• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Anybdy have one of these? I've heard they are a real nice shotgun, it's an older one. 12 gauge, around a 30" barrel, finish it ok. I've also read these are slam fire, not needed but a cool feature. What's everybodies opinions on this shotgun, thinking about trading for one! Thanks :ingo:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Great guns. I've got my dad's 12. He bought in new in '61 from JC Penneys for $90. Receipt is still in the box. It's a plain jane version and IF it could talk.....
    Yes, they do slam fire. I tried it out once. Different feature for sure than newer offerings.
    Grab a model 12 up. I'm sure you'll find a nice shotgun in it.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Cool beans thanks for the replies, I'd like another 12 gauge and this seems like a good one to get. Haven't read anything bad about the Model 12's, and that is a good thing. :yesway:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have a buddy that wants to sell his for 350, its a takedown model and WILL slam fire. The add is in the classifieds, ill see if i can pull it up.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Anybdy have one of these? I've heard they are a real nice shotgun, it's an older one. 12 gauge, around a 30" barrel, finish it ok. I've also read these are slam fire, not needed but a cool feature. What's everybodies opinions on this shotgun, thinking about trading for one! Thanks :ingo:
    You heard they were really nice................heh. Yeah. The master of understatement award for 2012 will now be presented to FT25.

There are many variations on the Model 12, some are worth big money, even if they look like the gun you described. If you buy it, don't do squat to it until you properly identify what you have, even if it looks like total crap.

In the future, as a reward to myself this will be one of 3 guns I will be doing work on. It may be more for fun then profit but I have a couple Model 12 projects I intended to do before I die.

Model 12's and Wingmaster's are it. Only big difference is the single action bar on the M12 versus twin on the Wingmaster. That and the damage you can do to a Model 12 in take down and assembly if you don't know what you are doing. Just read up on it first.

You should see what Model 42's are worth, .410 versions of the Model 12. I love mine.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    For what it's worth I love mine too! Mines a pretty old one I think (no idea the age), but it locks up nice and solid! Shoots great too!

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    had a mint model 12 and then I spilled some wine on the reciever . who knew wine would remove blueing . So I had it completely tore down professionally and reblued . Gun is perfect .

bullet293

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    OMOKOK
    best pump gun EVER made. i have 5 (3 trap 1 ws1 skeet and a field grade) the only thing that ever went wrong was broken firing pin on the field grade. probably from slam firing?

Top Bottom