• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    Is it a big pile of crap? Went to lgs to buy a Ruger Sr22 and low and behold they were out, said it was a very popular gun. He offers me a p22 for the same money, but I didn't buy, heard and read they are junk. Should I wait the 3-4 weeks until lgs gets more Rugers in or get the Walther. Thoughts.:draw:

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Is it a big pile of crap? Went to lgs to buy a Ruger Sr22 and low and behold they were out, said it was a very popular gun. He offers me a p22 for the same money, but I didn't buy, heard and read they are junk. Should I wait the 3-4 weeks until lgs gets more Rugers in or get the Walther. Thoughts.:draw:

Dont know.about them being junk. Its a 22.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Can't speak for all the other P22 owners here, but I have two and they have been great. They do take some break in with good ammo, I recommend CCI Stingers or Mini-mags, but once that's done, both have no issues with bulk.

Nice accurate little plinkers and loads of fun. IMHO

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I had one for quite awhile...never really had any issues! The Walther shot just fine, cheap reliable plinker. Mostly shot it with CCI Minimags so never had any issues.

Seen several with a can, so they make a great host!
    Cant compare it to the Ruger, however all the reviews I have read make the Ruger a very positive plinker!

Ultimately...its your call...but I think that the P22 should be just fine if you dont want to wait!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I've handled one, although I don't own one. I wouldn't call them junk; they are made like most other semi-automatic pistol .22s out there at the moment - cast zinc slide, polymer frame, lots of MIM. Which seems to work just fine for a .22.

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I love my SR22

I've shot both and I would not trade my SR22 for anything. Shot over 2000 rounds through it without a hitch. It loves to eat WalMarts 550 Federal bulk pack hollow points. Well worth the money. :ar15:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Have had the Walther for a few years now and have never had any issues with it... Don't anticipate ever getting rid of it.

Saying that though, if you are wanting the Ruger, I would wait the few weeks and get what you really want.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    About 2/3 of the way through my first 550 bulk pack. I love my P22 but I have only had it a short time. The only issue I have had is the mag to barrel feed sometimes doesn't work. Not that often though and never had any issues other then that.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've had a couple and they worked well and were fun to shoot. The only reason I got rid of them is b/c I have a couple S&W 31s, Colt Ace, Woodsmans, Sig 1911 amd 2022 and Ruger MKIIs. Had to get rid of something.....

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I've seen the Ruger's be a slight more finicky at the range. Just an occasional issue here and there. But, I haven't seen any issues from Walthers.:twocents:

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Haven't shot the P22, but if you are considering other options you might see if you can check out a S&W MP22. Made by Walther but I liked the feel better and seems like a better choice to me. YMMV

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I have a p22 and it is defiantly not junk. It does have ammo preferences however. Mine hates Remington golden bullet bulk packs, however, it loves federal bulk packs.

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    Like the many posted here, have had one for many years and it's has not had any problems. It's fun to shoot. I added a night light to get rid of ratcoons getting into the trash. :n00b:

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Ive got 2 of them and love plinking with them. as stated before they do have a break in period of 2-500 rounds, but after that they are great. Ill look for it but someone on here had a thread about his a few weeks ago and had over 50,000 rounds through it.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Thanks for all of your replies, I am still undecided whether to wait or go with the p22.

There are a zillion reviews "out there" comparing the two. In almost every review the SR22 wins every... single... category.

Probably the biggest walkover in head-to-head matchups as you will find...

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

There was a thread recently where members were claiming upwards of 20k rounds through theirs.

Top Bottom