Why do CZs seem to rule USPSA Production matches?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Sold every CZ I ever bought! Didn't see the fascination. Whatever floats ur boat.

Friction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Terre Haute
    I went from a G17 to a G34 to a CZ-shadow Target to a CZ-Accu Shadow in the last 18 months so I've got platy of rounds through them all.

-G17 was what I had when I started shooting USPSA so there was no deliberate comp tuning involved. Ran solid, reloaded easy.
    -G34 was an attempt to get a better performing G17, which it was, but I still didn't know that much about the sport and what was available. It shot softer, was better at distance and ran with 100% reliability.
    -Shadow target was only purchased while I was waiting 4 months for my Accu Shadow to be built. I ordered the Accu shadow because I wanted to swap to a steel frame gun with a lighter trigger. Had I had the Accu before the season started I would not have bought the Target. If I had the Target before I bought the Accu I would not have got it. IMO either gun is more capable then I am.

I'm sticking with the CZ because nearly all the stages I have shot begin with a target close enough not to see a negative consequence form the 6.5lb DA pull which means the rest of the stage I run with a very crisp 2.5lb pull which does make a difference. Since its a sport not a life or death gunfight I am willing to run the risk of the additional malfunctions. So far I have had 3 malfunctions in matches that have cost me time, or in one case an entire stage. While I can't see the future or re-write the past, based solely on my experience with my Glocks, I would not have had those malfunctions with my G34. I have not seen a significant difference in my practical shooting between the Shadow target and the Accu shadow, although from a rest the accu groups slightly better.

The disco setup and other moving parts in a CZ are all very easy to smooth out which is almost entirely what the custom shops are doing to the guns beside adding drop in comp FO sights and lighter springs.

WRT the carry issues, I carry a Glock because I believe it to have proven, TO ME, that it has the highest click to bang ratio of any gun I have ever used. To this day my G17 and G34 have never had any type of malfunction. That being said, I have cleaned up the trigger with a Vogel kit and 4.5lb springs but it will never be as good as the CZ trigger.

Side note: Anyone that talks about the reliability of a particular gun and what will and will not get you killed in a gunfight then carries 2 or more of those guns kind of negates their own argument.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    If you don't carry at least two guns......wait for it

You will get killed in the street.

Sorry Rob I couldnt pass it up.
    I like the idea of a tight shirt,que like video explaining all this stuff.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I went from a G17 to a G34 to a CZ-shadow Target to a CZ-Accu Shadow in the last 18 months so I've got platy of rounds through them all.

-G17 was what I had when I started shooting USPSA so there was no deliberate comp tuning involved. Ran solid, reloaded easy.
    -G34 was an attempt to get a better performing G17, which it was, but I still didn't know that much about the sport and what was available. It shot softer, was better at distance and ran with 100% reliability.
    -Shadow target was only purchased while I was waiting 4 months for my Accu Shadow to be built. I ordered the Accu shadow because I wanted to swap to a steel frame gun with a lighter trigger. Had I had the Accu before the season started I would not have bought the Target. If I had the Target before I bought the Accu I would not have got it. IMO either gun is more capable then I am.

I'm sticking with the CZ because nearly all the stages I have shot begin with a target close enough not to see a negative consequence form the 6.5lb DA pull which means the rest of the stage I run with a very crisp 2.5lb pull which does make a difference. Since its a sport not a life or death gunfight I am willing to run the risk of the additional malfunctions. So far I have had 3 malfunctions in matches that have cost me time, or in one case an entire stage. While I can't see the future or re-write the past, based solely on my experience with my Glocks, I would not have had those malfunctions with my G34. I have not seen a significant difference in my practical shooting between the Shadow target and the Accu shadow, although from a rest the accu groups slightly better.

The disco setup and other moving parts in a CZ are all very easy to smooth out which is almost entirely what the custom shops are doing to the guns beside adding drop in comp FO sights and lighter springs.

WRT the carry issues, I carry a Glock because I believe it to have proven, TO ME, that it has the highest click to bang ratio of any gun I have ever used. To this day my G17 and G34 have never had any type of malfunction. That being said, I have cleaned up the trigger with a Vogel kit and 4.5lb springs but it will never be as good as the CZ trigger.

Side note: Anyone that talks about the reliability of a particular gun and what will and will not get you killed in a gunfight then carries 2 or more of those guns kind of negates their own argument.

That's very interesting. Just a little buff and polish, huh?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    All this talk about slicked up CZs and Tanfos. I thought production was a place where the plastic fantastics could play and compete? You know regular guns with regular gear. Limited was for the gamers. All that gaming will get you killed in the street.

(Rob I think you have started something)

Top Bottom