-S&W M&P_
    -CZ P0_
    -Ruger SR_
    -Sig P320
    -Sig P250
    -Springfield XD_
    -H&K something
    -Revolvers

I need to shoot the guns on the list. I have held the M&P and it felt nice, but I have seen some people complain about the trigger. Everything else on the ls foreign to me, and will need to be fondled before making any judgements.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here is a recap of some of the recommendations:
    -S&W M&P_
    -CZ P0_
    -Ruger SR_
    -Sig P320
    -Sig P250
    -Springfield XD_
    -H&K something
    -Revolvers

I need to shoot the guns on the list. I have held the M&P and it felt nice, but I have seen some people complain about the trigger. Everything else on the ls foreign to me, and will need to be fondled before making any judgements.

If you are considering the SR series Ruger you also need to have a look at what Springer has to offer other than what you have listed.
    If you are looking at a polymer only line My only choice there is the H&K USP.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Best line of pistols?
    Isn't that like asking Chevy,Ford or Dodge?
    All make good and bad, Strictly plinker? Carry? Semi Auto? Wheel Gun?
    Everything has a different use, Saying that I have Sig's, Ruger's, RIA's, J.C Higgens..
    Oh and Chevy!

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Best line of pistols?
    Isn't that like asking Chevy,Ford or Dodge?
    All make good and bad, Strictly plinker? Carry? Semi Auto? Wheel Gun?
    Everything has a different use, Saying that I have Sig's, Ruger's, RIA's, J.C Higgens..
    Oh and Chevy!

Best probably wasn't the best word to use. Maybe the title should have read "What line of pistols do you like?" or something similar.

My desire for a single line of pistols (for now) is to have a full sized gun good for the range, and a compact for carry. I would also like the line to have a subcompact size in case I am ever able to talk my wife into carrying, but that isn't a necessity.

Ford cars, Dodge trucks, Chevy mom-mobiles. :p

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I would also like the line to have a subcompact size in case I am ever able to talk my wife into carrying,

This is actually a very common misconception. We tend to think since women are smaller they need a pistol that is smaller, but think of all the factors that affect us when we shoot as men. Grip and recoil being the two that jump out in my mind first. These tend to be magnified in smaller pistols and women (no offense to INGO ladies, we all know you rock) tend to be more affected by it than we are. So why hand them a smaller gun with more felt recoil than a full sized version when they are already going to be affected by it more to begin with? I learned this very quickly when I started teaching my fiance to shoot. Now she shoots my full sized guns better than I do, but really doesn't like anything smaller than a G19.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is actually a very common misconception. We tend to think since women are smaller they need a pistol that is smaller, but think of all the factors that affect us when we shoot as men. Grip and recoil being the two that jump out in my mind first. These tend to be magnified in smaller pistols and women (no offense to INGO ladies, we all know you rock) tend to be more affected by it than we are. So why hand them a smaller gun with more felt recoil than a full sized version when they are already going to be affected by it more to begin with? I learned this very quickly when I started teaching my fiance to shoot. Now she shoots my full sized guns better than I do, but really doesn't like anything smaller than a G19.

My daughter is a natural shot. She is a steel ringer with little to no practice. Always has been. She carry's a CA Bulldog in .44 Special because she likes the recoil.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'd expect nothing less from the House of Mouse. :):

It's the Greatest Place on Earth.(tm)

TheMouseOfHouse.jpg

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood

The reason she has said she would rather have a small gun with more recoil than vice-versa is entirely due to conceal-ability. She has shot my dad's Glocks and enjoys shooting the full sized more, but realizes they are harder to carry.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The CZ line includes steel frame, alloy frame and polymer frame versions. They also have a very nice sub-compact in the CZ 2075 RAMI which is an alloy frame that comes with 10 and 14 round magazines.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Personally, I don't care to have all the same brand. However what I do like is to limit my calibers- 1 self defense caliber, 1 plinking/small game caliber, 1 shotgun caliber, etc. I do this so that if ammo becomes scarce, I can have a nice supply built up of a few calibers instead of less of several.

That being said, I have an M&P 9c and an M&P 22...and the 22 Compact looks like my next.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sigs can magazine share among certain models of different sizes. 229 and 224, for example.

Revolvers can ammo share pretty easily, especially with speed strips. :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom