• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I shoot a lot because my range is a walk out the back door so I usually just wear whatever I'm wearing. However if I know that I'm doing a lot of shooting that day I try to grab an older shirt. I shoot mostly suppressed and it tends to get a little dirty after shooting extended periods of time.

trigger_happy57

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    indy
    boots jeans t-shirt and a hat. just because people like to wear all the tactical crap and stand out doesnt mean the can shoot better no need for it in my mind

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    I just try to make sure I'm not wearing somehting with a big or "loose" collar. I hate having the hot brass hit the stall wall and fly down the back of my shirt. I also always wear either boots or sneakers.

I learned this one early on. Got a couple burns before I got smart.
    Had one get stuck between my face and eye protection once, too. Not fun.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Do you see a lot of guys that wear those full camo/tacticool/navy seals operators clothes at the range? (Besides LEO's and military that train in their duty uniform)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Do you see a lot of guys that wear those full camo/tacticool/navy seals operators clothes at the range? (Besides LEO's and military that train in their duty uniform)

I see more "bubbas" than "operators", but I don't get to the big city much.:):

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I wear jeans, t-shirt, and tennis shoes. Did have to tell the family not to wear flip flops it would be a bad day for hot brass to land on your toe.

If I had full tactical gear I might wear it too.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Jeans and a t-shirt.... Except more times than not I have shot when its cold out and had to wear a hoodie, at least starting out.

-MColford

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Normal clothes.

I grew out of my BDUs or I would wear them. But due to comfort. The rest of the tactical stuff is for the LEO and Military. I do not need it. But I will wear carpenter/painters pants or jeans, usually a t-shirt. Most times a baseball cap. I do not worry about the hot brass, it only burns briefly:D

Jolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie
    Lately I've been thinking about crossdressing in a pink party dress and high heels to shoot my rifles, but then... nah, I usually end up wearing jeans and a hat to protect me from the sun :ingo:

gobs1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Range wear

I'm a newbee to Indiana, have been to the public range in Jasper-Pulaski

question is where can a retired chemist join a Rod & Gun club near North Judson?
    Made the mistake of trying to go on a Monday--closed !!

I believe any long pants--those ejected cases can and do burn skin exposed to the elements.

Any info is appreciated.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    Haven't really shot in cold months yet...

Carpenter shorts and a t-shirt. 2 weeks ago I saw two guys all decked out in "tacticool" gear acting like they were hot stuff. Firing from a holster, even had a different holstered gun on their upper thigh. Complete with those what I call zip tie cuffs and combat boots.. :rolleyes:

Thought they were morons at the time attempting to act big and stuff... Coming to find out, they were 2 members of the local SWAT team. Boy did I feel like a jackass. :n00b:

First time I ever saw a SWAT team member live in person! Heck, I didn't even know we had a SWAT team in my neck of the woods!

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    I prefer to wear ass-less chaps and some fire boots. I find this look is quite tactical and intimidates any would be attackers.

Actually I wear whatever I have on heck I even sport flip-flops a lot of times.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Usually whatever the weather dictates. Always wearing my glasses, usually a ball cap. Jeans pretty much whenever I go.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I guess there is nothing wrong about the full tacticool gear if you are not a LEO in a SWAT team but in this case you better be a really good shot and act like you know what you are doing, or everybody at the range will make fun of you.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Is there any special clothes that you wear when you go to the range?

Besides eyes and ears protection, what kind of gear/clothing do you wear (special pants with lots of pockets to carry all your shooting crap, gloves, hat, knee pads, INGO shirt ... whatever it might be) or fo you just grab your range bag full of ammo and wear everyday clothes or whatever you have on?

Im just wondering because I see some guys with full "tacticool" gear from head to toe at the range (camo pants, tactical underwear probably and such ... :):).

Jeans, sneakers, and whatever t-shirt I have on. I have, however, gone to the range in a suit and tie a few times, when I went during my lunch hour.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Haven't really shot in cold months yet...

Carpenter shorts and a t-shirt. 2 weeks ago I saw two guys all decked out in "tacticool" gear acting like they were hot stuff. Firing from a holster, even had a different holstered gun on their upper thigh. Complete with those what I call zip tie cuffs and combat boots.. :rolleyes:
    QUOTE]

what's wrong with that....lol my friend and I still have all our gear...MTV's and flexicuffs included....we prefer to maintain readiness and if we're going to train as hard as we do...i'd rather screw up some old issued gear then a pair of nice jeans and sneakers...lol of course we don't train as such when there are others at the range simply because some older patrons seem to think "it's not safe" or whatever...and I prefer not be lectured by someone I don't know and visa versa

Top Bottom