What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Watching "Logan's Run" right now. I had always heard of it and understood it's place in cinema/sci-fi lore.

I like the premise and theme, but man it doesn't hold up well. The special effects and overall production are damn cheesy.

I'm actually kind of shocked this hasn't been remade yet. It's ripe for a CGI update.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We've gotten hooked on Trailer Park Boys, Warehouse 13 and I've started watching the original Star Trek Series. I had forgotten how many little Kirks there should be running around the galaxy!:rockwoot:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Watching "Logan's Run" right now. I had always heard of it and understood it's place in cinema/sci-fi lore.

I like the premise and theme, but man it doesn't hold up well. The special effects and overall production are damn cheesy.

I'm actually kind of shocked this hasn't been remade yet. It's ripe for a CGI update.

I liked it when I was a stupid teenager, but you're right about it needing a remake. They remake everything now, and the whole concept of it is exactly the kind of stuff hollywood loves...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I liked it when I was a stupid teenager, but you're right about it needing a remake. They remake everything now, and the whole concept of it is exactly the kind of stuff hollywood loves...

It looks like they've been trying to get a remake of Logan's Run done for a while now. Within the last year they apparently got a director and writer on board.

And of course, in true Hollywood SJW fashion, they're looking to make the new Logan a female.

https://movieweb.com/logans-run-remake-director-simon-kinberg/

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I got sucked in by the commercials for "The Passage" on Fox. It is surprisingly a pretty decent show. Good actors and an interesting story line.

Normally, I'm not much for unrealistic sort of shows, but this one has me intrigued.

sheltowee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Seymour
    I binge watched Umbrella Academy on Netflix. I really liked it. I thought the kid that played number 5 did a great job. I look forward to season 2.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Netflix Original “You” is pretty good. A cheesy romantic Dexter if you will. Wife got me started, and I kept going. I may have to start a TRT course soon.

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    I'm currently on Season 2 of the Expanse (Honestly I only started watching it because it has Thomas Jane who I was a huge fan of as The Punisher but it's actually a really good show). After I'm finished with that I'm debating starting The Man in the High Castle which sounds interesting. Anyone have any input on that?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I'm currently on Season 2 of the Expanse (Honestly I only started watching it because it has Thomas Jane who I was a huge fan of as The Punisher but it's actually a really good show). After I'm finished with that I'm debating starting The Man in the High Castle which sounds interesting. Anyone have any input on that?

The Expanse as well. Perfect metaphor to where we're headed as a society and civilization, where few have jobs and practically no upward mobility for the majority, just government stipends and free housing and drugs.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I just started this..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Adams_(miniseries)
    MI0001166473.jpg

[video=youtube;F2nzwbkj9TU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2nzwbkj9TU[/video]

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    I went back a few days in the thread and didnt see anyone mention that "The Punisher" cancellation was officially announced by Netflix. :-(
    They have now killed off all Marvel original series' they had. Likely since Disney has their own streaming service they want subscribers for and rehoming the shows there would bring in those that were die hard fans.
    Netflix original shows and movies are hit or miss (in my opinion).

DC Comics has a streaming service with "Titans", which I thought was really good, and a recently added show "Doom Patrol". In an effort to offer fans some new content outside of their animated movies (which I think are awesome).

I am in the middle of "Umbrella Academy" and am on the fence if I like where it's going.

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    I went back a few days in the thread and didnt see anyone mention that "The Punisher" cancellation was officially announced by Netflix. :-(
    They have now killed off all Marvel original series' they had. Likely since Disney has their own streaming service they want subscribers for and rehoming the shows there would bring in those that were die hard fans.
    Netflix original shows and movies are hit or miss (in my opinion).

DC Comics has a streaming service with "Titans", which I thought was really good, and a recently added show "Doom Patrol". In an effort to offer fans some new content outside of their animated movies (which I think are awesome).

I am in the middle of "Umbrella Academy" and am on the fence if I like where it's going.

It's getting ridiculous. Pretty soon everyone is going to have their own streaming service and refuse to share the content with any other services so you'll have to subscribe to half a dozen or more different websites just to watch whatever shows you may be interested in. I got rid of my cable package because it seemed like streaming was the more inexpensive option but that's quickly changing now that I have Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime and I'll probably want Disneys when they come out so I can watch all the Marvel shows. I hate them all!

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    If you take the time to do a little research you will find anything ever made tv and movies can be streamed right to your tv for free via an app!
    So I hear

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom