violence loving, hillbillies.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    It amazes me how easily we fall into the trap of dehumanizing each other.

It makes life seem simpler if we can just divide the world into a few groups instead of focusing on individuals. If we can look at the 9 children who were murdered and lump them in with the terrorists who blew up our towers, then this story fits into our worldview quite nicely.

But the world isn't that simple. The vast majority of the people in these regions are not terrorists. Many may call themselves muslims, but how many of us call ourselves 'Christians' without even attempting to practice a single tenet of Christianity? These are just people trying to survive. And 9 of their children and several of their wives/daughters/mothers were murdered by an American, and they will likely never have the chance to see him held accountable.

Let's bring them home. We are creating more terrorists than we are catching.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Wow...I'm at a loss for words. What if the same soldier was here in the States, picked a random neighborhood and did the same thing? Since Afgan kids are beneath us, there is no reason we should get worked up? I am ASHAMED to share the board with those who think like this. Nothing like making gun owners look like backwards, violence loving, hillbillies.

I couldn't agree with this more.

I'd like to see a few of you look a mother in the eye and tell her you 'just can't get worked up' over her little boy being murdered.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010

Denny, one of the things I have discovered, is that a lot of gun owners ARE backwards, violence loving, hillbillies.

They dont just act like it... thats what they ARE.

Top Bottom