• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Maybe its the reference to >>>>

Sharia (Arabic: شريعة‎ šarīʿah, IPA: [ʃaˈriːʕa], "legislation"; sp. shariah, sharīʿah;[1] also قانون إسلامي qānūn ʾIslāmī) is the moral code and religious law of Islam. Sharia deals with many topics addressed by secular law, including crime, politics, and economics, as well as personal matters such as sexual intercourse, hygiene, diet, prayer, and fasting. Though interpretations of sharia vary between cultures, in its strictest definition it is considered the infallible law of God—as opposed to the human interpretation of the laws (fiqh).

Good point. Reconstructionism or Dominionism would have been more accurate.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Maybe its the reference to >>>>

Sharia (Arabic: شريعة‎ šarīʿah, IPA: [ʃaˈriːʕa], "legislation"; sp. shariah, sharīʿah;[1] also قانون إسلامي qānūn ʾIslāmī) is the moral code and religious law of Islam. Sharia deals with many topics addressed by secular law, including crime, politics, and economics, as well as personal matters such as sexual intercourse, hygiene, diet, prayer, and fasting. Though interpretations of sharia vary between cultures, in its strictest definition it is considered the infallible law of God—as opposed to the human interpretation of the laws (fiqh).

I would say that the most important issue with the subject is that sharia, and by extension Islam, does not recognize any separation of the secular state from religion and, therefore, the government is properly an administrative apparatus subservient to Islam. Rather than something parallel to the First Amendment prohibition of a religion established by the .gov, sharia is tantamount to a government established by the religion. This is why Saudi Arabia is a monarchy, but the monarch won't cross the clerics on a bet. The fact that the Husseins, Mubaraks, Qadaffis, et.al. weren't devout Moslems which was reflected in their governing does not disparage the fact that they were deviating from the standard, not representing it.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    It seems that we have rediscovered the foundation of the common law standard for a crime, specifically that an identifiable individual victim is required in order for a crime to have occurred.

Exactly.

Those who enjoy big government, on the 'conservative' side will be dying off in the next couple of decades.

Freedom, Liberty, smaller government and lower taxes will return eventually.

Until then, if you want to actually make a vote for smaller government, at the national level, you've got to vote third party. Otherwise you are just endorsing two sides of the same coin.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Who is Michelle Fields? She graduated from college last year...lots of real world experience there.
    Most of the speakers ( except for Eastwood and the Romeneys ) are younger than me.
    When I was young and stupid in college I voted for Jimmy Carter not once but twice. Then I grew up (over 30) and I became a Republican, it's that simple. The youth need to experience supporting a Democrat so they can the realize how stupid they really are. There is no other way of measuring that, you learn from your mistakes, not from doing things right.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Who is Michelle Fields? She graduated from college last year...lots of real world experience there.
    Most of the speakers ( except for Eastwood and the Romeneys ) are younger than me.
    When I was young and stupid in college I voted for Jimmy Carter not once but twice. Then I grew up (over 30) and I became a Republican, it's that simple. The youth need to experience supporting a Democrat so they can the realize how stupid they really are. There is no other way of measuring that, you learn from your mistakes, not from doing things right.
    Michelle Fields appears on Fox pretty regularly. And she writes for the Daily Caller. As for your take, I guess that's fine and all, but the article is talking about young republicans. Not democratic voters. Not sure what you're trying to say. Should all the young republicans all go out and vote Obama? :dunno:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Swing and a miss.

