• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Any opinions on how long you should be involved in the sport before taking the RO class?

It depends on your level of participation. If you are shooting a local once or twice a month and want to learn more about the rules, then do it.
    You do not need to be a certified RO to run the timer at a local match.
    I attended the class so I could help out at the level 2 Indiana matches.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I went to class with these kids ^^^, but it was after my first year in USPSA. I shot USPSA for a year before I joined.

I was pushed into ROing. Just wanted to know the rules of the sport better. I'm pretty bad at saying "no" though. ;)

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I went to class with these kids ^^^, but it was after my first year in USPSA. I shot USPSA for a year before I joined.

I was pushed into ROing. Just wanted to know the rules of the sport better. I'm pretty bad at saying "no" though. ;)

So, Burl . . . I could use $50. Can you help a brother out?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Any opinions on how long you should be involved in the sport before taking the RO class?

Maybe as long as it takes to find one that is fairly close and on a convenient weekend, and to decide it is something you want to do.
    I can't think of any reason why it would be better to delay??

Alaskan454

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2016
    IN
    Honestly, there's no reason not to take the class. You'll have a better chance of learning the rules correctly early on and it'll be your decision when you RO a squad for the first time.

7920drew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    Honestly, there's no reason not to take the class. You'll have a better chance of learning the rules correctly early on and it'll be your decision when you RO a squad for the first time.

Totally agree. Learning the rules through this class definitely helped me get more comfortable in this sport. I'd recommend it to anyone who intends to regularly compete.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Maybe as long as it takes to find one that is fairly close and on a convenient weekend, and to decide it is something you want to do.
    I can't think of any reason why it would be better to delay??

Looking for one that fits the fairly close and convenient criteria now. I have learned how to run the scoring device and I always help with set up, so I figured it would be a logical next step.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Looking for one that fits the fairly close and convenient criteria now. I have learned how to run the scoring device and I always help with set up, so I figured it would be a logical next step.

If you talk with the local club powers that be you may find somebody willing to make that happen. I talked to the md's at the two clubs closest to me and they were both willing to go through the effort of facilitating a class, issue was finding enough students.
    R.o. Job is more fun than scoring.

Top Bottom