• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who would you vote for to be our next president, Obama or Gov. Mitch Daniels

• Total voters

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Since you have apparently done ZERO research on this topic (based on your uninformed posts so far) I think you may learn quite a bit by researching the 2 companies that leased the rights. Hint: Look up the international financial media reports, not the local editorial reports in local papers.

But a libertarian take from John Stossel => Sell The Roads! by John Stossel on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent
    that provided no facts, and not ever the "quote" you mentioned earlier...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    As I said, you have apparently done ZERO research. Go do the research and LEARN SOMETHING.

You have only provided your little snippets but those seem to all be misinformed and baseless. So go do the research.

But yes, Stossel did provide quite a few facts, like the fact that the IN TOLL ROAD was losing money every year. Further he pointed out the fact that private companies have a profit motive to improve the road, while states do not. Further he pointed out the fact that taxpayers in Indiana has no risk in this venture because if people don't use the tollroad it is the company that loses money (remember, we got paid cash up front).

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    As I said, you have apparently done ZERO research. Go do the research and LEARN SOMETHING.

You have only provided your little snippets but those seem to all be misinformed and baseless. So go do the research.

But yes, Stossel did provide quite a few facts, like the fact that the IN TOLL ROAD was losing money every year. Further he pointed out the fact that private companies have a profit motive to improve the road, while states do not. Further he pointed out the fact that taxpayers in Indiana has no risk in this venture because if people don't use the tollroad it is the company that loses money (remember, we got paid cash up front).
    so, what you're really saying is you just made up the quote because you can't find it. why not just come out and say it, you know you were wrong. Please quit making up random quotes.

“you can't believe everything you read on the internet”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    No.

I made up nothing.

The fact that you have made up all your posts out of editorials is obvious.

As for my research, I study this stuff for my investments.

Please do the research, I gave you the hint on where to look. You obviously won't believe anything I provide. You didn't even see the facts presented in the Stossel piece. Look up things for yourself and be an adult about it. Your goal should be to learn something!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    so, what you're really saying is you just made up the quote because you can't find it. why not just come out and say it, you know you were wrong. Please quit making up random quotes.

“you can't believe everything you read on the internet”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

C'mon, the information is out there.

A small quote, "For the Indiana Toll Road, Macquarie and Cintra anted up a stunning 40 times trailing annual revenue, and 60 times a measure of annual cash flow called earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (Ebitda)."

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    C'mon, the information is out there.

A small quote, "For the Indiana Toll Road, Macquarie and Cintra anted up a stunning 40 times trailing annual revenue, and 60 times a measure of annual cash flow called earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (Ebitda)."
    you're right, the information is out there..
    Maquarie Infrastructure Group, however, is assuming a far rosier valuation. It values its 25% equity stake in the Indiana Toll Road at $145 million, implying a total value for the road (equity plus debt) of more than $4 billion. Essentially, Macquarie is betting that near-term losses in Indiana and other highways will be offset by big future profits, as toll increases outpace growth in operating expenses.
    exactly the opposite of melensdad's quote
    It should be pointed out that the Spanish firm that bought the rights to lease the roadway stated it made a mistake, over paid, and never expects to break even on this roadway!!!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    you're right, the information is out there..

exactly the opposite of melensdad's quote

Quite the opposite, that information simply confirms what I wrote that they overpaid TWICE the amount of its worth!!!

20 times earnings is considered to be the maximum sustainable long term price for securities, this company was silly enough to pay 40 times earnings. That is DOUBLE the value. That confirms what I wrote.

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    grimor -

You are stuck on one issue. Do you not think that Obama would sell his mother if it were in his political interests? At least Daniels did it because he felt it was in the best interest of Indiana. Obama has PROVEN himself as a principle-less weasel of a Chicago ward hack politician. He is Jimmy Carter - without the benefits of Carter's good intentions.

And yet you insist on the logic of "Mitch did one thing I HATE - so I'll insist on electing a man that never DID anything in INDIANA, but stands for 90% of EVERYTHING I hate." Really? Please think this through....

I can think of a number of people I'd want to elect before Mitch Daniels. BUT if the question was down to those two - no question about it.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Please provide some reliable and scientific sources that show how logging some selected areas of a small portion of our state forest land has any long term detrimental effects to the ecology. There is one group that is complaining about something to do with bats, but I can't find anything that indicates the logging would affect them in any long term capacity. Further, in California they tend to manage their forests by not logging them, which leads to forest fires and homes burning.

Further, what is with the bogus comment about "before they get sold" when there is nothing even being discussed to sell any of our forests.

There was a proposal to sell off a few hundred acres in my county,on the table or off,I'm not sure but it is being discussed.

dead2rights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Being on this site it should be said that I always vote for who I believe will preserve my rights to the fullest. Particularly my second amendment rights. :ar15:

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Yes a small portion.

Look at the total number of acres owned by the state, then look at the relatively tiny number of acres being harvested.

You even admit that the logging is being done year by year. That is good forest management. Rather than taking all of it at one time, some is taken each year, spread out over a number of years, that allows the early harvested land to begin to regenerate before the latter pieces are harvested.

FURTHER . . . much of the land being harvested is in the Hoosier NATIONAL Forest lands which are NOT controlled by the State, but rather by the federal government. Mitch has NOTHING to do with those harvests!

Even the lefties in Bloomington admit that very little is sold a total of 3,082 trees sold for $157, 618 spread out over three parcels. 1,601 trees (314,906 board-feet) in Yellowwood State Forest sold for $58,00l -- price per tree: $36.23. 1,095 trees (233,808 board-feet) in Morgan-Monroe State Forest sold for $63,782 -- price per tree: $58.25. 386 trees (125,067 board-feet) in Yellowwood State Forest sold for $35,835 -- price per tree: $92.84. And it should be pointed out that these were sold to INDIANA businesses so it actually created Hoosier jobs.

PILT checks go out to the counties where the logging took place, this little item seems not to have be thought about!

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    grimor -

You are stuck on one issue. Do you not think that Obama would sell his mother if it were in his political interests? At least Daniels did it because he felt it was in the best interest of Indiana. Obama has PROVEN himself as a principle-less weasel of a Chicago ward hack politician. He is Jimmy Carter - without the benefits of Carter's good intentions.

And yet you insist on the logic of "Mitch did one thing I HATE - so I'll insist on electing a man that never DID anything in INDIANA, but stands for 90% of EVERYTHING I hate." Really? Please think this through....

I can think of a number of people I'd want to elect before Mitch Daniels. BUT if the question was down to those two - no question about it.
    That's not the only think he's done that I hate, it's the thing that others chose to address. He is not the best candidate. While he might be better than Obama, he's not who I would want to run against him.

Top Bottom