• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    another item about a safe... make sure that it is secure or too big to carry off. My favorite method involves carriage bolts through the studs in your wall, then plaster and paint over the heads (you have to sink them into the drywall a bit, but the tension will take car of some of that). That way, the only way to undo the bolts is to open the safe or tear down the wall, and with the heads covered, there's no way to know they are there.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Sorry to hear about the theft of your AR. I can totally relate to how you feel.

A little over a year ago, I took 6 handguns and about 800 rounds (all reloads) over to my girlfriend's house because we were going to the range at 8am the next morning. Well, her house was broken into while we were asleep upstairs and you guessed it, they took those two bags with all my "stuff". One gun was recovered by the police about 6 months later...it was a gangbanger and he's now serving time in prison for some unrelated charges, as well as possessing a stolen firearm.

The other 5 handguns, well, they are still missing, including a college graduation present from my parents in 1976...a nickel plated Colt Diamondback .38 Special. I still cringe (and cry a little) over the loss of that revolver.

Trust me (and all the other INGOers who have had firearms stolen), we feel your pain.

Top Bottom