• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Have you tried a Vertec or the newer 92s that have a similar flat backstrap?

Nope. Maybe someday I will though. I see all sorts of stuff and I am one of those guys who appreciates all types of guns. I really enjoy shooting different things. But I also tend to accumulate those things that work for me and right now my money is on 1911s in 9mm or .45acp for metal hammer guns and the Walther PPQ/PPS for striker fired guns. (Revolvers should say S&W but that is my dad's thing and he is just a crazy old guy.). That is not to say there are not other great choices. We are in a golden era for handguns.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Nope. Maybe someday I will though. I see all sorts of stuff and I am one of those guys who appreciates all types of guns. I really enjoy shooting different things. But I also tend to accumulate those things that work for me and right now my money is on 1911s in 9mm or .45acp for metal hammer guns and the Walther PPQ/PPS for striker fired guns. (Revolvers should say S&W but that is my dad's thing and he is just a crazy old guy.). That is not to say there are not other great choices. We are in a golden era for handguns.

We who share hand size limitations understand each other in this regard. I'd be carrying the PPQs right now were it not for the issue of my support hand pressing the mag release. I have not given up, but I have not had the time to dremel the mag release to test my ideas yet.

Back to the topic . . . I just realized . . . if $1200 of gun money fell from the sky, I'd get a Trijicon VCOG or maybe a Nightforce scope.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    tcecil88 - Model 7 is my favorite rifle! I have a couple of them and once you carry one hunting, it is hard to go back to a 700.
    Where I deer hunt in Perry County, a Model 7 would be ideal. Lots of brushy creek bottom and cedar thickets. I have a 700 in .30-06 and an H&R single in .308, but I have always wanted a Model 7 in .308 with the brown laminate stock. The 2-8x32 scope would give me plenty of magnification for the odd long range shot.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    I still havent decided. Did the local gun store round a few days ago to no avail. Other than the overpriced consignment spas at Haleys, nothing even stirred any feelings. The search continues... next stop... the 1500!

Top Bottom