• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Tyranny is not about words, it is about actions. And no one will trust a politician whether he lies or not. I am certainly not condoning unethical behavior in your personal life, only as it relates politics (Alinski made the rules, not me). Until someone figures out a way to defeat Rules for Radicals, the playbook of the liberal commies, by being honest and forthright, then do whatever must be done to defeat the dirty swindlers! You certainly can't remove tyrannical leaders by asking nicely, and you can't win a UFC match without using every limb.

And by this logic, we should be fighting Islamic fundamentalist with suicide bombers of our own, wanna sign up?

You seem oblivious to the fact that Obama ran the nastiest campaign ever, and that plenty of people respect and even worship him (perhaps you may even be one of them). Like Romney said, the people of the other party will not respect you no matter what.

So far in thread, those who have simply stated that they are not personally OK with lying have been called sympathizers, and now Obama worshipers:rolleyes:

If someone called me either in person, I'd have to call them fightin words, but being is how this is just the internet, this will have to do...

images

Go fork yourself:D

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Sorry but I'm not going to lie. I don't care what "they" do, I care what I do.

which is the lie and which is the truth?

That the brady bunch didn't do the graphic?

or...

That the brady bunch doesn't believe in the graphic?

If the truth is that they believe in the graphic... then what difference does it make who produced it?

If I say, "Go Cardinals, win the World Series."

And Fred posts "Jack sure supports the Redbirds" can I accuse him of a lie since I didn't say that?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I absolutly see no common sense with this way of thinking.

9462_505939792762265_158429727_n.jpg

The more I look at this, it isn't even a fake. It is purely satiracle, and the only reason people call it a fake is because it is plausible that the Brady Campaign would create it! How is it different from a saturday morning cartoon lampooning some senator or general by putting words in their mouth?

THIS is free speech plain and simple and if you don't like it then who cares? The fact that you can't tell if it is real just proves the hypocrisy of the Brady Campaign, not the deception of the "ad".

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    OK so this is a fake..I can believe that....so does the Brady bunch want woman to have and carry guns.....? I would say no.....so then how fake is it.........really?

Agreed. They want firearms banned completely so technically they believe that photo even if they didn't create it.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    The more I look at this, it isn't even a fake. It is purely satiracle, and the only reason people call it a fake is because it is plausible that the Brady Campaign would create it! How is it different from a saturday morning cartoon lampooning some senator or general by putting words in their mouth?

THIS is free speech plain and simple and if you don't like it then who cares? The fact that you can't tell if it is real just proves the hypocrisy of the Brady Campaign, not the deception of the "ad".

this graphic has run afoul of Poe's Law...

The core of Poe's law is that a parody of something extreme by nature becomes impossible to differentiate from sincere extremism.

Poe's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    "Truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies."
    -Winston Churchill

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    THIS is what we face every single day... and some of you are worried that others are satirizing the Brady bunch...?

426900_121152388054232_1972423479_n.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I enjoy the hell out of good satire. I also appreciate the fact that whether or not the Brady bunch produced it, it is representative of their position. I will not however share something with any of my fence sitting friends that is not accurately represented. It's one thing to pass things around amongst my gun totin, 2A living friends for a laugh, but I will not loose credibility with those that I have even a small degree of influence, and with those of who I am their only friend that even owns a gun. Our side and the Brady side have clearly defined positions, we aren't changing each other's minds. It's the vast in between we have to win over and credibility matters.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And this...

nra-cho.jpg

Enough! They create propaganda by the ton attacking our Constitution, and you people are too weak spined to put it back in their faces? This is why we lose.

You missed Ghuns post. There's a difference between portraying something false as fact, and satire. If you have to think to hard on it, then it's not satire.

Top Bottom