• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Nude except for hip waders and a Nixon mask...

Seriously I wear whatever i happened to put on that morning...normally shorts and a polo.

I got to tell you when I see guys dressed up in all the tactical gear I just about split a gut laughing.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    tutu-156x300.jpg

And safety glasses.

Usually just jeans, t shirt, gym shoes, like everywhere else.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I need to start wearing a hat. I was at the range recently and had an ejected .45 casing pop me in the forehead and give me a little cut.

So if you see some guy out and about with a little nick on his forehead, be sure to stop him and ask if it's from a .45. It might be me!

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Does this not trike anyone else as being a rather odd question? I don't recall having ever noticed what anyone else was wearing - nor would I have cared. :rolleyes:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Does this not trike anyone else as being a rather odd question? I don't recall having ever noticed what anyone else was wearing - nor would I have cared. :rolleyes:

I dont see how it is odd.
    I think many people that are going to the range for the first time wonder what they should wear.
    I dont wonder that, I have seen people wearing all kind of things so I just wonder what the majority of people are wearing.In my case im not asking to know what I should wear.
    Shooting being a sport for many people they might have a special type of clothing for it just like you have for golf, polo or any other sport.
    I guess if you see shooting as a every day activity, and not so much as a sport, and wear jeans and t-shirt when you go there, then you might wonder why somebody would ask such a odd question.

I dont really look at what others people wear at the range but I cannot not notice a guy in full combat tacticool gear shooting next to me, same way for guys wearing a dress. :dunno:

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    I always wear typical street clothes for the same reason others have mentioned of practicing for what I would be wearing off the range. I have a friend who wears BDU pants and an OWB holster to the range, but I think he actually dresses like that a good part of the time in the cooler parts of the year. That's the more comfortable thing to wear, but it depends on your motive I guess.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    I dont see how it is odd.
    I think many people that are going to the range for the first time wonder what they should wear.

I dont really look at what others people wear at the range but I cannot not notice a guy in full combat tacticool gear shooting next to me, same way for guys wearing a dress. :dunno:

Been there done that!!! Wish this thread was running when I started going to the range!

First time going to the range, luckily for me, people were packing up and leaving as I showed up so I had the whole place to myself. With them in jeans and t-shirts with sneakers, and I in camo pants with a dark green shirt and combat boots that were too small (borrowed)... I felt like an idiot! So I stayed in the car until everyone left and just filled my pockets full of ammo and shot targets that were already shot up, Just in case someone showed up and I needed to leave really quick to avoid embarrassment.

I figured if I showed up in everyday clothes I would be the laughing stock of the range... boy was I wrong! :rolleyes:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    The only camo I own is a handkerchief, and an old Army back pack, so it's jeans and whatever shirt I happen to wear...pants ARE optional right?

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Since my typical range is in my back yard, whatever I happen to be wearing is normal. Sometimes its just shorts and sandals, never really get tactical with range wear. My wife has been know to come out and shoot with me in her PJs at times, depending on how early I get the urge to shoot.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Depends on where I'm shooting... Most of my gear is in a range bag, so if it's a covered or "commercial" range, then whatever I've got on, or whatever's comfortable.

If it's out at the family property, then normally long pants for snakes/ticks/briars and thorns, and hiking boots or light workboots.

And tacticool banana-hammock, though you'll never see it unless.........

Top Bottom