• ...and so much more!
  • sinnful

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Knox
    Was completely shocked. Walmart in Plymouth, IN had a DPMS AR-15 for sale. Just picked it up. Curious if anyone else has ever seen one at Walmart.

beau45CLT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Cicero
    Yes

Yes, I've read that Walmart is bringing in I believe DPMS, a bushmaster, and M&P. Also a M&P 15-22. I think only one model from each brand.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I didn't notice any in the Plymouth Walmart Monday when I was there. It'll be interesting to see what it does to the shop west of town. I haven't been in there but after an email about a shotgun (that Walmart couldn't get even through the special order catalog), and seeing the prices he quoted me...it might hurt his sales a bit.

sinnful

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Knox
    They just got it in this morning. And the shop you speak of is only about 4 miles from my house. On some things he is hard to beat, but on others he is way to high.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I know that he has given an uncle of mine some pretty good deals in the past (I think he was doing gun shows for awhile 10 years ago or so and they've known each other a long time). When I've been past, he looks like he stays somewhat busy so obviously people are finding some value in there. :yesway:

Depending on who is working the gun counter next time I'm in Walmart, I'll talk to them a bit to see if it is something they're going to be stocking regularly.

But what this thread needs is a picture of your new toy. ;)

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    Wal Mart has some decent long guns that can be special ordered.
    My local store has had a Mini-14 in stock most the winter too.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've seen Mini 14s and yeah, they can order some really nice stuff. I missed out on a really good deal because it was an item that wasn't going to be stocked in that color. It was a Howa Ranchland .223 combo (scope wasn't great). It was about $200 less than the ones in other colors.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've seen some pretty nice guns in Walmart, unfortunately the stores were always out of state or in southern Indiana. When I lived in Ky a few years back the little Walmart in our town had a great gun selection. I saw Weatherby, Brownings and nice Winchesters along with Mini 14s and plenty of 22s. I was talking to a salesman there and he said the manager of sporting goods was a gun lover and ordered a lot of high end stuff. When the stuff didn't sell he would mark it down and buy it for himself. The dept managers used to be able to order whatever they wanted as long as it sold. I know this was true in cameras too. The Walmarts in Indy suck! They barely keep ammo in stock, but that has gotten better lately.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I saw that DPMS at the Plymouth walmart yesterday. Its was a Sportical, no forward assist, no dust cover and no Iron sight but the price seemed decent. In other words, a built for walmart rifle. :D

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    One of the clerks at my local Walmart told me that they got a new marketing director at Walmart HQ. Supposedly he's pro gun and a avid sportsman. That's why we're starting to see AR's and the like.

Top Bottom