• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    Lots of great answers in here. Actually really enjoying reading some of the responses. Im not actually looking for anyone to make the decision for me just curious to see how other people think on the dilemma. I have thought MPX on more than one occasion. I have thought about moving an AR in favor of a very high end unit. I have thought M1A. I am currently considering dumping my Glock 43 for a little extra boot and carrying my p320 full time in its stead to up my price range a bit. I have considered a p229 legion to keep my p226 legion company. I feel like I have been round in circles on this subject several times. Lol. Keep your thoughts coming!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lots of great answers in here. Actually really enjoying reading some of the responses. Im not actually looking for anyone to make the decision for me just curious to see how other people think on the dilemma. I have thought MPX on more than one occasion. I have thought about moving an AR in favor of a very high end unit. I have thought M1A. I am currently considering dumping my Glock 43 for a little extra boot and carrying my p320 full time in its stead to up my price range a bit. I have considered a p229 legion to keep my p226 legion company. I feel like I have been round in circles on this subject several times. Lol. Keep your thoughts coming!

And I am exactly where you are.
    What is next.........what blows my skirt up these days.
    Not much since I stopped wearing skirts but I digress.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sig Sauer P226 9mm Legion SAO.

I had a Sig 226 SAO with the G10 grips. Same setup as the legion only with a slightly different trigger. Awesome gun!!!! But it was still to big for me to run it right. I took a small hit on a 1911 trade. Hate to burst your bubble but us guys with smurf hands have special needs.

My can't justify owning $1200 out of the sky pistol would be another Browning HiPower. Or I would order a new Daniel Defense AR. They offer a one time discount to NRA instructors and I think law enforcement.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I had a Sig 226 SAO with the G10 grips. Same setup as the legion only with a slightly different trigger. Awesome gun!!!! But it was still to big for me to run it right. I took a small hit on a 1911 trade. Hate to burst your bubble but us guys with smurf hands have special needs.

My can't justify owning $1200 out of the sky pistol would be another Browning HiPower. Or I would order a new Daniel Defense AR. They offer a one time discount to NRA instructors and I think law enforcement.

Hah! My hands are smurfy, but the reach to the Legion SAO trigger is a littler shorter (I think).

I have in fact described it as "What would happen if Sig Sauer made a Browning Hi Power."

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    tcecil88 - Model 7 is my favorite rifle! I have a couple of them and once you carry one hunting, it is hard to go back to a 700.

tractionroller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2016
    Indy
    I would go buy back all of my fathers collection.He passed away a few years ago and my step mother sold the collection without telling anyone.Including my sons 22 pistol and my grandpas savage 22.Sold is the wrong word gave them away for pennies is more like it.Along with 20,000 rounds of ammo.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hah! My hands are smurfy, but the reach to the Legion SAO trigger is a littler shorter (I think).

I have in fact described it as "What would happen if Sig Sauer made a Browning Hi Power."

Yep the trigger on the SAO legion is shorter and a bit flat. The G10 grips feel awesome. The hammer does not bite like a HiPower and the sights are good. The 226 SAO fed everything!!! Out of spec reloads while setting up the press, dirt covered garbage I picked up off the ground, the thing was a machine and built like a tank. If Sig made a HiPower is a great analogy.

Ok I change my mind. Now I want another 226 SAO. Or maybe one of those Wilson Combat 92g Berettas. The 92 is 80s retro cool, but another example of a pistol I love but never shot well.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yep the trigger on the SAO legion is shorter and a bit flat. The G10 grips feel awesome. The hammer does not bite like a HiPower and the sights are good. The 226 SAO fed everything!!! Out of spec reloads while setting up the press, dirt covered garbage I picked up off the ground, the thing was a machine and built like a tank. If Sig made a HiPower is a great analogy.

Of the three Sigs I've owned since 1995, I've never had a malfunction that was the gun's fault or the magazines. I've had exactly two ammo-related malfunctions. With my original P226, I fired a reload from the old Rose-Hulman Gun Club (RIP) that didn't have an adequate (or any) powder charge. The bullet cleared the barrel, but it did not cycle the slide. More recently, I had a round fail to fire. Upon examination, it was a 9x21mm that got mixed into a box of Geco 9mm 124gr FMJ. It looked like it went into battery and the hammer dropped, but not much else happened. The extra 2mm and headspacing on the case mouth kept it far enough out of battery to fire.

Ok I change my mind. Now I want another 226 SAO. Or maybe one of those Wilson Combat 92g Berettas. The 92 is 80s retro cool, but another example of a pistol I love but never shot well.

Have you tried a Vertec or the newer 92s that have a similar flat backstrap?

Top Bottom