• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    July 19th, huh?

Hmmm... The UT non-resident class is QUITE appealing! Especially considering that several of my future in-laws live in Ohio...

But, fortunately or unfortunately, I have plans that day.

You see, July 19th is when those future in-laws BECOME the in-laws.

Our weddin' isn't until 4:30, but even if the class were over at noon, I can guarantee that I'd be a "little" pre-occupied and not be able to pay attention. hehe

-J-

Congrats on the wedding! Fortunately for you, while you'll not be able to attend this class (which is our loss), you will still be able to contact minuteman32 on here to arrange for a time you could do it later. Alternatively, it's possible that groups might get together and do this on a regular basis, as we are doing now.

(Psst! you guys want to find his shoes and write HELP ME on the bottoms of them? ;) :lmfao:)

Blessings,
    B

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    And to make it even more clear, this hotel is immediately behind the new Walmart / Gander Mountain / BW-3, etc etc.

It's a NICE hotel, too. I've been in the lobby a few times. I'd venture to say that it's the nicest HI-Express in the state; and I've stayed in a LOT of them...

-J-

If it helps anyone decide on a venue, the hotel is the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Greenwood, Indiana. Its right next to I-65 off the County Line Road exit (#101). We're approximately 10 minutes south of downtown Indy.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK...
    I have 16 now, two of whom are not on this BB that I know of.
    The 14 I know here are:
    ryanmercer
    Cwood
    Pami
    W9ZEB
    Hiram Abiff
    Big Country
    esrice
    Ri22o
    Obijohn
    bwframe
    hoosiertriangle
    lovemywoods
    kup
    and me

If there is anyone else interested, please let me know!
    Evan and I are still planning on splitting the cost of the room.
    If we don't have a different place by the 12th (one week before the class), we'll go with that.

Blessings,
    B

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If I can ask, how much is the fee for the place? I'm not opposed to chipping in (dammit Hiram.)

Sounds to me like it's an easy to find, minimal traffic problem area right off a major highway. Coming from out of town, that counts for a lot on my end.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Has anyone contacted the Ohio AG to confirm an out-of-state UT permit is valid? Or have some other definite proof? I seem to remember reading somewhere (can't find it now, of course) that OH doesn't honor permits issued to non-residents of the license-issuing state. IE: Hoosier with a UT permit.

I plan on calling and/or writing the OH AG to get a confirmation, just because I don't wanna risk getting into a world of hurt due to (mis)information I got on the "Inner-net".

Hiram Abiff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Wayne Co.
    I know the PDF file I downloaded (post #42) didn't mention non-residents it only talked about residents.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Has anyone contacted the Ohio AG to confirm an out-of-state UT permit is valid? Or have some other definite proof? I seem to remember reading somewhere (can't find it now, of course) that OH doesn't honor permits issued to non-residents of the license-issuing state. IE: Hoosier with a UT permit.

I plan on calling and/or writing the OH AG to get a confirmation, just because I don't wanna risk getting into a world of hurt due to (mis)information I got on the "Inner-net".

http://www.ag.state.oh.us/le/prevention/concealcarry/docs/cc_reciproc_ut.pdf

See sec. 3b. :)

Blessings,
    B

phishb0y

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I spoke with someone in the office on the 2nd and he said let me tell you about a loop hole. "With a Utah non resident permit you can carry."

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hiram, BWFrame, and all:

Thank you two who offered to help with the rental of the room.

I've just been informed that the hotel GM has relented and will be letting us use the room without cost! The class will therefore be July 19, 2008, at the Holiday Inn Express in Greenwood, at 11AM, lasting four hours. Evan, if you could post the actual street address, I'm sure it would be appreciated, as might a mapquest or yahoo map or some such.

EDIT: I got this PMd from Evan as I was typing this message:
    esrice said:
    For people coming in, you can tell them that the hotel is directly behind the Greenwood Gander Mtn. That should be a pretty good landmark for most of these guys. For people using map programs or GPS, they should use the Gander Mtn. address, as the hotel address doesn't always get people here properly:

Gander Mtn. - Greenwood
    1049 N. Emerson Ave
    Greenwood, IN 46143

I asked Dan what we need for the class and he said "a pen and your ID". He will have applications, fingerprint cards, etc., there, and as he said above, he also brings copies of Bryan Ciyou's book, Indiana Handgun Law, which he sells for $25.00, the same price he buys them.

For those who may have a handgun with which they are not familiar, he also said you may bring that with you if you have questions you'd like him to help answer for you. The following is probably unnecessary, but I request that if you do so, you please bring it unloaded, since you will be handling it. Note that this request refers only to the unfamiliar gun, not any carry piece you might have with you, which hopefully none of us will be handling during the course of this class.

Lastly, if there is anyone out there who doesn't think they can come, but at the last minute finds they can, that's OK. He'll bring extra applications and fingerprint cards. Worst case scenario, I think we could even get your papers to you in the mail, if need be.

Any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Blessings,
    B

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Added event to the INGO calendar.

Please RSVP to Bill of Rights if you plan to attend and haven't posted your intentions in this thread.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Dang...

The wedding is still on. I for sure can't make it now. LOL

-J-

Why not? We're starting at 11, be done by 3, so that gives you an hour and a half to get your monkey suit on and get to the church! :lmfao:

Just tell your bride to be that you're taking the morning to learn valuable skills to contribute to her happiness throughout your lives together. Hey, whattaya want; it's TRUE!! :cool:

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom