• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    was in the franklin walmart this past weekend. i was waited on the clerk with the key and the other guy stated he was down in the gun room. they will be getting guns some for sale in franklin

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Like everything else, this trend hit the rest of the country about a year ago, and it's taken a while to get to Indiana.

That's because there's no restrictions on buying a long gun in IN. Their backwards thinking is that because other states have annoying gun restrictions that they can stock as much as they want. It'll take forever to sell out of the stuff on hand. Here, they can't keep it on the shelves, so they're not going to bother with getting us any.

Someone has business 101 backwards. I bet if they got smart and actually stocked up here, they'd start making a profit. :n00b:

sinnful

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Knox
    If you were in there buying it around 8 pm or so, I saw you. I stopped at the guns just to take a peek, when I saw the open spot marked "DPMS Sportical, .223/5.56". I thought "Holy crap, an AR!", then I saw the guy at the counter opening the box up for two guys. I also heard his comment "I could build a lot better for cheaper". :D
    Yes sir that was me. The only reason I bought the gun was to turn a profit. Didn't own it 4 hours and sold it for 900 to someone that didn't know any better. LOL so I can't complain.

sinnful

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Knox
    So your saying you wouldnt have done the same thing. I find it hard to believe that most of the people on this board wouldn't pass up the chance to make easy money.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    ^^^This^^^

IANAL but didn't sinnful just post in a public forum that he played straw-man?:dunno::noway:

Now back to your regulary scheduled conversation about ARs at Wal-Mart.......
    I don't see where he said he played "straw-man". Also, not knowing full details, this is not a "straw purchase" either. He simply bought the rifle, and sold it in the same day.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Avon walmart has no intentions of carrying guns. Reason I was told is management doesn't like them and the guy at the sports counter said he didn't know anything about guns and would be nervous to sell them because he couldn't answer customer questions.

I commended him for admitting that he didn't know much about them then lamented that they had no intention of stocking guns.

sinnful

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Knox
    I did not play strawman by any means. I was contacted by a friend of a friend that found out I had purchased it and the transfer was done through a FFL. He is the one that offered the amount. So not sure where anything wrong was done.

Jpfledderer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Westside
    I was told that the one in Brownsburg was going to carry longuns. That was 3 months ago.... Who knows, that was from the 18 year old oil technician.

oldschoolevo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    ANDERSON
    that sounds pretty cool. you are lucky. my walmart you are lucky if they have bbs. every once in awhile you might get lucky and find some 22 ammo. but dont hold your breath.i wish all walmart carried the same things.

Top Bottom