• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    About a month ago I shot an entire 550 bulk pack through my fiance's in a single afternoon. Only a handful of FTFs, which I attribute to the ammo more than the gun. I never have problems with better ammo.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I have owned two at different points in the past. They were both totally reliable, but all I ever shot was CCI.

They were an amazing deal back when they were $250 NIB... But now, at $400? Not so much.

They SR22 is a design rip-off for sure, but it seems like it's actually made to a bit higher level of quality.

Bap1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    NE Indy
    I had a P22 years back that was a great little plinker. At first I had pretty regular issues with it jamming, but once I just stuck with the ammo that it liked it was smooth sailing from there.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Weirdest thing. We went pinking yesterday and my p22 was acting up really bad. It's been fine through 2 boxes of fed bulk, but neither of us could go through a mag without a fail. I thought my fiance was limping it, but it was all the same with me shooting. I haven't had time to clean, but I'm going to inspect the **** out of it when I do. It's so bizarre...

Shroom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Middletown, IN
    My first two handguns were Walthers (P99 and P22 getting a PPQ soon) and I can't say nothing bad about the P22, it fits nice in my big hand and shoots anything I feed it. I have had one for about four years now and haven't had any problems after the first 100 rounds or so.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    I can only speak about the P22.
    Overall I really like mine. I have between 15-20K rounds though mine with no real issues other then the occasional hiccup from using cheap bulk pack. Back when I got mine you could go to Wal-Mart and get 550 bulk for $8 so I would normally shoot a box or two each time I went out. Eventually I added a Beretta Neos (they are an acquired taste) that I actually enjoy more and shoot much better then the P22.
    The P22 isn't perfect though. I don't like needing a special tool to put it back together after cleaning it. Yes its not difficult to do but it is just one very limited use tool that I have to keep track of. The system for mounting an optic is also rather strange and I found it to be too unstable to keep an optic reliably sighted in. This was the main reason I went to the Neos platform.
    Personally if you want the SR22, wait and buy it. I have found that personally when I make an impulsive buy just to get the satisfaction of buying 'something' I end up disappointed and still want to buy what I originally wanted anyway.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    We've put thousands of rounds through our P22 and it still works great. It's not the best built pistol ever made, but it does work and is fun to shoot. We picked up a Firestorm/Bersa 22 a little while back and it's a nicer gun than the P22, but that's just my opinion. The P22 does not get shot as much since the Firestorm came along, but when it does, it functions fine and turns boxes of 22 into a good time, just like it is supposed to.

Top Bottom