• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    You'll think that until we collectively eat a giant burrito and chase it with some starbucks coffee.

Just remember, you don't treat me right and you will be sitting in voltron poo undies all day long. And for those wondering, Voltron futon wears a size small hammock for a size Large banana!

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Some further help for those looking to replace their stocks.

Bonesteel arms is making a folding stock for the Vepr rifles that'll work aparently.
    Ak/Saiga Folding stock with integral AR15 extension tube

Should look similar to this

IMG_4114.JPG

Another option for those not wanting the expense of buying (if you can find one) a factory Vepr folder and having the rear end machined to make it work, is an Krebs Ace Adapter and ace stock.

StampedReceiverBlock1.jpg

f950c7fc.jpg

Kinda similar

vepr12_1.jpg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    "Domestic Black Polymer rear buttstock may vary"

I read somewhere that the variants imported to the US may have the folding stock...

Anyone figure this out yet?

Personally I dig the black polymer look, but I am really just curious...

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    They're all being imported with a wood stock that is supposed to vary in finish. Some places are switching them out with polymer stocks after they arrive. Many think the wood stocks will be most likely Wasr-esque.

vepr12shotgunlaminatestock.jpg

They are also rumored to be the thumbhole variety like the Vepr rifle imports. If that is the case they'll be very collectable. This is how they were presented at some russian gun show. Note the evil features such as a folding stock, gas block rail, and hand guard rail are gone. Mach1 arsenal says this is a slant cut and they won't import slant cuts, so maybe, maybe not.

95074929.jpg

Tac47 says you can preorder from them and request polymer or the wood. They used this picture to show what wood they were talking about.
    post-16266-0-26918400-1348115705_thumb.jpg

I do sincerely doubt they would put a folder on them or even have the proper cuts for a folder to be added.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    This might be a stupid question buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, will standard ak parts fit them? Ex. Grip, handguards, trigger, etc. etc.

I know the obvious caliber issues that will prevent what does/doesn't fit.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    There will be some variance with the internal parts. Saiga 12's vs regular AK triggers are almost the same however the profile is slightly different and the mounting edge has been milled down to accept the BHO.

trxtrgword.jpg

Since what is the BHO lever on a saiga 12 is the bolt release on a Vepr 12, i would assume that even more material would have to be removed to accommodate that feature + a LRBHO instead of a BHO. Safeties, disconnectors, pins, shepherds crooks, and springs should all be interchangeable.

The piston system will be more of a conglomeration of an AK piston and a Saiga 12 puck/piston thing.

Ak bolt carrier (gas hits piston moving bolt carrier rearward)
    BoltCarriers.jpg

Saiga 12 system (gas hits puck which hits piston moving bolt carrier rearward)
    images

Vepr 12 system (gas hits puck which hits piston moving bolt carrier rearward)
    6354459163_ee0576ed41_m.jpg

Use the lower bolt carrier as the upper was obviously modified. The piston area has a notch cut out to aid in removing the puck should it get stuck.

The barrel diameter is what'll keep you from being able to use any AK handguard that is out there. Like the S12 you'll be limited. The stock and grip, however, should be standard. Personally the only thing i plan on changing is adding the gas block lower rail and a correct stock (if they can be found). I have a molot grip on my saiga 12 and it feels great. I kinda wish i had the one without the finger groves, but it still feels great.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    thinking really hard about it. but if the left foot is taken.. do i really want to be the as you put it.. "anus of awesomeness"?

Everybody has to have a roll in life.

I'd jump quick and get in on a preorder as i'm sure the 1000 will go quick. With any luck someone will ban these from future importation and 5 years down the road you can sell yours and buy a house. Remember the price of saiga 12's 7 years ago? Look at them now. Russian Tigrs

jgspring96tiger.jpg

TIGRd.jpg

This one just sold for $5,000

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks a lot you bunch of peer pressure jerks. I pre-ordered mine tonight. Order #990. Feel like I jumped in just before the lock...:spend:

I do appreciate all of the insight and information (and peer pressure) provided by vitamink. I am still a bit worreid about getting mags for it and wanting to change out the stock to a folding one as I'm not that good of an AK-smith. But right now basking in the awesomeness of the pre-order and will worry about those things again later...:nailbite:

Top Bottom