• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    You're welcome,,:):
    NOT,Yeah I own my house took me 15 years of double payments to do it!How bout yourself??And yeah I don`t wanna drive an hour each way!Do you?I was tryin to be civil but obviously you big brains don`t care for that.I worked almost 20 years,so yeah my options are kinda limited!And yeah the programs are abused,my point was not everybody that gets disability is a rat!Whats your suggestion make people eat dog food?Simple things for simple minds.And for all ya knot heads, to my knowledge you do have to see a state Dr. to get approved.No I don`t get food stamps,help with the rent or whatever the bennifit of the day is,I pay my own medical policy,but I do know of some that cant.Do any of your parents live on their social security?Which by the way is what I draw from,whick I paid into for 19 yrs.Burns my a$$.And further more why the H*LL would I wanna sell my house?So I could pay rent?That`s good thinkin!Your takin this a little personal arn`t ya?Take a break.

How about me? I fund people like you.

No, not everyone who get disability is a rat. Just people that can afford to take care of themselves but choose to let others do it instead. Sounds like you Sparky.

Appropriate rep coming for screwing with my man Jeremy.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Unemployed for over 3 months,
    I am unemployed do to the fact that I just got back from another tour to the 'stan... Not because I got laid off or fired from work. Just cause I have not gotten off my lazy butt and looked for work. I am just not ready to work for some DB yet...

And as far as your service,So what,you think your better than someone else?
    Never said it makes me better than anyone else. Just saying I will go as far as needed to provide for me and mine.
    And if ya can`t read a single spaced sentance,maybe your the 1 who needs the training?
    The problem is grammar, punctuation and sentence structure of yours not mine...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Is it possible to work part time while on disability and still receive benefits?

It think if many on disability actually saw truly disabled people refuse to let their disability limit their lives, they might gain a little self respect. We've seen disabled vets lose their limbs and fight to stay in when they could go home and collect a check for the rest of their lives. There are disabled civilians who go to work every day. Sure, it may limit their choices in what they can do, but they provide for themselves.

Tat2dman46013

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2010
    Anderson
    Ask the experts!And if this rep system is for standing up for your buddies when someone else doesn`t agree with them then I`m guessing you know what to do with it.I`m done!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I like to buy food stamp credit cards for pennies on the dollar so junkies can get their next fix, and I get to feed my family for a reduced rate and recoup my tax dollars.

Win-win-win.

I'm surprised the rest of you haven't figured this out.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think it's all electronic cards now, ATO. But I'm pretty sure you were just joshin' us. 'Cuz that would be fraud and that's bad!

The people that have no plan to get off welfare are as dependent on it as any illicit drug.

Let's face it, anyone of us could get sick or have a perfectly healthy ticker give us trouble. It does happen to even the healthy.
    If having to use welfare money to get through it - have a plan to get off it. Don't wait for a $25 an hour gig to come your way, because you'll be waiting the rest of your life.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I do not know if this has been mentioned previously, but I have some very stong opinions on state and federal welfare recipients not being able to vote. There would be exceptions like social security and medicare recipients who paid for them all of their working lives and soldiers trying to acclimate back into normal society. The people who are getting government handouts and other freebees should not be able to vote for the people who promise to take more for them out of my pockets. The liberals and progressives just keep trying to create a larger and larger underclass that will be entirely dependent upon them for their livelihood. The conservatives need to grow a spine and start implementing programs that will save this country. I would really hate to become like France and other countries in Europe where the welfare recipients loot and burn and riot because their handouts are not large enough. Our elected leaders just seem to be too stupid to see those countries as great examples of what is going to happen here. Our southwest has already turned into rural crappy Mexico with slums, wrecked and abandoned vehicles and piles and piles of trash and garbage. I wonder how much of our tax dollars have been going to those sites as welfare.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I think it's all electronic cards now, ATO. But I'm pretty sure you were just joshin' us. 'Cuz that would be fraud and that's bad!

The people that have no plan to get off welfare are as dependent on it as any illicit drug.

Let's face it, anyone of us could get sick or have a perfectly healthy ticker give us trouble. It does happen to even the healthy.
    If having to use welfare money to get through it - have a plan to get off it. Don't wait for a $25 an hour gig to come your way, because you'll be waiting the rest of your life.

