• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    The Nitron Model is the MK25 super secret squirrel finish. I will say that my older Sigs did get surface rust if they were not stored properly, so it might be worth the upgrade if you think that will be a problem. As I recall the SRT is standard on the E2s. You can add it later if you like, it's a simple parts swap, but Sig was reluctant to sell me the parts directly. I eventually convinced them so my P245 did have the SRT even though it was never and option for that model.

NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    There is nothing wrong with the P229. The Extreme version adds fancy grips, which are nice to look at and are very abrasive. If you feel that fancy grips are important that is the way to go.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I hear a lot of people here talking about the E2 models. I don't see any number only models on Sigs website. Only names.

Help us out who don't own 14 of them and are familiar with what I am guessing is Sig "slang".:)

If I look at the specifications, I see on the Nitron a model number that has E26xxxx. And it states it has "Ergo" grips. The MK does not have this and it does not have the ergo grips. Is this what you guys are talking about?

sbu sailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    South of Center...
    i did all that before sig came out with the 320, we special ordered a 320 for a guy, and i got to fondle it before he picked it up, and all i can say is "anybody want to trade a P320 for my glock?"

I bought my 320 full size in 9mm specifically for competition. I use it in pistol league now, and allow others to try it out... I have heard your exact statement at the range, along with a similar sentiment by an M&P owner! I'm thinking about sending it to Grayguns over the winter for his competition package. I own the 9 sub compact kit, and have the full size 40 kit on the way as well. Very happy with this pistol, 3 guns with EXACTLY the same trigger? It is my favorite Sig(s)! ;)

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Went on an bit the bullet this morning went with a 227 Enhanced Elite, think I made a good choice after looking at reviews and researching. Thanks to all!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Went on an bit the bullet this morning went with a 227 Enhanced Elite, think I made a good choice after looking at reviews and researching. Thanks to all!
    Congrats. I think you will like it unless you are one of those guys with little stubby fingers... then you will want to give it to me.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I hear a lot of people here talking about the E2 models. I don't see any number only models on Sigs website. Only names.

Help us out who don't own 14 of them and are familiar with what I am guessing is Sig "slang".:)

If I look at the specifications, I see on the Nitron a model number that has E26xxxx. And it states it has "Ergo" grips. The MK does not have this and it does not have the ergo grips. Is this what you guys are talking about?

E2 are more "small hand friendly, I love them". Easiest way to tell is standard grips have screws, E2 do not. (If you can't feel the actual grips, that's how you can tell)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I bought my 320 full size in 9mm specifically for competition. I use it in pistol league now, and allow others to try it out... I have heard your exact statement at the range, along with a similar sentiment by an M&P owner! I'm thinking about sending it to Grayguns over the winter for his competition package. I own the 9 sub compact kit, and have the full size 40 kit on the way as well. Very happy with this pistol, 3 guns with EXACTLY the same trigger? It is my favorite Sig(s)! ;)

rub it in why don't ya!...oh i'm sbu sailor and ive got a sig 320...oh wait i've got 2 sig 320's! and shootersix dont have any!

lol :D sure you dont want to trade on my glock!:dunno:

Rockhopper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Boonville
    I bought a 226 MK25 back in January. Absolutely loved it, until I bought the M11-A1 with the SRT "short reset trigger." So that was my favorite until I put the SRT kit in the MK25, so for now it is back to the top.

I now plan to throw in an IDP Tactical titanium trigger on the M11-A1, because I don't like the OTHER SRT, the "short reach trigger." Then that will probably be my favorite again.

Confused yet? :):

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I have owned a 229 a 226 a 220 and a 250. As of right now I own no sigs but when I get another one it will be a 226. The 220 and 229 were good guns but the 226 was the one I preferred.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    does Sig have any model with no external safety?
    separately are there any that are decockers only?

SIG 220 series have no safeties with the exception of very few SAO models they make. 99.9% All of the standars SIG's are DA/SA with a de cocker no safety, they also offer a DAO and DAK (DAK is a nicer DAO). No manual safeties. As far as the rimfire mosqetos not sure about them.

Top Bottom