What I've bought since the panic buying started.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tpntch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    PANIC BUY

I WAS REALLY TEMPTED TO SELL MY AK47 SINCE THEY ARE SELLING FOR $400 MORE THAT I PAID. BUT I MUSTERED ENOUGH STRENGTH TO HOLD ON TO IT AND BOUGHT ANOTHER 1000 RNDS OF AMMO. :D

Cassada

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    If someone wants a certain handgun in the future, I would try to buy at least 4 hi cap mags now. The guns will be available but who's to say about the mags

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    I bought a Ruger Sec. 6 for a regular price, picked up a .22 can and ordered a 9mm can, renewed NRA and I am looking to continue stocking up on 22LR at a good price. Found an estate where I helped them sell some guns and got a great price on quality 22LR.

I really dont think we will see any changes Federally or in IN, but it's easy to say when I have everything I felt I needed before this silliness.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Two 20-round PMAGs for SR-25
    Three 20-round CMI (checkmate) mags for M1A
    One LMT (Lewis Machine Tool) LM308
    Mag-Pul single point sling
    Tackle Box (old one went down with the boat along with all of the above :dunno: )

Ramiel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    East side of Indy
    FNX .40
    1000 Rounds of .40 S&W
    2 PMAGs (windowed, 30 rnds, 5.56)
    Barrett REC7 with Daniel Defense Omega X-Rail and Aimpoint Micro T-1

The REC7 is currently on order, I'm to be notified when they get their shipment from Barrett and I will then be charged/it will be shipped. I contacted a Barrett rep and they said they should have rifles to dealers as early as April.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    depends on how far back were going
    Election to sandy hook
    horded reloading components the day after the election. horded water and fuel and food (justifiable that bit, winter was coming) and a few hundred .308 rounds

post sandy hook - picked up a G19 within hours of it coming in, and an AK before it was even checked into the LGS. emergency food. severe trauma kits. handful of glock mags, couple AK mags.

i did NOT however pay any extortionist prices. everything except the mags (tad over priced, but sure as hell didnt pay 60 bucks for a 30rnd)

i had the foresight to buy before the panic. if i sold everything a few weeks ago i could have probably made a small fortune. good reason to keep buying when all these overpriced DPMS ARs flood the market for 500 in 6 months :D

truthfully nothing i wouldn't have purchased anyway.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    good reason to keep buying when all these overpriced DPMS ARs flood the market for 500 in 6 months :D

Won't happen. Didn't happen in 2004 or 2009. They might drop back to their regular 600-700 price.

Then back ordered 5 bx25s from Ruger, didn't want to but convinced myself to anyway...

Same here, took 4 weeks, but I got them last week;

DII_8475w.jpg

:D

dchiu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    What I have purchased during "Scare"

-AR Magazine (30 round)... DPMS for only $22! Before the scare!
    -250 rounds of 5.56
    -9mm Lonewolf barrel for Glock G22

Justin073190

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Corydon
    I tried to buy however was to late and became victim of the notorious BACKORDER!
    - renewed NRA
    - Ordered glock conversion barrel
    - 3 9mm 17rd glock mags
    - 1 30 rd glock mag
    - voodoo tactical shotgun scabbard
    - looking for a new edc bag:dunno: any good ones out there for a budget

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    I have bought a second ar because it was to good of deal to pass up, 5 boxes of 223, 3 boxes of 45, and 2 boxes of 38 special.. I kind of hoard ammo so usually buy a box or two a week.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    1. Got my lifetime LTCH
    2. Bought a Stripped RRA AR-15 lower receiver, then traded it for a stripped Armalite/Eagle Arms AR-10 Lower receiver.
    3. Bought a used HiPoint 995 Carbine from an INGO member... but that really wasn't a panic buy.
    4. PMAGS

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Just an update I picked up a couple more boxes of ammo..and a set of Hex head grip screw for one of my Beretta's.

As a side note..I mentioned earlier in this thread I joined the NRA and it's been a month almost now but I still haven't received anything in the mail...anyone else having to wait this long? :D

Top Bottom