• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    that's the in-vogue mantra, but for the most part, the language the rules uses is that the competitor commits a safety infraction that is subject to DQ, then receives a DQ from the from the match official, who issues it. Technically, they don't "DQ themselves." But they commit an infraction, resulting in DQ. Unfortunately, I've issued several. I also received one, circa 2007. I had a dream a couple weeks ago I received another...

I have nothing against the common language. I use it, too. e.g. "Joe Blow DQ'd on stage 4" or "I hated watching a Boy Named Sue DQ himself." However, it's also not incorrect to say "I DQ'd Mustang Sally when she swept herself," or to ask "how many shooters have you DQ'd."

:twocents:

-rvb

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    that's the in-vogue mantra, but for the most part, the language the rules uses is that the competitor commits a safety infraction that is subject to DQ, then receives a DQ from the from the match official, who issues it. Technically, they don't "DQ themselves." But they commit an infraction, resulting in DQ. Unfortunately, I've issued several. I also received one, circa 2007. I had a dream a couple weeks ago I received another...

I have nothing against the common language. I use it, too. e.g. "Joe Blow DQ'd on stage 4" or "I hated watching a Boy Named Sue DQ himself." However, it's also not incorrect to say "I DQ'd Mustang Sally when she swept herself," or to ask "how many shooters have you DQ'd."

:twocents:

-rvb

Fun sponge

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Fun sponge

hqdefault.jpg

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    You can learn a ton from the class, but if you really want to learn about this sport it is when you apply what you learned in class by running the timer on shooters especially at larger matches.
    Just doing it at a club match and usually with the same group of people is fine and it is a big help to the local clubs, but you can get in a pattern, get used to the same folks and how they shoot...you might even get a little lazy on the timer and let some things slip by
    RO'ing several 100 people from all over in a State/Section or Level 2 match will open your eyes to all kinds of different shooters and how they do things, makes you more prepared.

By the way coming up is the SNS 400, the Area 5 Steel Challenge Championship and the Indiana Section match...

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    You can learn a ton from the class, but if you really want to learn about this sport it is when you apply what you learned in class by running the timer on shooters especially at larger matches.

I worked with a "seasoned" RO at the 400 last year and found it very beneficial. He gave me a lot of good tips and advice that it would have taken me longer to learn on my own.

JMitch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2015
    Greenwood
    Good for another year. I am glad someone started this thread the association doesn't let you know you when you are about to expire.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Just took the test. Another 100%. Check that off as completed for another year.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For the first time since . . . I don't know when . . . rhino has completed the USPSA NROI Level I Range Officer Recertification Exam not only on time, but four days early!

Yes, it actually happened.

Top Bottom