• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Who cares what they'd think? We've had some people on here claiming to stand by the Constitution saying that it is outdated and needs to be living. A confusing bunch we've got in these parts.

An those are called Progressives, which origins go back to the early 1900's, an are found today in many (R), (D) an others. A progressive is simply one that believes the Constitution is a out dated document an needs to be done away with for a new one....We were made as a Republic, an have backslid into a democracy.....forgetting what they said an did is what some an perhaps many so desire today and I find that sad...

"Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, an murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams 1814

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt." Samuel Adams 1749

Sgt.Striker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    im a young social conservative, and i gotta admit most of the people my age are straying away from this stance. maybe i could explain why from a 29 yr old conservatives point of view. the article mentioned gay marriage and its gaining acceptance to the masses. i dont personally believe in it. but i also realize that there are much more pressing issues i could spend my time on, and to be perfectly honest, gay marriage is going to become legal everywhere. its just a matter of time. way too much support from hollywood and the ignorant majority. its a non issue at this point im not gonna waste my time banging my head against a brick wall.

so id rather focus on something that i can still change. ie: supporting a candidate who can get business going again and bring us back to being top dog.

and as far as some of the posts about people not belonging to any religion. i used to be a catholic, as i got older i realized i didnt agree with alot of their practices so i left the church and am content to simply call myself a "christian". i might not make mass every sunday but i believe in the lord and try to live my life like the bible says. you dont need to be a card carrying member of a specific religion to live like a decent moral person.

and if you are an atheist who still lives morally, check out Pascal's Wager. you might like what you read.

so in short, i dont really agree that all younger american conservatives are going to rewrite the constitution and cause social upheaval all across the nation. the loudmouths in the media and at the conventions are always the unsilent minority IMHO. the rest of us are just too busy living and trying to be productive members of society to go to rallies and waste all our time protesting at college campuses. at least i really hope that is the case:dunno:

P.S. any younger members on here that think our country is going downhill and you cant figure out why, check out a book called"Slouching towards Gommorah" by Robert Bork. my mom passed this book over to me a long time ago and i never bother to read it until just recently. everything that is happening socially today was predicted in a book written almost 20 years ago. still blows my mind when i think about how accurate this man was.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom