• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I've been waiting FOREVER for this opportunity. I too have been very up date on the recent rumors of a "large" applicant class. I will be one of them

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    It won't be so large...rumor is the numbers are dwindling...which is good as you get better applicants and not everyone who showed up. There will also be a split academy...so many weeks at ILEA and a few weeks at IMPD's academy.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department will be hiring a new class in the near future. I have no idea when the testing starts or what a projected academy start date is, but they just launched a new website to help in recruiting. Check it out if you are interested:

Join IMPD | Will you answer the call...

Thanks for posting! I just saw it on the IMPD News Facebook site also. Hope they start it soon, would work out perfect for me, ending school and would be ready to leave for the academy.

It won't be so large...rumor is the numbers are dwindling...which is good as you get better applicants and not everyone who showed up. There will also be a split academy...so many weeks at ILEA and a few weeks at IMPD's academy.

Really? never have heard of that before. Is it their first time doing it this way?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Really? never have heard of that before. Is it their first time doing it this way?

It's not set in stone yet. That is what the Chief wants but NO ONE ELSE thinks we should give up our own certified academy training and are trying to talk the Chief out of this.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Based on the pay structure, being a rookie cop in Indiana means not being married, not having kids, and sharing the rent with a roomie. It is a young persons game and probably a good place to start but I don't see how anyone could do it for long...you'd go broke. I would not want to be a cop, I'd be lousy at it. Glad to see some folks want to, I just hope with the compensation they offer, they don't end up with a bunch of psycho rejects from the local rent-a-cop companies.

Top Bottom