ETA: Mr. J beat me to it.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Michelle Fields appears on Fox pretty regularly. And she writes for the Daily Caller. As for your take, I guess that's fine and all, but the article is talking about young republicans. Not democratic voters. Not sure what you're trying to say. Should all the young republicans all go out and vote Obama? :dunno:

Young Republicans are very hard to find. They are a minority.
    I have one of them living in my house, but he does not realize that he is a republican yet. He thinks he is a Democrat like his Dad did at his age. After taxes wipe out his savings account like they did mine after I had my first real job, you become a Republican overnight. :D

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Young Republicans are very hard to find. They are a minority.
    I have one of them living in my house, but he does not realize that he is a republican yet. He thinks he is a Democrat like his Dad did at his age. After taxes wipe out his savings account like they did mine after I had my first real job, you become a Republican overnight. :D

Taxes wiped out your savings account? How did that happen? I have never experienced the 100% savings account tax rate.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Hmm...OK, I guess. Not sure you caught the gist of the article, tho.

I did get the gist, what she does not realize is that those who become Republicans in their later years (over 30) were not Republicans at her age. Her age group, as my son's, think that they should run the world and they know better than those over 30. Life changes you and you look at the world differently.

Conclusion: Republicans will not die off, they will replaced by those that are young Democrats (under the age of 30) at the present time.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's looking like what it will take to make a significant change in the gop, according to one columnist. The old guard showed just what they think of the young, grass roots cadre at their recent convention. Since working from within for change didn't work, the new blood of sensible fiscal hawks and libertarian minded rnc members will apparently have to wait for nature to take its course before there can be any substantial change in their party. The old guard have shown that they're more than willing to lie, cheat and steal to get their way. What a sad state of affairs it is. "Conservatism", (as it is now) will inevitably die and be replaced. Too bad we have to wait so long.

Once the older generations in America die, so will social conservatism « MichelleFields.com

All law is some form of morality. Even murder, theft and rape are moral issues. Do you think that you could create a culture that would oppress those who have faith? Would you be willing to murder christians and Jews?

Faith is not going away. But secularism is.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did get the gist, what she does not realize is that those who become Republicans in their later years (over 30) were not Republicans at her age. Her age group, as my son's, think that they should run the world and they know better than those over 30. Life changes you and you look at the world differently.

Conclusion: Republicans will not die off, they will replaced by those that are young Democrats (under the age of 30) at the present time.

A "neocon" is someone who was a leftwing in their youth but grew up. The biggest difference between the libertarians and the conservatives are issues of faith. In that manner, libertarians tend to be far more like democrats.

cassaireland05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Hillsboro IN
    I just don't understand where has all of the common sense and people thinking for themselves? I consider myself the 25% of america who has a brain! Sadly I am not the majority! :( Sad thing is its only getting worse. I keep telling people I am not racist, I am a realist! :) I just wish some people had a brain!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Exactly.

Those who enjoy big government, on the 'conservative' side will be dying off in the next couple of decades.

Freedom, Liberty, smaller government and lower taxes will return eventually.

Until then, if you want to actually make a vote for smaller government, at the national level, you've got to vote third party. Otherwise you are just endorsing two sides of the same coin.

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute.

Why should I worry with how I vote if you're so assured that freedom, etc will return eventually? Why does it matter how I vote if the outcome is pre-determined? Not to mention that it doesn't fit with your normal vitriolic rhetoric.

All law is some form of morality. Even murder, theft and rape are moral issues. Do you think that you could create a culture that would oppress those who have faith? Would you be willing to murder christians and Jews?

Faith is not going away. But secularism is.

Probably would be a good idea to define morality. I happen to agree with your first statement, but not for the reasons most would think.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just don't understand where has all of the common sense and people thinking for themselves? I consider myself the 25% of america who has a brain! Sadly I am not the majority! :( Sad thing is its only getting worse. I keep telling people I am not racist, I am a realist! :) I just wish some people had a brain!

My father always said that good sense was never all that common.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute.

Why should I worry with how I vote if you're so assured that freedom, etc will return eventually? Why does it matter how I vote if the outcome is pre-determined? Not to mention that it doesn't fit with your normal vitriolic rhetoric.

Probably would be a good idea to define morality. I happen to agree with your first statement, but not for the reasons most would think.

Morality is codified wisdom. Generally morality is a set of rules, often for children too young to really understand wisdom. Laws are based on such rules (social norms).

Top Bottom