We need more of this! Shoplifter gets what he deserves.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yep. I don't know about Stockton, CA, but many places the police can file charges, then hand the matter over prosecutors, or, they can not file charges and hand the matter over to prosecutors to make a decision. Either way, the prosecutors have the ultimate decision as to whether charges are pursued (absent a grand jury).

If I was a police officer in this case, I would let the lawyers deal with it.

Seems like police being able to file on their own is mostly an east coast thing, as far as I've been exposed to. Not an expert on every jurisdiction, of course, but it surprised me when I found out that was a thing.
    From my retired Stockton PD friend just now:

View attachment 291777

Huh. Go figure.

Almost like the media purposefully implied a much more outrageous message for people to bite on. Weird.

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    No charges for Sikh shop owners for viral beatdown on brazen shoplifter

There may yet be hope for California as Stockton mayor Kevin J. Lincoln declines to have the Sikh shop owners who administered instant justice on a shoplifter who brought in a trashcan to fill up with stolen merch. In a world of Soros DAs like New York City's Alvin Bragg who loves to prosecute people who defend themselves and others, this is a refreshing story

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    No charges for Sikh shop owners for viral beatdown on brazen shoplifter

There may yet be hope for California as Stockton mayor Kevin J. Lincoln declines to have the Sikh shop owners who administered instant justice on a shoplifter who brought in a trashcan to fill up with stolen merch. In a world of Soros DAs like New York City's Alvin Bragg who loves to prosecute people who defend themselves and others, this is a refreshing story

They (prosecutors) were confused because both parties were dark skinned minorities in California. Yes, I said it.

Do not mess with Sikhs.

If the Sikhs and rooftop Koreans formed an alliance, they would be very effective in decreasing crime. :cheers:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Prosecutor's office floated the investigation as a trial balloon and then watched the social media reaction to see whether to charge or not. Simple politics.

I knew somebody would say it to keep the outrage blue balls down. Got to come up with some narrative to be upset about.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Gee whiz, I wonder, out loud here, just WHY we might believe something like that would happen? It’s not like it happens all the time like clockwork or anything.
    Nope must just be me.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Like?

cf1c4531e2af09ea7965b21c3ce585c6.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Do not mess with Sikhs.

If the Sikhs and rooftop Koreans formed an alliance, they would be very effective in decreasing crime. :cheers:
    I've known a few Sikh families and several Sikhs professionally and in law school. Heck, I even have a family member who married a Sikh woman and converted to Sikhism. A 6'3" 250 lb Michigan farmer with the requisite turban and beard- great guy. I say this to explain that I have had a fair amount of exposure to Sikhs and Sikhism, all positive. However, the old saying: "Be polite, be efficient, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet." applies more to them than pretty much everyone else I have met.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Top Bottom