• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    226 with srt is my vote. If your looking for a sig to carry, the 2022 is an awesomely under rated pistol. It for some reason has never received the attention it should.

This is good advice ^^^

I have owned, and currently own many different SIGs.
    My 226 Navy is my "go to". It is the definitive auto loader pistol. It is the standard by which all other handguns should be judged.

Having made that bold statement. I agree that the 2022 or SIGPro is an awesome pistol. It fits my hand better, and I frequently shoot it better than my 226. From a value perspective, there is no better choice that I am aware of by any manufacturer.

But, if I'm cutting the lawn, a 238 goes into a belt clip.

Headed downtown for an evening out? a 938 in a IWB hybrid holster.

In the mood to shoot my own junk off? I've got a SIG 1911 that I can tuck into my belt at the 1 o'clock position in condition zero. :nono: (ok, maybe not)

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Thats like asking which Ferrari is best.. I own 3 P226's (a german, a standard p226r, and a mk25d), 3 p228's (a West German P228, a p228r, and a beater german p228), a p220 elite stainless (probably the finest mass produced firearm I've ever shot in my life), a p238 sas (my go to pocket gun), a pair of p239's, and a german p6.

I edc my beater p228 and I tear that SOB up. Shoot it once a day on average (work a gun shop as a 2nd job), clean once a week, and literally feel comfortable tossing it out of my car at 60mph onto assphalt if i ever felt the need to lol.

Any DA/SA sig is going to be a great choice, but I love the P228 the best. About the same size as the G19 (a little taller), and the availablity to accept p226 mags (15/18/20rds).

On another note, the P228 has been called by many... "the best combat sidearm ever produced." I personally don't think that is true (I'd choose an MK25 p226, or a P227 over a p228 if i were to go into combat), but for an all around great every day practicality, a P228 will serve you in every aspect.

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    It's hard to go wrong with any Sig with the SRT trigger that fits your hands. I need the E2 grip because I have medium sized hands at best. If you can rent one at a range that is your best bet.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It's hard to go wrong with any Sig with the SRT trigger that fits your hands. I need the E2 grip because I have medium sized hands at best. If you can rent one at a range that is your best bet.

I also prefer the E2 grip. How do you know by looking at the Sig website which ones have the E2 grip?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i really like the size of my 239, it's my fav!
    on second thought i really like the way the 220 fits my hand its my fav!
    on third thought my m11a1 shoots the best its my fav!
    on fourth thought my 226 has the right balance, shoots great, and fits my hand awesome, its my fav!

oh hell, why dont you ask an easier question....like what makes a woman happy?

you cant go wrong with any sig!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I also prefer the E2 grip. How do you know by looking at the Sig website which ones have the E2 grip?

It looks totally different. The easiest way to tell at a glance is standard grips have grip screws, E2 grips do not.

"Standard" grips:

226-SAO-NITRON-Detail-Hero.jpg

E2

Sig_Sauer_P226_E2_09.jpg

sbu sailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    South of Center...
    i really like the size of my 239, it's my fav!
    on second thought i really like the way the 220 fits my hand its my fav!
    on third thought my m11a1 shoots the best its my fav!
    on fourth thought my 226 has the right balance, shoots great, and fits my hand awesome, its my fav!

oh hell, why dont you ask an easier question....like what makes a woman happy?

you cant go wrong with any sig!

^^^ What he said, plus ~ on fifth thought, this full-size 9mm P320 is an excellent range/production race gun... it's my new fav! (Insert at proper place in text) ^^^

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    ^^^ What he said, plus ~ on fifth thought, this full-size 9mm P320 is an excellent range/production race gun... it's my new fav! (Insert at proper place in text) ^^^

ive fondled a 320, but dont have one yet, it'll be my next handgun! ive spent 50.00 plus shipping to make my glock trigger feel the same way a factory sig 320 feels!

i added a
    zev competition spring kit
    zev 3.5# connector
    zev titanium pin kit
    and i hand polished the factory trigger bar,safety plunger, and firing pin
    extended mag release
    extended slide release
    stainless guide rod

i did all that before sig came out with the 320, we special ordered a 320 for a guy, and i got to fondle it before he picked it up, and all i can say is "anybody want to trade a P320 for my glock?"

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My second pistol was my 230 in .380, which I'll still go to for deep concealment. My son has a 227 .45 we found a bargain on (seriously had people trying to buy it from us on our way out) and I even managed to track down some [STRIKE]hens' teeth[/STRIKE]14 round mags.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks! Looks like the Nitron model is for me.

My P220 was a Nitron with night sights and SRT. The SRT (Short Reset Trigger) is fantastic. It's apparently an easy swap in if a pistol doesn't come with it, though I've never done it myself.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Right now, I am really starting to fall for my 320.
    I need more conversion kits to really make a better determination though.
    No mention of the MK25...
    I could go out the door with my Mk25 and be confident that it would go the distance.

Top Bottom