• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    If you don't WORK on your marriage, your marriage won't WORK.

It can be difficult at times, but that's what WORK is. It's hard, frustrating, exhausting... but it always has its rewards. Part of the work needed in a marriage is dropping the selfish attitude and consciously working at meeting your spouse's needs. If that means that you have to put down the remote, magazine, or computer for 30 minutes, then do it.

Trust me. I neglected my wife for years. Didn't listen to her, let her to the "woman's work" around the house without helping, and was generally selfish. I got my wake up call, and we sorted things out before it was too late.

If she is saying "we don't talk anymore", that is a major RED FLAG that something isn't right. You need to drop everything, figure out what her needs are, and do something about it. If you just keep doing what you have been doing it won't be long before that "we don't talk anymore" turns into "I met someone else" and "I want a divorce".

Remember, a woman's heart is like a sponge. It soaks up everything you give it. Neglect it long enough, and it dries up and gets hard. But just like a sponge, it just takes a couple drops of water to bring it back to life. If she isn't soaking up what you have to give (because you aren't giving it), she will find it somewhere else.

WAKE UP before it's too late, man! :twocents:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

It can be difficult at times, but that's what WORK is. It's hard, frustrating, exhausting... but it always has its rewards. Part of the work needed in a marriage is dropping the selfish attitude and consciously working at meeting your spouse's needs. If that means that you have to put down the remote, magazine, or computer for 30 minutes, then do it.

Trust me. I neglected my wife for years. Didn't listen to her, let her to the "woman's work" around the house without helping, and was generally selfish. I got my wake up call, and we sorted things out before it was too late.

If she is saying "we don't talk anymore", that is a major RED FLAG that something isn't right. You need to drop everything, figure out what her needs are, and do something about it. If you just keep doing what you have been doing it won't be long before that "we don't talk anymore" turns into "I met someone else" and "I want a divorce".

Remember, a woman's heart is like a sponge. It soaks up everything you give it. Neglect it long enough, and it dries up and gets hard. But just like a sponge, it just takes a couple drops of water to bring it back to life. If she isn't soaking up what you have to give (because you aren't giving it), she will find it somewhere else.

:+1:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Let me translate "We never talk anymore" for you.

She really means "You are not listening." She is not looking for YOU to "talk".

Trust me on this...The next time you get that try to start rattling off about your favorite gun and what kind of grips you are going to get for it, or maybe tell her the off color joke you heard at work that day. Start talking about doomsday scenarios and what your plan of attack is against the hordes that will surely follow. Only then will you realize she really doesn't want to talk WITH you. She wants to talk AT you.

She wants you to listen with rapt attention to a very interesting story concerning a woman she works with that is a real pain in the rear. You need to face her and look at her when she is telling this story. At appropriate times say things like, "No kidding...Are you serious?...Wow...Man...She sounds like a real so and so...I can't understand how you can even talk to her after she did that..."

She will love you for it. It's not easy but give it a try.:D

Much truth in this post!

I would add: don't even attempt to solve her problem(s) unless she specifically and clearly articulates a desire for your help.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond

You are a very wise man, I hope all the men and women here take this to heart. You've made several valid and important points.

Hey boys & girls talk to her/him now or talk to their lawyer later. The choice is yours.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Well, i dont get that... you all are suckers for getting married.. i have a realitively stress free life.. do what i want when i want and well answer to God and myself.. :/ dont know what to tell you dude. But, if i ever got married.. that is something my wife would never say.. probably it would be i wish we had more time to spend together.. ideally i would have a job that worked long hours or our schedules were opposite, or we both had jobs that required extensive traveling... just not with each other.. :-D because the crap my married guy friends and female friends tell me.. only solidify the lack of desire to get married or havr kids at this time..

Top Bottom