• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    ez for you to say ur a cop.:dunno:
    Whether you tell or not is your choice. I'll leave my personal opinion out of it. It has no bearing here.

But you wouldn't agree that if you were a cop and you walked up to the side of a car and the driver was shoving something under the seat or rummaging around and you couldn't see what he/she was doing it wouldn't be cause for concern on your part?

That's all I was agreeing about.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Let's make something very clear here. Just because you do not inform LE about your firearm, doesn't automatically make you dishonest. If you lie, that is dishonest. If you excercise your right to remain silent, you are doing nothing dishonest. What happens after that is entirely up to the LEO. All you can do is respectfully excercise your constitutional rights.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Whether you tell or not is your choice. I'll leave my personal opinion out of it. It has no bearing here.

But you wouldn't agree that if you were a cop and you walked up to the side of a car and the driver was shoving something under the seat or rummaging around and you couldn't see what he/she was doing it wouldn't be cause for concern on your part?

Absolutely.....not a good impression to make if you don't want a red flag:)

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    Quick question: I've had my LTCH for a while, and my wife just got hers. She asked me, and I didn't know: What do you tell the police officer here in Indiana if you get pulled over? What does the law require? Do you say nothing, or do you hand him the pink paper with your driver's license and mention it?
    I just answer any questions the cop has for me and wait for them to do there thing then get cut loose.

Lilsoup

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I got pulled over a couple of months ago by ISP, the officer walks to the passengers window and says, sir the reason I pulled you over, is to check the percentage of the tint on your windows. (first thought is are u f^$@in kidding me, the tint is 7 years old and faded, but whatever), checked the tint, which was just barley legal by the way, and proceeds to ask if i thought the Colts were going to have a good season, do to my plates I guess, had my Taurus on my hip the hole time, never asked for the first piece of I.D. So I would say it all depends on the circumstances of the contact with the LEO.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Officer pulled me over for speeding and said, "I've been waiting for you all day!" I replied with, "Officer, I got here as quickly as I could." I left with a verbal warning a smile.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I seriously doubt that anyone is gonna have their mind changed by this thread. I do think a couple of things have been either overlooked, or intentionally left out of the thread.

1. In order to draw the attention of an LEO, a driver has done SOMETHING to warrant that attention (in the vast majority of cases ).

solution : mind yer P's and Q's and you'll likely NEVER be in a position to tell, or not to tell the LEO about your firearm....that's YOUR call....

2. We all have the protection of certain rights.....(so far)

to invoke those rights, still leaves the LEO several options... likely NONE of which are going to impress you, as the driver, much less shorten the already inevitable delay.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Officer pulled me over for speeding and said, "I've been waiting for you all day!" I replied with, "Officer, I got here as quickly as I could." I left with a verbal warning a smile.

That joke is so old that it is pulling a retirement pension.

But repped anyway. :yesway:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

It would certainly rise a persons curiosity levels and should, it's basic situational awareness. Why won't you voice your opinion, tho? Most posters here are voicing theirs and would like to know the opinions of our resident officers. It gives a greater insight into the issue.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I just always hand them my LTCH when I hand them my drivers license. Then they ask if I have one on me and where its at. Normally they just say leave it there, sometimes they ask to see it so they can check numbers. I normally cooperate pretty well just so I don't have any probs with them. Plus most of the time they really appreciate it and go easier on me :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I just always hand them my LTCH when I hand them my drivers license. Then they ask if I have one on me and where its at. Normally they just say leave it there, sometimes they ask to see it so they can check numbers. I normally cooperate pretty well just so I don't have any probs with them. Plus most of the time they really appreciate it and go easier on me :D

Geez. How often do you get stopped?

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Geez. How often do you get stopped?

Until twice last year, it had been at least since 05. But that stretch from the time I got my LTCH and that last ticket, let's just say I had a major lead foot problem ;)

But I've fixed it now. The first this year was right after working a 10 hour shift. I just wanted to get to Walmart, get some dog food and get home, I was very tired. I wasn't watching my speed too well on I-69 and well my focus likes to run ;) I had been holding it at 75 last time I looked before I saw him, when he clocked he got me at 84.

The second was on the way to work. Going south out of Frankton the road goes from 30 mph to 55. Well I knew right where the sign to start the 30 zone was going into town. So at that sign I had shifted down and punched the gas to speed up cause I was running a few mins behind. When I passed the corner the town officer happened to just pull up to he clocked me at 56 mph and said the speed zone didn't end till that road, which was at least 30-40 yards from the sign. But I told him I had sped up at the sign thinking it was the end of the zone, and was on my way to work. Told him where I worked so he let me go with a verbal since I had cooperated with him. Ever since I wait till that road to speed up now.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Public Servant, are we talking about my pistol or the dead hobo?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Public Servant, are we talking about my pistol or the dead hobo?
    The dead hobo can't shoot me. :draw:

You cannot imagine where one can fit a dead body. It's simply amazing the first time you see the photos (well, I see the photos, guys like P.S. have to see in person).
    I've seen a dead body under the dashboard. But he was alive before he smacked the back of a semi going about 90 MPH. (Yes...it left a mark) And a couple in the trunks of burned out cars...other than that, just the usual places. Beds, floors, couches, showers, sitting on toilets, in grain augers, sticking half way out a windshield...hanging in closets and mini-barns...in car seats...but never stuffed under one. But yeah...I could get one under my seat. You'd have to have good organizing skills though. ;)

Top Bottom