Oh hell yes. You throw someone a $20 for their EBT and you're good to go!! :bacondance:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    1) Repeal ALL welfare programs within 1 year.
    2) Each district can construct military style barracks where "down on their luck" people can go live for free and have 3 meals a day. There will be no junk food, but there will be healthcare available. However, you will have to exercise and be responsible for staying fit. If you're overweight, you will subscribe to the weightloss program of Marine Corps boot camp in the early 80's (it works, I saw it!)
    3) Treat the housing like military barracks, you live here, you keep it clean and tidy. Everybody pitches in, period.
    4) While staying there, your right to vote is temporarily suspended. Felons lose their right to vote by being a threat to society, draining the Treasury is an equal threat. You will also be on birth control, give up smoking, alcohol, cell phones, any luxury items, and of course, drugs. There will be no cable tv, but the library will be available.

If you don't like the provisions us taxpayers provide through these means, pull your own weight or live with family and friends. You will have the choice to change this environment by being self-sufficient.

I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. - Benjamin Franklin, On the Price of Corn and Management of the Poor, November 1766

Rant off!

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    Guys back in the early 70's , my sorry aunt left her 5 kids, with my grandmother , for her to rise . There was nothing wrong with my aunt other than she was poor white trash . My grandmother applied for aid (food stamps) and received it , in the form of commodities. She got powdered eggs , powdered milk , sugar ,flour, peanut butter, lard , oil ,canned ham, and the list goes on . I think I would call it sustainance food . which I really think that is the system we should go back to.
    I would really hate to be on the Public Dole .
    I have never received guberment assistance in the 31 years I've been working . I don't have any problems helping out people in need , but I feel that I personnally have been taken advantage of for last 31 years by alot of welfare receiptants .
    What do you think would happen here in the good ol U.S.A., if they cut welfare, unemployment ,SSI, and disability payments , by say 10-15% as a budget cut.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    Oh by the way , I donate monthly to a local privately owned and operated food pantry , that the owner operates with little or no overhead .
    It is privately funded by himself and with a few donations.

Dalton's Food Pantry
    :yesway:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It should be easier to detect fraud in the system. It is actually doable.

But for the votes, baby, it's for the votes!

There will be those that can exploit the weakness of any system, but in welfare it is almost encouraged officially.

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    I am all for drug screening for welfare. Same thing for conviction of a felony. I see welfare being teired and that folks should be working, even in a limited manner. If you can't stand, ok, a job that allows you to sit. Cant drive, then a job from home,e tc. Doing anything that would be productive would assist withsomething coming from welfare recipients.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Ah, good thoughts, but you see, it is not their goal to strengthen churches and families and communities. Such people don't need anything from the government and don't see any reason for its bureaucracies.

People like that only need the government for a very few things... keep a few records, lock up criminals, and... um... uhhh...

Round that out with put out fires and pave roads. Then you're done with the "good government" blueprint.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    A 12 drug instant (no lab fees) urine cup is 12.45 or 311 some odd for 25 (Here). It gives instant results for:

Cocaine (COC)
    Marijuana (THC)
    Morphine (MOP)
    Amphetamines (AMP)
    Methamphetamines (mAMP)
    Methadone (MTD)
    Benzodiazepines (BZO)
    Barbiturates (BAR)
    Oxycodone (OXY)
    Buprenorphine (BUP)
    Propoxyphene (PPX)
    Ecstasy (MDMA)

You can't tell me that that price would not drop ridiculously with the amount Indiana would have to buy. Why aren't we, a red state, doing this again?

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    The only one who has to worry about income reductions is the working man.

I would be careful to specify who you mean by "the working man" in that statement. Do you count the small business owner? The small factory owner? If you don't think that they run VERY real risks of "income reduction" think again... If by "working man" you mean all who work and provide for themselves and don't rely on the gubbament - then I would totally agree.

I have no problem with people who honestly are disabled. I know several.

I also know several who should NOT be on welfare, and theirs is a scary state of affairs.

There is a GREAT degree of difference between the two.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    The only one who has to worry about income reductions is the working man.

In what world? Do you really think anyone is immune to the financial meltdown or are you just hatin?

I live in one of the the premiere neighborhoods in Fort Wayne (smallest house - not bragging). There are eight empty houses within sight of mine. They've all been empty for over a year.

I know of people that have 20K+ square foot homes that are downsizing to 3 bedroom ranches because they lost their paper money and can't borrow from the bank. These are the guys who used to buy RVs that employed the RV industry. These are guys that used to throw great parties that employed the catering business. These are guys who travelled extensively that used to stay in hotels that employed housekeepers, and ate out employing waitresses, cooks and bus boys. You have no "working man" jobs without the rich.

Top Bottom