• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Ada also says allergies and fear of dogs are not valid excuses for excluding service dogs. I guess I won't be going to tri state shows anymore and I hope Stout Field and other armories no longer allows them use their facilities.

Will you please post that rule , law. ive never seen that on any ada paperwork.

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    It seems like there is more to this story. Do these two folks know each other? Was there some bad blood? Seems odd that this promoter who has been doing this for a long time has never come across a veteran and their service dog.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Ada also says allergies and fear of dogs are not valid excuses for excluding service dogs. I guess I won't be going to tri state shows anymore and I hope Stout Field and other armories no longer allows them use their facilities.

I'll ask again with me being better defined.
    Where in ADA does it state that people with Allergies are not a reason for excluding service animals?

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Last edited:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    That's a legitimate use for a service dog. My sister uses hers for the same reason. However, she is under 5 feet tall and has brittle bone disease. It also serves to give her a bit of a buffer when in crowded spaces, to keep her from getting bumped into. I'm not sure why a grown man would use a dog for the same purpose, but to each their own.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    That's a legitimate use for a service dog. My sister uses hers for the same reason. However, she is under 5 feet tall and has brittle bone disease. It also serves to give her a bit of a buffer when in crowded spaces, to keep her from getting bumped into. I'm not sure why a grown man would use a dog for the same purpose, but to each their own.

Service dogs are used for all kinds of purposes. People who fall easily, blind, and PTSD. It's not really a laughing matter as to why this veteran needs a service dog.

Ever come home from a really bad day but your dog is happier than ever just to see you? I have. Now imagine having severe anxiety in large crowds of people and your dog is trained to calm you back down.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Big words. I can't say anymore.
    ill just say I hope you never go through the same hell some grown men have had to and actualy need those animals. I also hope one day you walk into an American Legion and say what hku just said.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have attended many Gun Shows in my life, seldom miss one in my area unless there are multiple shows on the same date. Been going for well over 20 years. I can't remember of any shows where at least one and usually more vendors have dogs at their table. I love dogs and it is fairly obvious the dogs at the events are used to crowds, many greet you to pet them.

If this promoter is so allergic to dogs that he can't be in a large venue without health problems he shouldn't be in this business. If he owned a place, I could side with him, but when he rents a public owned building like an Armory, he certainly don't have the right to stop service animals from being in the venue. Somewhere in the previous posts it was stated he allowed service dogs in with customers. It appears he has an issue with the veteran with the dog. I would never attend an event sponsored by that vendor.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have attended many Gun Shows in my life, seldom miss one in my area unless there are multiple shows on the same date. Been going for well over 20 years. I can't remember of any shows where at least one and usually more vendors have dogs at their table. I love dogs and it is fairly obvious the dogs at the events are used to crowds, many greet you to pet them.

If this promoter is so allergic to dogs that he can't be in a large venue without health problems he shouldn't be in this business. If he owned a place, I could side with him, but when he rents a public owned building like an Armory, he certainly don't have the right to stop service animals from being in the venue. Somewhere in the previous posts it was stated he allowed service dogs in with customers. It appears he has an issue with the veteran with the dog. I would never attend an event sponsored by that vendor.
    yep. And he doesn't have the right to keep them out. This promoter is about to get his ass sued off in sure. And he will lose and lose big and he will be hated after it's all over.
    remember the same sex people who wanted a cake made for them? They won big. This is even bigger.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    yep. And he doesn't have the right to keep them out. This promoter is about to get his ass sued off in sure. And he will lose and lose big and he will be hated after it's all over.
    remember the same sex people who wanted a cake made for them? They won big. This is even bigger.

I hope he does. I'll never attend a gun show put on by someone with the disrespect to our veterans.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It sounds more like the more popular than ever " Therapy Dog "

I have personal experience with a real service dog, to the point of putting up nearly 1/2 of the $40K for a professionally trained and matched one. it is a big process, as the blind owner gets many hours of training with the dog. Anytime the harness was on, that dog was 100% business. You could not coerce that dog to do anything but pay 100% attention to the task, guiding my blind brother through life. He got Ushers syndrome and lost his sight in his 30's. That dog was smarter and more disciplined than a good portion of people I know. We would hike the woods around Texas and anything short of rock climbing, the dog could guide him just fine. The dog behaved perfectly in a restaurant, you would never even notice he was under the table.

I see so many of these "comfort dogs" are not service dogs, They are simply the pets of whiny people who are making an excuse. Many are even poorly trained as judged from family pet standards. As much as I like a good dog, these people who have their little flea bags jumping around the restaurants and climbing my legs are highly offensive.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom