• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Your set up, IMHO, should involve as little unholstering/reholstering as possible. The more you handle a firearm, the more opportunities for mistakes...

While driving for Uber since February, I have gotten out of my car twice to help someone with bags. If that situation arose, I would likely expose the firearm in the least conspicuous way possible. I could get out when they are out of the car and close my door behind me or temporarily unholster and put it under my seat...

Professional self defense instructors recommend on body carry. A plan to be transferring your firearm between locations in a vehicle is poor planning. How do you do this discretely without pointing the gun at yourself or others? Unnecessary gun handling such as unholstering//holstering is a huge factor in negligent discharges. Let alone the mentality of knowing (or wondering) exactly where your gun is at all times.

Josh, you don't have to wait for your license or the gun purchase to start training. Any instructor should be able to provide a gun and gear to train with as long as you specify you need them to. You will likely need to coordinate on what ammo to bring.

I'd suggest to start training as soon as possible. This will help with making lots of decisions on guns, gear, habits and mindset. It might actually save you money in the bigger picture, avoiding going in bad directions on all of this.

There are lots of top notch local trainers right here on INGO :ingo::
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics-training/

Last edited:

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    Josh, you don't have to wait for your license or the gun purchase to start training. Any instructor should be able to provide a gun and gear to train with as long as you specify you need them to. You will likely need to coordinate on what ammo to bring.

I'd suggest to start training as soon as possible. This will help with making lots of decisions on guns, gear, habits and mindset. It might actually save you money in the bigger picture, avoiding going in bad directions on all of this.

There are lots of top notch local trainers right here on INGO :ingo::
    Tactics and Training
    Yes, I do plan on taking training classes prior to purchasing my first handgun. I am currently in the process of obtaining my LTCH (I get fingerprinted next week) and I may or may not have my license before I begin a class. But, I certainly won't purchase a weapon before I begin training. Safety is my top priority.

I will certainly be checking out some of the training offerings available by members here. As I mentioned early in the thread, I would love to offer my services as a computer repair business owner as a barter for training if someone is interested. I will be posting directly on that topic soon.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I wonder if having a large aerosol can of what appears to be pepper spray sitting in the console would be enough to deter miscreants....maybe it would keep them occupied while you draw your handgun. I wouldn't put anything but an empty can any where they could reach up and grab it. Call this a little misdirection. Also installing the disintegration ray on the back of your headrest might come in handy too....just don't ever set it off accidentally...but if you do...who will know?

Top Bottom