• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Good book I am a shade tree machinist. I have a south bend heavy 10 from the 70s id guess. that's why I wanted some one
    with the right tools and experience to do the job. Now I wish I had just waited and done it my self.
    I am bringing it back for them to inspect Saturday but there's nothing to fix its TFd.

you have an awesome lathe, one of the best books on "how to", why did you not do the job your self, practice on a piece of scrap and go for it, I can talk you threw screw cutting, threads mic wires,and micing threads over wires easy as 1,2,3 once you do it a few times

anyway, they need to replace the barrel and have the job done right!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    So here is the update. I dropped it off today, it was as soon as I could get it back to them
    he agreed the threads look like fidos butt. So my main concern is that it is already short they are only
    willing to cut it shorter and rethred. I asked about replacing the barrel he said no way. Kinda bogus Really messed up my
    plans for this gun. So I will update again when I get it back to report on the thread fit.

If they screw it up, they replace the barrel. It's mall claims court time. It's really easy to do it.

That barrel is replaceable. Although looking at that workmanship I don't know that I'd trust them to replace it. I am sure you can buy a pre-threaded barrel. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. That would make me sick, well it kind is to TBH.

G3hkray

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    valparaiso
    +1. Dealt with John a few times, would like to see if I should continue to.
    Sorry no updates they are still working on it. To be fair I told them I'm in no hurry
    I don't have a scope for it yet but I would have thought it would have been done by now. I am
    starting to think of calling the visa and have them dispute the charges and just buy a new barrel and have someone
    else install it.

G3hkray

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    valparaiso
    They re cut the threads. My barrel is now 18.5" long, not what I wanted at all but that's the best they can do is a band aid repair. So I got good threads as far as I can tell, I am basically eating a barrel and labor for a gun smith to install a new barrel some where else.
    John gave me back my 55$ I was happy about that but then flipped the blame game on me. some how it was my fault this turned out TF. He checks this thread so if you want to tell your side please do. Everyone here seems to think you owe me a barrel. I am done with this On ingo but will always trash talk warrior arms. Not because I want to but because I have to to save someone else the hassle.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Sounds like BS to me. The only way I can see this being your fault is if they expressed doubts about their ability to do it correctly. If they did that? Then you would have been crazy to leave the gun.

I can not see how they could have given you that first job back as a good job. I would not want that guns workmanship representing my shops work. That's an epic fail on Warrior Arms Part.

Last edited:

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    It looks like we now have 2 verified gunsmiths? that could sexually make a liquid dream , as far as i am concerned Gutridge is the other
    maybe they should change their lawful names to BUBBA

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Wow, thanks for the heads up, myself and a buddy had plans to buy ARs from them but thats done now. Not sure how it could be your fault when they did the work and they shipped it to you. If you can't take the time to inspect the work that goes out with your name on it, then you definitely don't have time to be taking peoples hard earned cash. Sorry that you had to be the one to learn the lesson for all of us.

G3hkray

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    valparaiso
    I just wish they did the threads right the first time. I never even shot that gun zero rounds through it and now instead of a scope I got to shell out for a new barrel. I don't know if I can even get a new one from Remington.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I just wish they did the threads right the first time. I never even shot that gun zero rounds through it and now instead of a scope I got to shell out for a new barrel. I don't know if I can even get a new one from Remington.

Or, you can just go out and shoot it like it is. I agree that they should have replaced it, but in the end, your gun will function fine the way it sits. Perhaps it's time to call it a lesson learned, and go shooting.

G3hkray

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    valparaiso
    True I can just get some glass and run wolf through and see how it goes and get a barrel later. That's probably what I will do hopefully have a new barrel before my ATF paper work comes back

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    So why Wolf? Why not try something better? If you re-load why not work up a load? Do you think the 1/2" extra they had to take off is going to kill accuracy that much?

Don't get me wrong I'd be pissed too, but your acting like that's it, it'll never shoot.

G3hkray

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    valparaiso
    20 was already short but they made it 18.5 My thought on this is that they have made the barrel out of factory specifications. I just want it restored to original. I want the factory 20 inch barrel that I bought. I am just pissed it bothers me that they shortened it that's all. So some day I will get a new barrel. I will probably need a new stock. I dont know if a different barrel will sit right I already bedded the stock. It's just adding up how much their error is going to cost me.

Top Bottom