We need more of this! Shoplifter gets what he deserves.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    From the Yahoo article:
    Police in Stockton are busy with weighty matters, as they are in Sacramento, Modesto and elsewhere. Petty theft often doesn’t get the cops’ attention, and if a thief is arrested, the punishment handed out in court typically is light.
    Never mind that the Stockton government cut the police budget in 2020 by $14m and lost 25% of their officers.
    The courts handing down the 'light' sentences are ultimately run by elected officials.

But we'll throw the shop owners in jail. That will fix the problem.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Only solution is to close their stores in that area and go to another location that is not overrun with assholes, it's not going to get any better.
    The police won't do anything to stop the criminals, but will go after you in an instant if you do.
    ANOTHER NOTE TO THE POLICE: Stop doing that ****, everyday Americans HATE IT.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Only solution is to close their stores in that area and go to another location that is not overrun with assholes, it's not going to get any better.
    The police won't do anything to stop the criminals, but will go after you in an instant if you do.

A problem is, the population does not rise up against the prosecutors and DAs that do this.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

"Under investigation" is meaningless. Any justified violence starts out as "under investigation" from the onset. I've been 'under investigation' at least four times, two of them because somebody died. All of them were justified except the one that never actually occurred (mentally ill woman hallucinated a crime that could not have occurred, but it still had to be investigated".

But that's not as emotionally charged so not as clickable.

It's the flip side of 'shoplifter beaten' as opposed to 'clerks use violence to stop robbery'. Both are intentionally framed in the way to get the most outrage/emotional response/clicks.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "Under investigation" is meaningless. Any justified violence starts out as "under investigation" from the onset. I've been 'under investigation' at least four times, two of them because somebody died. All of them were justified except the one that never actually occurred (mentally ill woman hallucinated a crime that could not have occurred, but it still had to be investigated".

But that's not as emotionally charged so not as clickable.

It's the flip side of 'shoplifter beaten' as opposed to 'clerks use violence to stop robbery'. Both are intentionally framed in the way to get the most outrage/emotional response/clicks.

More info outside of the tweet, It might have helped with the context if I had originally included it.
    Stockton police they will forward the findings to the San Joaquin County district attorney for review after they finish investigating the incident. The man police believe to be the suspect admitted to them he did not know if he was assaulted.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julio...th-a-stick-is-now-being-investigated-n2626696

What's MISSING here is... Again, no where in the article was it mentioned that the police were going after the criminal that had robbed, was attempting to rob and threatened to shoot the clerks over multiple occasions. No referral to the district attorney or investigation of that piece of ****. Furthermore, I would hazard to guess that said piece of **** IS known to them and has an extensive history of this behavior and lawlessness and has been let go to continue his behavior.

5c05e96f-0304-4cb8-bb4b-0c14d9a84274_text.gif

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    More info outside of the tweet, It might have helped with the context if I had originally included it.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julio...th-a-stick-is-now-being-investigated-n2626696

What's MISSING here is... Again, no where in the article was it mentioned that the police were going after the criminal that had robbed, was attempting to rob and threatened to shoot the clerks over multiple occasions. No referral to the district attorney or investigation of that piece of ****. Furthermore, I would hazard to guess that said piece of **** IS known to them and has an extensive history of this behavior and lawlessness and has been let go to continue his behavior.

5c05e96f-0304-4cb8-bb4b-0c14d9a84274_text.gif

Do you trust the media to give you the full story?

Referral to prosecutor is also standard.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Where is the investigation and referral for the thief? The one that robbed them several times already and threatened to shoot them… the one that caused all of this… The priorities are COMPLETELY ****ed up.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Where is the investigation and referral for the thief? The one that robbed them several times already and threatened to shoot them… the one that caused all of this… The priorities are COMPLETELY ****ed up.

Do you believe because the media doesn't say it, it didn't happen?

From the article you linked: " The man police believe to be the suspect admitted to them he did not know if he was assaulted."

Let me add some emphasis.

The man police believe to be the suspect admitted to them he did not know if he was assaulted.

Does that sound like the police failed to investigate or follow up on the robbery part? The police who called him a suspect?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That just sounds like their investigative priority is the "assault". :twocents:

Frankly, it seems you just want to be outraged at this point. Even if you believe the media is complete and accurate, what says the assault is priority?

If the guy admits to being the one 'assaulted' he puts himself at the scene and it's as good as a confession. I've done the exact same thing in interviews. The taxi driver didn't have to break your nose just because you pulled a knife on him...

But whatever, I'm done trying to give you context or reasoning. The cops are the bad guys because media tells you so, you win.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ....Referral to prosecutor is also standard.
    Yep. I don't know about Stockton, CA, but many places the police can file charges, then hand the matter over prosecutors, or, they can not file charges and hand the matter over to prosecutors to make a decision. Either way, the prosecutors have the ultimate decision as to whether charges are pursued (absent a grand jury).

If I was a police officer in this case, I would let the lawyers deal with it.

Top Bottom