Not open for further replies.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    This is a good way to prep:

Join up or start up in your area a Constitutionalist Party move, based on Tea Party motives and improvements. We MUST act now, and move fast to avoid their noose. There's is NO difference in their plan for America between the D's and the R's. Buy a copy of Saul D. Alinsky's "Rules For Radicals" and read it, cover to cover. Then begin making strategic maneuvers w your friends to OPPOSE WHAT ØBAMA HAS PLANNED VIA Exec.Orders. It's not too late to start. Plus, I just grabbed 4,000 rds .308 / 7.62x51 from a widow. (She heard about the "panic" and won't sell his guns yet, but the ammo was $Ø.5Ø per rd.) Hubby reloaded: 155 grain bullet (per his charts) with a 48.5 grains of IMR4320 load. I'll be putting these downrange, DPMS Panther, .308, @ ≈ 58,000psi. Going back for the Rock-chocker, dies, primers, powder and manuals on Monday.
    No, I voted third party. Why would I waste my vote?

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Had LASIK yesterday. So no more worry about extra glasses/contacts. One less thing to worry about packing or grabbing real fast.

The less things to worry about the better.

Didn't do this as a prep. The opportunity presented itself, but the side effect of this opportunity is quite nice and simplifies things.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Had LASIK yesterday. So no more worry about extra glasses/contacts. One less thing to worry about packing or grabbing real fast.

The less things to worry about the better.

Didn't do this as a prep. The opportunity presented itself, but the side effect of this opportunity is quite nice and simplifies things.
    This is definitely something I would like to get done, but have not been able to do yet. Once I am in the position to have it done, I'm all in.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    This is definitely something I would like to get done, but have not been able to do yet. Once I am in the position to have it done, I'm all in.

My dad had it done about 2 months ago, and i am fortunate enough that my parents, ( I'm 21 and they work in healthcare), were able to use a flexible spending plan to ease the cost of my procedure.

1 day after i am already amazed, my vision continues to get better. I am very fortunate for this opportunity and definitely recommend it to anyone who can make it happen.

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I am old enough that LASIK only helped me see distances. Now I have readers for close up.

As a prep it is better because readers, or magnifying glasses are easier to come by than an exact prescription.

CAR Ramrod - Just do it. Dump it on a card or get them financed if the funds aren't there. You will be happy with the distance results immediately, well next day for me because of bandages. If you have some age on your eyes and need readers grab a couple cheap sets of different power before you get it done. Work on what you need after.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Made sure my Q...net flicks for food.. is set up for the next 6 months to deliver only protein.
    I have a budget of 50 bucks per month...so it automatically comes out of my checking account on the 9th, has really helped me build my long term food storage.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    CAR Ramrod - Just do it. Dump it on a card or get them financed if the funds aren't there. You will be happy with the distance results immediately, well next day for me because of bandages. If you have some age on your eyes and need readers grab a couple cheap sets of different power before you get it done. Work on what you need after.
    I will be 30 in a couple weeks, and am very nearsighted, but can manage in the morning without my glasses or contacts. I have thought about just getting it done, but hate the idea of financing stuff. I'll give it some hard thought though.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Finished my work area in the barn...now have a spot big enough to work on the pickup but not too big to heat . Next , make my loading area in the basement into a loading room, with heat and power.
    Never enough time for these projects. Of coarse there be plenty of time except for the small inconvenience of going to work....I guess I could quit but then there's the other inconvenience of being broke...

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Went to Menard's in Columbus, IN after church this morning to get a garbage disposer and as I was walking back to the checkout I noticed they had their seeds already on display and they were on-sale. I picked up 20 packets of heirloom vegetable seeds for $1.00. That's right, 20 packages for $1.00! And these were packed for 2013, not leftover from 2012.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will be 30 in a couple weeks, and am very nearsighted, but can manage in the morning without my glasses or contacts. I have thought about just getting it done, but hate the idea of financing stuff. I'll give it some hard thought though.

Lasik would be a waste for me at my age. Besides....Lasers are for destroying small Moons....yes

Tbald14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Got 1k rounds of 9mm for a fair price. Was also able to convince the SO that reloading is something that HAS to be done, now to just get the ok to spend $500.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Spent this weekend getting the garden ready for winter and next spring. Installed a hoop house over a couple of the raised beds to extend the growing season. We should be able to continue to harvest kale, swiss chard, carrots, radishes and onions well into December.

Harvested the last of our second planting of green beans a couple of weeks ago. This second planting was from seeds harvested from an early spring planting of non GMO seeds harvested in June and replanted in early August. The seeds worked great and we saved the seeds from the second harvest for next spring. We have plenty of non GMO seeds that we bought from Indiana Self Defense as a backup but we wanted to make sure we could depend on planting seeds we grew.

Just wanted to follow-up on this post from November. The hoop house worked great until we got a foot of snow that collapsed the whole thing. I definitely need to re-design the supports. The good news is I was able to brush the snow off and set it back up. No harm to the plants that I could tell. We are still harvesting swiss chard, radishes and a few green onions even after some single digit temperatures we had a couple of weeks ago. Not a lot of veggies, but enough for a couple of side dishes a week. We will definitely plant more swiss chard this spring.

SlugRetention

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 28, 2012
    Wells Co.
    Stocked up on food & water, did some research on gardening. Looking at getting a few pairs of nice hiking boots. Added to my ammo collection, which is never going to be enough. Worked on my BOB and GHB...Where does this end?

:popcorn:

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Stocked up on food & water, did some research on gardening. Looking at getting a few pairs of nice hiking boots. Added to my ammo collection, which is never going to be enough. Worked on my BOB and GHB...Where does this end?

:popcorn:

I think it ends at SHTF when you are no longer able too? I thought that was the whole idea?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Accountant said I can use the den as an office and thus a business expense. So with that said I have been taking more of the non-biz related items and putting them down in my safe room.

Have two thermometers down there, one of which is electronic and can be checked upstairs. Temps range from 48 to 52. The high mark was actually before everything settled. Guess my insulation is working.

Dropped more cans of ammo, boxes and cases that some firearms came in, more medical supplies and some electronics that I have lugged around for a while.

Building up another bag that I had for off-site preps. Will move more ammo with it.

Bought another couple pistol mags from a place that wasn't completely outrageous.

Checked the floating charger for my 12 volt battery. Considering getting another battery as well as more 12 volt lights.

Had wife buy another flash drive with encryption to take off site. Third redundancy of important files, pics, etc.

Oldest had her first run-in with loud mouth punks. Didn't think her pepper spray was enough so she is taking a stun gun after we walk thru uses again.

Checked the potable water in the unheated garage... all 275 gallons doing just fine, even with the cold we had a week or so ago.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Loaded another couple hundred rounds of ammo and have been on the phone burning it up with all of my representative to try and ensure they support our second ammendment rights!

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    Bought 150 rounds of 9mm HP's and a case of water. Starting to look at buying some gold or silver. Looking at emergency radio options.

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    I got interviewed on tv about the ammunition prices and availability...How is that preparing? I am preparing others. Only a couple minutes of the 30 minute interview actually aired. (WNDU)
    Bought some kerosene for the emergency heater (that has been proven to be able to heat the entire house without power).
    I am helping some other MAGs form. (and strengthening my own).
    Still have YET to convert my old pickup to an alternative fuel...oh so many projects.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom