• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Always wanted an H1...I'm jealous of you sir. Best of luck on getting your dream hummer. Someday perhaps I'll have a hummer of my very own.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    You can use the antennas with whatever you want. Keep in mind it is not designed for that specific frequency range. The worst problem I can see you having is reduced wave propagation (aka less transmit range).
    You could say I'm familiar with that radio system and installations. :D

By the way you really should rethink your subject title....

I thank you for your contribution, and award you points. I'm happy to know it'll work. I noticed the antennas are apparently "tune-able" at the base so you can set them to around the 10m bandwidth... not 100% on this, but it looks promising.

can I experience your hummer? I have experience with lots of other hummers but I'm always looking to try out new ones.

You can test drive my hummer if you'd like, i'm sure you'd enjoy it.

I bet you Rick could outfit that thing with radios that will let you talk to aliens.

That's because Rick is an alien, and he's trying to contact his home planet to let them know they can begin the invasion.

Just watch this hummer.
    Just Driving Underwater... - Funny Videos at Videobash
    You adding a snorkel?

It will come with the deep water fording kit. I'm the kinda guy that's always on the go. I will be able to wash my truck and take a bath at the same time.

So how much is this Hummer transplant gonna cost?

And do they make dark blue CARC?

It'll be right at $29,000. The only thing staying original is the body frame and wheels. Everything else will be brand new. The body frame and wheels will all be painted OD green. I don't know what i'd do with dark blue CARCed hummer.

K you need to have the first set of tactical Hummer dubs made, spinners preferrably.

If i did that i'd have to kick my own ass if no one would do it for me.

spinners with AK cutouts :thatshot:

Now i have to kick his ass too... see what you started?!

Always wanted an H1...I'm jealous of you sir. Best of luck on getting your dream hummer. Someday perhaps I'll have a hummer of my very own.

After i get mine i'll put you in touch with this guy. He does excellent work as far as the pictures and videos are concerned. He says every year he promises himself he's not going to build another, but someone always contacts him and changes his mind. He says the worst part of the whole thing is power washing all the crap off of them. The rest of the thing goes together like legos and he just zones out. Hopefully by "zones out" he means gets into a groove, not "forgets ****" like torquing bolts to spec... If in 6 months you hear of a Hmmwv m998 losing a wheel and cartwheeling off a cliff, that was me.

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Just got the newest batch of pictures. This is after the power washing, and adding a new cowl to replace the damaged one.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    where do those go? And probably yes.

EDIT: i can't rep you anymore without spreading it around a bit...i'll try to come back to this later and rep you for your parts suggestion.

I know what you're talking about regarding the seats. Its akin to sitting in a folding chair while someone whacks the underside of the seat with a sledgehammer. Those aren't the seats that are going in the thing. I'll be riding in style my friend.

-1134802211564105090.jpg

If anyone can source an unmolested 50cal mount that'd be great. As you can see they "demill" the thing before it gets sent out. I went and visited an old friend of mine and he has a 50cal replica that is made of resin that looks 100% awesome. picture below.

arr015__1_1.jpg

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I have awarded you points caleb. Though none of those sites have any hummers for sale (old adds), i was able to find a guy to talk to about getting a 50 cal mount. I have saved them for the parts I will surely need later on. Thank you.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I have awarded you points caleb. Though none of those sites have any hummers for sale (old adds), i was able to find a guy to talk to about getting a 50 cal mount. I have saved them for the parts I will surely need later on. Thank you.

:rockwoot:

...only if you let me drive it offroading sometime...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    vitamink,

If you want another source for militaria / mounts / replicas / etc, get in touch with the Ropkey Armor Museum in Darlington, IN.

Ropkey Armor Museum

They have dozens of vehicles - all outfitted with fantastic replica small arms. They had to get them from somewhere!

-J-

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    vitamink,

If you want another source for militaria / mounts / replicas / etc, get in touch with the Ropkey Armor Museum in Darlington, IN.

Ropkey Armor Museum

They have dozens of vehicles - all outfitted with fantastic replica small arms. They had to get them from somewhere!

-J-

Good source. A friend of mine also drives an H1 (civilian version), and volunteers out there. PM me if you want contact info. He has done tons of upgrades to his H1, and can clue you in on the weak points.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    vitamink,

Ropkey Armor Museum

-J-

He and I went there earlier this year. The father of a coworker is a personal friend of Mr. Ropkey and we got a personalized tour and even got to shoot guns on the property.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    He and I went there earlier this year. The father of a coworker is a personal friend of Mr. Ropkey and we got a personalized tour and even got to shoot guns on the property.

I'm jealous...

My mom & step dad are decent friends with the Mr. & Mrs... But I've yet to get in on any "special treatment". Difficult for me to get over there - and they're generally busy when I AM over that way.

Top Bottom