• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Bazbeaux is BY FAR the best, though very non-traditional. Makes finding parking in the Ripple almost worth it.

For a little home-town place, I like So Italian. Decent pizza, cheap, and the owners are great folks.

When I'm in the mood for Chicago Style, we go to Union Jack's.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Bazbeaux is BY FAR the best, though very non-traditional. Makes finding parking in the Ripple almost worth it.

For a little home-town place, I like So Italian. Decent pizza, cheap, and the owners are great folks.

When I'm in the mood for Chicago Style, we go to Union Jack's.

Bazbeaux, Some Guys & Puchini's are all related some how. Either former employees, jilted family members or something like that left one to start the next. All 3 are pretty good.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    This is the pizza I like at Bazbeaux's.

3262401402_ff5b5a47bf_o.jpg

Tatorchip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Cosimo & Suzies, Towne&Country shopping center, Mishawaka is our favorite. My favorite part of calling in an order is to hear Suzie yell, "Hey Cosimo! How long on a large with pep, sausage...etc?" "Oh, about 20 minutes or so!"

jtbriles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Outside the box
    It's already been said, but Giordano's is my favorite.
    Big Louie's in South Florida is also fantastic.
    Here in the state, Barlo's on the southside is another great place.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I only get to visit my favorite pizza place a once or twice a year now as it is in Indiana,and I am in Minnesota. :(

It is Chicago's pizza.The best deep dish pizza made in my opinion.I have never tried anything other than the deep dish,why would anyone?The sauce is great,cheese is great(and real),all the ingredients are top quality.The crust is also crisp on the outside,thick ENOUGH but not to thick,and has a wonderful texture in the mouth(drools).Bellissimo bannana peppers(Italian import)mmmm.We actually purchased 2 gallons of the peppers from the manager(Bargersville location) at 0 markup.One jar has already been eaten :(
    http://www.chicagospizzarestaurant.com/

I miss that place to be sure.Up here the only thing even close to pizza is a cracker(thin hard crust)with some sauce and imitation mozzarella cheese,and a pizza hut.I have tried every pizza place within an hour and a half drive of our location....nothing even comes close.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The best Pizza I have ever eaten in my life was at a little Italian restaurant in a strip mall just outside of SeaWorld on Central Florida Parkway, in Orlando Florida. It was in the same stripmall where the Publix is/was. It was called Fama's and was owned and run by Italian immigrants who barley spoke english, but damn they could make pizza. I ate it almost every weekend when i lived down there. I would ALMOST go back to Orlando to get a pie from them again. It's been almost 8 years since I moved back home but I could still take you right to it if it is still there. I've eaten pizza in Chicago and it was just OK compared to thiers.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I only get to visit my favorite pizza place a once or twice a year now as it is in Indiana,and I am in Minnesota. :(

It is Chicago's pizza.The best deep dish pizza made in my opinion.I have never tried anything other than the deep dish,why would anyone?The sauce is great,cheese is great(and real),all the ingredients are top quality.The crust is also crisp on the outside,thick ENOUGH but not to thick,and has a wonderful texture in the mouth(drools).Bellissimo bannana peppers(Italian import)mmmm.We actually purchased 2 gallons of the peppers from the manager(Bargersville location) at 0 markup.One jar has already been eaten :(
    http://www.chicagospizzarestaurant.com/

I miss that place to be sure.Up here the only thing even close to pizza is a cracker(thin hard crust)with some sauce and imitation mozzarella cheese,and a pizza hut.I have tried every pizza place within an hour and a half drive of our location....nothing even comes close.

:thumbsup:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...is_your_favorite_pizza_place.html#post4276950

That place in Mitchell always has a good crowd. I'm normally a thin crust guy but we got that deep dish once and it. was. excellent.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Some Guy's Pizza on Allisonville Rd.

Since pizza is my favorite food, I can't name just one! Some Guy's is followed closely by Domino's, Home Town Pizza in Greenfield, Suzy's Pizza in Knightstown, Pasquale's in Greenwood/E. Indy, The Ordinary in Wanamaker, Round the Corner Pub in New Palestine, Puccini's, Cool River, some Pizza Kings, and Hot Box. Pizzology in Carmel is good for high temp, fast cooked pizza, though I think their prices were higher. Mostly though, we make our own pizza at home with Boboli crust.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    If we are talking local favorites I have none in Martinsville.

But my regional favorites are

The Dog House in Monrovia is pretty tasty and my favorite that is relatively close.

Mother Bears in Bloomington is pretty hard to beat in that area.

Tomato Pie Pizza in Paragon gets a lot of good local buzz but either of the above is better IMHO. All are worth checking out and within 30 minutes of Martinsville.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    They've just recently opened a "Chicago Pizza" place in Mitchell. It's my favorite right now.

Do you mean Chicago's Pizza? The home base was in Greenfield, and for years they had a handful of restaurants around the state. Back in the early to mid-90s they had a really cool restaurant on the south spoke of Monument Circle in downtown Indy. In recent years they have been expanding, which is nice to see. They have some really good pizza.

Another one that I recently tried is MacKenzie River up in Castleton. I hear a Carmel store is coming. Thought about eating at one in Montana back in '07 but skipped it. A few years later, someone decided to bring a franchise here. Ate there two times in a month, pretty good pizza.

Also, Brozinni down near I-65 at County Line Rd. near Greenwood has good pizza-by-the slice. Another decent place is Mellow Mushroom up in Carmel. MM has expanded in recent years, and they have become basically a regional small scale chain.

My vote goes to Big Woods in Nashville.

I didn't care for Big Woods. It didn't taste bad, but it is a thin crust pizza and the sauce reminded me of a few other small town pizza places. The Harvest Moon place was good a few years back, but pricy (this was before Big Woods opened up). When we take a trip to Nashville and we want pizza on the way home, we go into Columbus and eat at Zwanzigz Pizza.

All these pizza places that everyone has been naming off I'm bookmarking for possible future trips. I have eaten so much pizza in my life, I love trying new places. So far, the only places we have ventured to outside of the Indy metro area is Nashville and Columbus. I've heard of some of the other places, just have never gotten around to get in the car and go try them.

Top Bottom