• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YayGuns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2013
    Louisville / Camp Atterbury
    I know the OP said that he isn't a fan of glocks. Just wanted to add my .02. Ever since they came out, I have never been a fan of them. However, I was at a shooting course several weeks ago, and I told the instructor that. He told me how for a while, the only agencies that came to the course shot G19's and he tried one out and loved it. He then incited that I fire a mag with his. To be honest, I hated how much I liked shooting it. It had pretty good ergo's, theres only one trigger squeeze to get used to. So you don't have to worry about getting used to a DA/SA trigger.

Now, I'm sitting next to a Glock 19 typing this haha.

On a side note, I agree with the above, HK has a good line. Picked up a P30 2 months ago and the grip feels like its made for my hand. Also, Sig is a great line.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    image.axd
    :drool:

raccoon_dowant2.jpg

Sub 2k with Glock mags, of course, not a Glock carbine.

Keltec... blech.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I know the OP said that he isn't a fan of glocks. Just wanted to add my .02. Ever since they came out, I have never been a fan of them. However, I was at a shooting course several weeks ago, and I told the instructor that. He told me how for a while, the only agencies that came to the course shot G19's and he tried one out and loved it. He then incited that I fire a mag with his. To be honest, I hated how much I liked shooting it. It had pretty good ergo's, theres only one trigger squeeze to get used to. So you don't have to worry about getting used to a DA/SA trigger.

Now, I'm sitting next to a Glock 19 typing this haha.

On a side note, I agree with the above, HK has a good line. Picked up a P30 2 months ago and the grip feels like its made for my hand. Also, Sig is a great line.

Thanks for the advice but....... I have shot a Glock 17, 22, 23, and a 27. Some were bone stock, others had trigger work, lasers, ect. I probably have put roughly 500 rounds through Glocks, and they just don't do it for me. To each their own right?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Absolutely. And I know what you're saying, with Glocks it's either love or hate

Not necessarily. I have found the middle ground with Glocks. I certainly don't love them, but I don't hate them either. I simply don't like them and that is why I EDC one. Confused yet? I'll explain, I can shoot a Glock well enough for defensive work, they will not be my first choice for competition but I can get the job done with a Glock. I have learned to live with less than ideal grip angle, the so-so trigger, and had sights installed that actually make sense. They are not pretty, the finish is tough and they are reliable enough. So when I am working and rolling around on the floor changing the oil on an ATV or a drive shaft on a UTV, or if I get into a fight I don't feel bad about scratching it up and I know it will still work and my "good" guns are home in the safe staying pretty.

Glocks are beaters and can take the abuse. I don't like them so I beat on them.

However a CZ P-07 may just take the place of my G19 soon.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County

This is exactly what I did - both my new P-07 pistols replaced a G4 G19 and a G4 G23. IMHO, it's a better polymer gun for less $$, so if I rough them up over time, they really aren't that expensive to replace. The 9mm version is my EDC.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not necessarily. I have found the middle ground with Glocks. I certainly don't love them, but I don't hate them either. I simply don't like them and that is why I EDC one. Confused yet? I'll explain, I can shoot a Glock well enough for defensive work, they will not be my first choice for competition but I can get the job done with a Glock. I have learned to live with less than ideal grip angle, the so-so trigger, and had sights installed that actually make sense. They are not pretty, the finish is tough and they are reliable enough. So when I am working and rolling around on the floor changing the oil on an ATV or a drive shaft on a UTV, or if I get into a fight I don't feel bad about scratching it up and I know it will still work and my "good" guns are home in the safe staying pretty.

Glocks are beaters and can take the abuse. I don't like them so I beat on them.

Have you been hanging out with Birds Away?????????

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks for the advice but....... I have shot a Glock 17, 22, 23, and a 27. Some were bone stock, others had trigger work, lasers, ect. I probably have put roughly 500 rounds through Glocks, and they just don't do it for me. To each their own right?

Utilitarian eastern block looks....Horrible grip angle (for me) and a trigger only a Glock fan boy could love.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Have you been hanging out with Birds Away?????????

Birds is a good dude. We have similar tastes in pistols. I caught the CZ bug honestly though. I think it was just a natural progression of the 1911 disease I caught a while back. I started thinking about a 1911 in 9mm but decided I wanted more ammo while still being able to carry cocked and locked. So the CZ75 was the natural choice. And it progressed from there.

We still need to get together and do some riding and some shooting sometime CM. I'll bring my CZ75 and you will see.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Birds is a good dude. We have similar tastes in pistols. I caught the CZ bug honestly though. I think it was just a natural progression of the 1911 disease I caught a while back. I started thinking about a 1911 in 9mm but decided I wanted more ammo while still being able to carry cocked and locked. So the CZ75 was the natural choice. And it progressed from there.

We still need to get together and do some riding and some shooting sometime CM. I'll bring my CZ75 and you will see.

BA is a stellar person. He came to a shoot we organized and I was able to run a few of his customized CZ's.....except for the 9mm thing I was impressed.

Otis812

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2014
    IN-IL line
    Bought an SR series Commander frame this week. I never "Like" the triggers so it will be on the bench tomorrow. Plan to run it on Sunday and see what they are about.
    The 1911 is the only gun in my collection that I haven't had out for some reason. I bought the 4.25" barrel.

Top Bottom