• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Just tell your bride to be that you're taking the morning to learn valuable skills to contribute to her happiness throughout your lives together.

BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!!!!
    That is the sound of a BS detector going off

Him having self defense skills won't contribute to her happiness? ;)

Yeah, I know.. but this way, he can tell her something that's true without telling her he's going to go for gun training. :)

Blessings,
    B

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Glad to hear so many are signing up for Dan's class. As a earlier graduate of his class, you are in for some good factual information. Highly recommend this class. Utah is very user friendly with their permit process. You can track your permit's progress via internet. I lost my wallet awhile back and the replacement was easy.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Glad to hear so many are signing up for Dan's class. As a earlier graduate of his class, you are in for some good factual information. Highly recommend this class. Utah is very user friendly with their permit process. You can track your permit's progress via internet. I lost my wallet awhile back and the replacement was easy.

Thanks very much, Jimbo! I know I'm looking forward to this very much! Right now, we're just under 20 total, which should be a good sized class, and 33 states makes this the best value out there.

How long do they take to get the permit back to you once you send your stuff through?

Blessings,
    B

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Just a reminder to all who're coming to it, the UT CCW class is being held this weekend in Greenwood. Those who've PMd have been advised that Dan charges $150 for the class with a discount for national or state pro-2A group membership (GOA, JPFO, and even NRA, for example) and discount or not, my usual practice is to expect to spend the full amount, if for no other reason than "just in case". FYI, he also said he brings copies of Indiana Handgun Law, by Bryan Ciyou, Esq., and sells them for the same price he gets them, $25.

This class will be held at the Greenwood Holiday Inn Express, which is behind Gander Mountain (Address for Gander is above, since the hotel does not show up on Mapquest), from 11AM to 3PM.

Bring your ID and his fee. Bring a pen. Bring a good attitude.

Everything I've heard is that this is a good, fun class; four hours, classroom only.

With this CCW and our IN LTC, 33 states will recognize your right to carry in accordance with their laws, and we're working on more all the time. (KS, SC, and WV recognize only resident LTC/CCWs. The other 14 states don't recognize any out of state CCW/LTCs.)

I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

Blessings,
    B

Last edited:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    i could get a cardboard cut-out made of me quick, and y'all can stand it up and pretend I'm there? Maybe use it for target practice afterward? ;)

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    For those who asked, Utah is currently saying they will send out your documents within 60 days of their receipt. At least that is what their web-site says.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I see the class is 150.00. does that include the fee to apply for the permit?

I see all we need is a pen and a photo ID, do we need a photo for the UT permit or is it like the pink IN permit?

I have to pay some bills tonight and I believe I will be able to. If I can swing the costs can I just show up?

Thanks,
    James

Last edited:

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    The costs are: $150 for the class, $65.25 to UT for the license, passport photo, fingerprints & copy of drivers license (to be sent to UT) for whatever the cost to do that @ your chosen location might be.
    It is valid for 5 years and renewals are $10 for each 5 year period thereafter.
    It is valid in 33 states @ this time & gets you 7 more states that an IN permit does alone (OH is the closest addition).

Top Bottom