• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry Slim.:)

Guilty. I did that with my Sig. I didn't really think of myself as an amateur. I looked at that I was providing some costing for a buyer so they could see what it would cost them to assemble the same set-up.

I guess being in automotive OE sales influences my personal sales. In my line of sales I have to disclose by line item every cost. Materials, labor, profit, SG&A, tooling, etc.:):

Keep doing this.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    A few years ago a guy had a used FNX 45T he was selling for retail. I offered him $150 less, and he proceeded to text me obscene messages for 2 days. He finally stopped when I responded with a Google Earth pic of his house.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Guns that have been used outside of the purchasers' control are worth about half of new price unless there is scarcity problem or some collector value involved. That's because of possible ramifications of well intentioned modifications, negation of manufacturer's warranty, possible damage through the use of improperly manufactured ammunition, possible use in crimes, possibly being entered into a stolen serial numbers data base, possibly being a factory manufactured problem being passed on to the next owner... I'm sure someone else can come up with other horror stories. So any way, if someone wants to pay new gun or almost new gun prices for a not new gun then I'm all for it, have fun and be happy the deal you got. Me, nuh unh, I've done learned the hard way.

So yeah, I understand some people will get their skirt lifted over such an idea but you know what, it's my money.
    If I'm gonna buy a used car, used appliance or used gun it's gonna be at used prices or else I'm going to be able to walk right back in that store and say hey, fix or replace this.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    There is a gun for sale that I REALLY want, but can't afford. It's listed at $1350...I'd be cool offering like $800 cuz that's all I got, right?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Guns that have been used outside of the purchasers' control are worth about half of new price unless there is scarcity problem or some collector value involved. That's because of possible ramifications of well intentioned modifications, negation of manufacturer's warranty, possible damage through the use of improperly manufactured ammunition, possible use in crimes, possibly being entered into a stolen serial numbers data base, possibly being a factory manufactured problem being passed on to the next owner... I'm sure someone else can come up with other horror stories. So any way, if someone wants to pay new gun or almost new gun prices for a not new gun then I'm all for it, have fun and be happy the deal you got. Me, nuh unh, I've done learned the hard way.

Wow! You believe used guns are only worth 50% of retail?

Do you have any that you want to sell? If so PM me........(Gluemanz28 whispers) because of all the flipper in the thread. :shady:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Wow! You believe used guns are only worth 50% of retail?

Do you have any that you want to sell? If so PM me........(Gluemanz28 whispers) because of all the flipper in the thread. :shady:

No I don't have any I want to sell. But I do have some that were obtained at very decent prices.

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    The way I come to a decision on a price is, ask them what they have to have for it and leave it at that. Then you decide if you want it or not. If they want it sold, the price will be right. Just cut out all the BS back and forth chatter. After all, these are luxury items that you really don't "need" for the most part.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There is a gun for sale that I REALLY want, but can't afford. It's listed at $1350...I'd be cool offering like $800 cuz that's all I got, right?

You never know. That might just be $800 more than the best offer they have had yet. Or, just what they need to pay the rent tomorrow.

Might as well be an INGO friend get the best deal rather than an obscure gun shop, pawn shop or the landlord?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    A few years ago a guy had a used FNX 45T he was selling for retail. I offered him $150 less, and he proceeded to text me obscene messages for 2 days. He finally stopped when I responded with a Google Earth pic of his house.

On a similar note, I bought a gun in Florida on gunbroker and after I sent the money order I had a hard time getting any response. Called the local Fl constabulary and asked 'em to run out to the trailer park and check and see if the feller had died. Sent 'em a picture of the trailer from Google earth. It was in the mail the next day.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom