Why Are So Many Still Against Hemp / Marijuana ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Brawner, who ran Little Spider Creations out of an old Denver warehouse for years until this month, told KUSA-TVThursday he moved because pot was hurting his company. He said employees started to come to work stoned after the state legalized the drug for recreational use in 2012.

ADVERTISEMENT

“The main reason we pulled out was because of marijuana,” Brawner said. “Marijuana got into our industry. Half the sculptors will come in high. As soon as we’d catch it, they’d be let go. We went through 25 sculptors. Only five of (our sculptors) either were quality or would show up unimpaired.”

Speaking to FoxNews.com, Brawner just wanted his marijuana remarks to go puff.
    He declined to say how his comments, which were audio-taped, could have been misconstrued.
    “I don’t have anything more to say, not even to make things right,” he said.

Why not try reading the whole story instead of stopping when you get to a part that you seem to think you can make a semi-intelligent but mistaken remark about

He makes it quite clear that his comments were twisted to support an anti pot agenda. He says as much in the article. You are focusing on the issue that he is refuting. I read the whole story. I read it twice to try to figure out why you mentioned it. Have you read the whole article? Do you get that the business owner is stating that his previous statements about moving his business because of marijuana are not correct? If you do not get that from the article, read it again.

The article does not support your argument. The headline does, but the article does not.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I watched many guys flunk out of college over video games.

Some flunk out over alcohol and partying.

This indicates a lack of character and motivation, not a lack of laws.

I tend to agree with this. I screwed around my first time around in college too. My poor academic performance wasn't due to what I was doing. It was due to what I was not doing (ie. partying instead of studying). You could replace "partying" with any other activity that would have taken time away from studying.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    He makes it quite clear that his comments were twisted to support an anti pot agenda. He says as much in the article. You are focusing on the issue that he is refuting. I read the whole story. I read it twice to try to figure out why you mentioned it. Have you read the whole article? Do you get that the business owner is stating that his previous statements about moving his business because of marijuana are not correct? If you do not get that from the article, read it again.

The article does not support your argument. The headline does, but the article does not.
    it makes it clear when he was confronted with the audio recording, he clammed up

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    it makes it clear when he was confronted with the audio recording, he clammed up

He declined to say how his comments, which were audio-taped, could have been misconstrued.

“I don’t have anything more to say, not even to make things right,” he said.

Yes he does clam up, he will not say more "not even to make things right", not even to say how his comments were misconstrued. I get it, you picked a headline, linked it, maybe even skimmed it and posted it.

I think maybe you linked to the wrong article. Did you intend to instead link the previous article that this one is refuting? Or, maybe this is all some kind of "sarcasm as artform". Is that it, are you making an intentional farce of your position to point out it's lunacy? If so, well played.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    “The main reason we pulled out was because of marijuana,” Brawner said. “Marijuana got into our industry. Half the sculptors will come in high. As soon as we’d catch it, they’d be let go. We went through 25 sculptors. Only five of (our sculptors) either were quality or would show up unimpaired.”

Miss that part?

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Miss that part?

I see, you actually are confused. I was just poking fun earlier. The quote above is from the earlier article that the article you linked refuted. The article you linked is actually about the business owner disavowing the article you reference above. That article would be better fuel for your fire, except the business owner's later refutation of it's message.

You do understand now that there are two articles, right? The first article says that the business owner is moving from Co because of stoned employees and the second article (which you linked) is about the business owner stating that his words were twisted around to fit an anti-marijuana narrative and he refuses to further explain.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    No victims, huh bong heads?

10985213_447776008720327_3030563720914811345_n.png

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Our rights should not be based on statistics. Agree or disagree?

No disagreement. So let's just dispose of the "medical marijuana" nonsense and admit it was always about incrementalism. Let the debate be about why its illegal and whether it shouldn't be without parading sickly people in front of cameras whining about their gonga being the only thing that brings relief.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    No disagreement. So let's just dispose of the "medical marijuana" nonsense and admit it was always about incrementalism. Let the debate be about why its illegal and whether it shouldn't be without parading sickly people in front of cameras whining about their gonga being the only thing that brings relief.

Do you believe ANYONE gets medical relief from marijuana?

If so, why should they shut up?

Whining, really?

Top Bottom