• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    High five clay. I knew you would chose to be a champion today. You have a nice car, it would've sucked to have to ruin it with my anger.

By the way, here is what the laminated stock looks like (assuming the "malware detected" thing doesn't pop up)
    index.php

Looks very AK74 ish only black. I hear the colors may vary. Hang on to your stocks as they'll be collectors items at some point.

SGM is in the process of making 8,10,and12 rd magazines that activate the LRBHO.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    wait, the atlantic page says these come with a poly stock????? I dig the wood, well, until I put a folder on it ;)

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    well I read up on it a bit. Looks like Atlantic is unsure of what the shotguns will be coming in with so they have chosen to 'upgrade' to a poly stock.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    well I read up on it a bit. Looks like Atlantic is unsure of what the shotguns will be coming in with so they have chosen to 'upgrade' to a poly stock.

Yeah I guess the wood color is widely varied. I'd rather have the wood for collection purposes. I think I'll be going either poly or SVD folder if I can find another

High five mammy. I knew I could count on you

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I think the problem here TT is that you're not willing to allow awesome to take over. Awesome requires commitment. When i go to the pool, do you think i just daintily ease myself in the water? No, I cannonball that mother ****er. Shock and Awe. People see 2 things:

1. Archimedes theory of water displacement in full effect
    2. Even an olympic sized swimming pool with heavy chlorinated water can't wash off all this success.

Grab your credit card and dive in with both feet. Be honest with yourself. Did you open this thread because of the title...or because you smelled so much success inside?

Horse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Part of it is just a question of priorities.

I don't have my rifle where I want it just yet, and spending $1K on a VEPR doesn't get me as far as $1K into the other options would.

Still a really cool shottie!

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I think the problem here TT is that you're not willing to allow awesome to take over. Awesome requires commitment. When i go to the pool, do you think i just daintily ease myself in the water? No, I cannonball that mother ****er. Shock and Awe. People see 2 things:

1. Archimedes theory of water displacement in full effect
    2. Even an olympic sized swimming pool with heavy chlorinated water can't wash off all this success.

Grab your credit card and dive in with both feet. Be honest with yourself. Did you open this thread because of the title...or because you smelled so much success inside?

This is the most motivated I've been all week. :laugh:

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I must have one of these!:D

I agree

This is the most motivated I've been all week. :laugh:

It's simple math. Motivation + money = awesome.

so when his wife boots him out for it, are you going to let him snuggle with you?
    I think we're good. The gross weight capacity of this futon is 486lbs. As long as he only weighs 46lbs we're covered. Little known fun fact: futon means "heavy duty" in Korean.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I sent this as a reply to someone asking about the Vepr 12 vs Saiga 12 and figured others could benefit from the information:

As of now mags are limited and there is only one company overseas that makes a magwell drum which is Maxrounds.

saiga12_drum_pro.jpg

You can modify the current batch of AGP and surfire mags to work in the magwell mostly by removing ribs and the front catch from the surefire and grinding down the plastic where the screws are on an AGP.

Surefire is currently making magwell mags that will actuate the last round bolt hold open feature of the gun so in theory we are covered.

In russia, VEPRS are the Noveskes of the AK world.

If you just consider the cost involved in converting a saiga and do a comparison you'll see there is no comparison.

saiga 12 $600.00
    Russian Saiga 12 Gauge Shotgun W / Free Shooters Package - Long Guns

You have to buy a conversion kit 160.00
    http://store.carolinashooterssupply....ion-kit/Detail

You'll then have to plug/weld over the old trigger holes (since the trigger is moved forward) and re coat the whole thing...$200.00 maybe

Total price 960.00

and what do you end up with?

You have a shotgun with no last round bolt hold open, no magwell, no hinged top cover, no self regulating gas system, no rails, the parts are cast not milled etc etc.

For $40.00 more you go from this
    26365d1256399689-purchased-saiga-12-gunbroker-dsc00938.jpg

to this
    04.jpg

Keep in mind that with the saiga you don't get the same features that you're used to on an AK. The gas tube ISN'T removable, and the forend is their hunting designed though for more money you can buy an RPK style.

The appeal is that this is the first time they've been brought into the states. The fact that they aren't $2,500 is mind boggling. I don't expect them to stay at 1000 for long. When saiga 12's first came to the states you could buy them for 250.00. Look at them now. 600+ unconverted.

To put it in AR terms you could buy a bushmaster AR take all the crap off of it, put a new trigger in it, new stock, new rails, better bolt carrier, low pro gas block, troy sights etc etc etc and make something that costs more than a Noveske, looks similar to a Noveske but is no where near as good as a Noveske...Just buy a Noveske

The closest comparison to the Vepr 12 is the saiga 030
    saiga12_030.jpg

Most of the components are the same though again the parts are cast not milled so the fit and finish is not as good, but here's a comparison. Legion is importing the 030 in it's sporter configuration (i.e. u need to move the trigger group, install pistol grip ect)

IZ433.jpg

The cost is 1200-1400$

Note that you still have to buy a conversion kit like the very basic one listed above for 160.00, then blend and weld the holes and recoat the thing for another $200.00.

So for $1560 at the lowest you can get a 030 that's almost as good (cast parts verses milled/standard manufacturer vs custom shop) as a $1000 vepr 12 that is factory original.
    That right there should convince you.

Top Bottom