• What Caliber Do You USUALLY Carry?

• Total voters

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Man, oh man. The time of year and dress really changes this one. The most carried throughout the entire year is probably the .380 due to ease of concealment. Open carry, for me, is when the wind blows my shirt up or I bend over.

Closely followed by .38 and 9mm.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Man, oh man. The time of year and dress really changes this one. The most carried throughout the entire year is probably the .380 due to ease of concealment. Open carry, for me, is when the wind blows my shirt up or I bend over.

Closely followed by .38 and 9mm.

I don't even want to imagine what that holster looks like or do you go commando :D

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Another vote for the .40 S&W, but that's not to say I haven't carried a few others on the list. I hope in the next few years to purchase a carry weapon in the remaining calibers I don't have.

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    9MM in a Ruger P94
    My BUG is a Keltec P11. Both have 147 gr hydrashocks.

I bid on a SP101 in .357 at Gun Broker. If I win it will be my BUG.

s346k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    i treat either of my .45s like an american express - never leave home without it. i enjoy carrying the 1911sc much more because it is considerably lighter than the 4506 and much easier to conceal. i could carry the 629 haha. but that would probably make me walk in circles from having the weight concentrated on one side.

my father carried the m59 smith for decades. literally. he recently switched to a .45 for various reasons. he is an engineer, so naturally he is constantly looking at energy and ft/lb impact when comparing guns and different ammo. we have a friend whip us up some nasty loads for our carry pistols. should we go to a range it's humorous to see a guy holding an assault rifle walk up and ask what i'm shooting out of my little weenie .45 pistol haha.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    "never enter a gun fight with a gun that doesn't start with a 4" :)

Personally, If I was forced to enter a gunfight I'd want something that started with a 1.... and nothing else....

12 gauge > > > .45 every day of every week.
    shot placement trumps caliber every time as well.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I carry 9mm most of the time for the larger capacity. If I put the bullet where it needs to be the 9mm will be more than adequate. Henk Iverson said that in a gun fight you only get one round, and I believe him. But I might need to shoot a number of threats and I don't want to reload.

Top Bottom