• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    If someone lists "price firm", I won't haggle out of respect. Otherwise I look at it as any other business transaction, meaning that the price is the start of the negotiation. I go low, he responds with counter (or no) and we meet somwhere in the middle. I'm always keen to not offend someone with s tupid offer. Stupid meaning that I would be upset if someone offered me that price.

msalaz21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2017
    Valparaiso
    Some people overestimate the value of that they have and some people just want to get real good deals things. don't think that "low balling" is a real thing its more of "this is what it is worth to me"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some people overestimate the value of that they have and some people just want to get real good deals things. don't think that "low balling" is a real thing its more of "this is what it is worth to me"

There are a few carpet baggers in among us. They lurk and watch.
    I have dealt with a few directly that run for profit in our classifieds and on other sites.
    With the market running soft these guys will fade away soon enough.

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    That's just what someone WOULD say that's about to make an insulting low-ball offer at 50 posts. ;)

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    :yesway:

I think that's the longest post he's typed, well other than the one where he complained about the 50 post rule and how it "frustrated" him.

It reminds me of my 1 year old son. After we tell him not to touch something, he will lock eyes with you and slowly continue to reach for it as if you can't see him doing it while making eye-contact.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I have a firearm listed in the classifieds and wouldn't mind if INGO used it as a teaching tool. I will not link to it for obvious reasons, but I encourage CM to do so if he thinks it would be of value.

bradbler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Freetown
    I guess it would depend on how much it is. if its something that is 40 and you offer 20 I don't see a big deal. but if its 1000 and you offer 500 then that's what I would consider something I wouldn't even bother replying to

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I guess it would depend on how much it is. if its something that is 40 and you offer 20 I don't see a big deal. but if its 1000 and you offer 500 then that's what I would consider something I wouldn't even bother replying to

I can see the logic of this. However, a simple "No, thanks." would not take a lot of time out of your day. You could even reply with a, "Can't go that low but I could do $999.50", just to start negotiations, and reply in kind. :):

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I can see the logic of this. However, a simple "No, thanks." would not take a lot of time out of your day. You could even reply with a, "Can't go that low but I could do $999.50", just to start negotiations, and reply in kind. :):

I have responded with exactly that quote, "I can't go quite that low, BUT I am willing to accept XXX". That way you don't completely "kill" a potential deal.
    Some people are completely good with a price, but just have to "try" to get it cheaper, no harm in that. Like others have stated, if you don't want to sell something for less than a certain amount, then don't. A simple No Thank You is not too hard to do.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    as a rule of thumb, I think that offering less than 75% asking price is lowball.

If the asking price is way too high, just wait for it to drop, or keep searching.
    The market has an amazing way of connecting buyers and sellers at agreeable prices :) That's the real definition of value anyways.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    To avoid low ball offers, I've not sold anything on INGO.
    I don't sell many guns, but if I do, they usually go on Gunbroker for a penny start, and no reserve. The market doesn't lie.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To avoid low ball offers, I've not sold anything on INGO.
    I don't sell many guns, but if I do, they usually go on Gunbroker for a penny start, and no reserve. The market doesn't lie.

i agree, the market doesn't lie. I have sold on INGO and on taurusarmed.net. I have always gotten a good price for my items, and the buyer was pleased, too. Good folks here.

Top Bottom