• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    thought the initial shipment was 1000. im sure the Head of FV will be along shortly to clarify.

and i thought you ordered before i did? i got order 991

I'm willing to bet that the order numbers on Atlantic are for all orders not just the Vepr 12. I know a few guys that are ordering multiple, but given 1 order number. Those that are selling them are all saying there is only 1000 total for them to divvy out.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    So tempting........

I almost tried to stop myself from ordering one... but then I realized that I could sell it for what I am paying at the drop of a dime. What I will likely not be able to do is get the same deal ever again.

At least, that is what I tell myself - as if it will ever leave my hands... bwahahhahah...

I'm willing to bet that the order numbers on Atlantic are for all orders not just the Vepr 12. I know a few guys that are ordering multiple, but given 1 order number. Those that are selling them are all saying there is only 1000 total for them to divvy out.

That would make sense.

Other distributors are taking pre-orders also, so if only 1,000 were coming in - Atlantic taking 1,000 orders would not make sense.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Last edited:

stlaser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    I thought MD arms was out of business?

I believe MD Amrs plans to make a VEPR 12 drum...

Until then...

silly6.jpg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I thought MD arms was out of business?

I never realized that - my information must be inaccurate :(

Some people have discussed the possibility of modifying saiga magazines - but if they are correct the modification may leave it unable to operate in a Saiga. Also, I doubt the bolt hold open would operate correctly - unless their is an easy modification for that also. I guess we will have to wait and see.

For now SGM Tactical is producing 10 and 12 round magazines, which are supposed to work with the bolt hold open....

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    There are people asking the same questions about MD Arms on the saiga forums. Seems no one has heard anything from him in a few months. Granted he didnt sell anything through his website anymore, all was sold through vendors.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    There are people asking the same questions about MD Arms on the saiga forums. Seems no one has heard anything from him in a few months. Granted he didnt sell anything through his website anymore, all was sold through vendors.

My last order was bought direct from MD Arms and I didn't know that there had been a change in sales policy. Strange though that a Product Page isn't available and the name MDarms being used by another

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    You can still buy the maxrounds magwell drum...for a crap ton of money.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-f431_l-30[/ame]

FF to :39

Oh and HIGH FIVE magic man.

I doubt Mike from MD will make a magwell drum. He had all his money tied up in those double stack mags that he came up with 4 or so years ago, but hasn't brought to market.
    saiga_double_stack_magazine-tm-tfb.jpg

If you consider that the 030 clones have only been out for a year and there are only 1000 Veprs, subtract the amount of people who want a drum, subtract those that can afford one and you're not left with much of a profit margin. At this point your best bet would be to try and convince AA to remake their feed tower, since their design is a rip off of the Maxrounds. Their drum is pieced together from aluminum so it would be easier to change the tower than remold an entire drum like MD ARMS. You'd then have a cheaper alternative to the Maxrounds made in Indiana.

Last edited:

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I am extremely tempted to buy one of these. I kick myself for letting so many guns pass by without purchase back in the early 90's when prices were stupid crazy low. Looking at this purchase as a "once in a lifetime" opportunity.:cool:

I'd have to come up with a way to put a round block in the magazine though so it could only hold 2 + 1, because I would HAVE to take this thing goose/duck hunting just one time. Oh to come up out of the blind shouldering this thing. My hunting buddies would crap their pants!:rockwoot::ar15::laugh:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    SGM makes a 2 rd mag for the saiga. They are currently working on LRBHO magwell mags for the Vepr12/030. You can always cut one down and move the floorplate if they stick with their saiga design.

I just read this over at another forum. It's a Russian trying to explain why the Vepr is better than the Saiga. It cracked me up so i'm posting it here.

Mikhail:
    "I apologize for the translation.
    I own a gun Vepr-12 about five years. And I would like to say why my choice was not in favor of the Saiga 12. Vepr12 has a barrel of cold rotary forging, as Saiga - hot-forged barrel. Cold forging - it is more expensive and high-quality manufacturing process barrel of a gun. Hardening of the bolt is the normal technology at Vepr12. Saiga - this product for perverts who can not live without adventures on his ass, and still pay for that money. Izhevsk bungler product, made in violation of all processing technologies and hardening metal."

So in summation, if you are a pervert who will pay for for ass adventures, you want a Saiga... otherwise get a Vepr.

Umm. Anyone want to buy my place in line over at Atlantic?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Mikhail:
    "I apologize for the translation.
    I own a gun Vepr-12 about five years. And I would like to say why my choice was not in favor of the Saiga 12. Vepr12 has a barrel of cold rotary forging, as Saiga - hot-forged barrel. Cold forging - it is more expensive and high-quality manufacturing process barrel of a gun. Hardening of the bolt is the normal technology at Vepr12. Saiga - this product for perverts who can not live without adventures on his ass, and still pay for that money. Izhevsk bungler product, made in violation of all processing technologies and hardening metal."
    We... have no response. That was perfect.

james_carville1.jpg

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    :eek:

dont tell me you have to back out.. :popcorn:

Negative sir, i was a little concerned that i made the incorrect choice when i read, "Saiga - this product for perverts who can not live without adventures on his ass"...I thought to myself, "****, i need to buy a saiga instead..." Luckily i realized that I already have multiple Saigas so i can get this Vepr and not look as if I DON'T enjoy ass adventures as the amount of Saigas I own outweigh the amount of Veprs I own. I'd hate to put off the wrong vibe.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    whew.. yes.. i will be even up on the saiga vs. vepr count in my household.. not only can i be a pervert, but i can be a part of awesomeness.

Top Bottom