With R's controlling EVERYTHING now What new legislation do you want?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I hope everyone is ready for disappointment. The Republicans have a great track record of stirring up their base to get into power... and then squandering that with nonsense social policies that just tick everyone off (and in the end go nowhere).

That being said, on the off chance that I'm wrong, I'd love to see the NFA destroyed, or at the very least, a repeal of the Hughes Amendment.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    NFA gone. Gun free zones.. gone. Borders secure. Flat/fair tax. Simple tax forms. National constitutional carry. Executive orders gone.

Add to that...Kate's Law, eliminate all federal funding for Sanctuary Cities, eliminate business and energy stifling regulations, cancel Paris Climate Change agreement, and mandatory term limits

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I would love to be able to have a Norinco for a little less than my left nut. one can only hope right?

Seriously though, everyone is freaking out about Trump winning. No one understand that the laws start in the house and senate, which R's control both of. THAT is what I am most excited about. Trump in the White House is the icing on the cake.

Repeal the NFA. Abolish the BATFE. Abolish TSA.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I hope everyone is ready for disappointment. The Republicans have a great track record of stirring up their base to get into power... and then squandering that with nonsense social policies that just tick everyone off (and in the end go nowhere).

That being said, on the off chance that I'm wrong, I'd love to see the NFA destroyed, or at the very least, a repeal of the Hughes Amendment.

This. Republicans have history of treating their voters like Lucy did Charlie Brown.

Identify 3-4 things with broad support. FOCUS LIKE LASER ON THOSE ALONE. Ignore the Clintons, the stock market "crash" to try and extort Trump, and all the whining from the Trans-national elites and the Administrative State. Get those top things done.

The #1 is ACA repeal and replacement. This will seal the Republicans as delivering on what they said they'd do for 6 years now and re-affirm that we truly can undo something intended to be undoable.

#2: SCOTUS STACKING with strong conservatives. You have to ensure that your legislative agenda sticks.

#3: tax simplification. Not tax cuts, not tax increases-- just simplification. Eliminate credits and deductions that are all written in by special interests. Move taxation from income to consumption. FAIR TAX is a good starting point for proposals on the table.

#4-- regulatory simplification.

The idea here is FEDERALISM-- slash the federal government's scope, then you slash its cost and its power. Then you get rid of one-stop shopping for every K street lobbyist. Make them lobby 50 times instead of one. Just like the NRA has had to for CCW laws.

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    Repeal Obamacare completely, repeal NFA completely, abolish the IRS and implement flat tax. No reason we can't do this in the first 100 days.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This. As stated earlier, your representatives are the correct place to start. Time to email, call, and petition the crap out of them regarding the NFA and national constitutional carry. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Time to start squeaking.

Email bomb anybody in a position of power to, at the very least, remove SBR and suppressors from the NFA....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Federally:

►Suppressors moved to Title I with federal preemption

►Implementation of Kirk Freeman's Federal Gun Collector's License

►abolition of the "sporting purpose" clause from the GCA

►National reciprocity for carry licensing with §1983 style private action enforcement

►Repeal of the machine gun freeze of 1986

►Federal mandate to purchase an AR-15 and M9 or pay a fine to the CMP

►Elimination of the ATFE ruling of "once a machine gun". Sell surplus M14s/16s as Title I or to holders of FGCL

State

►Constitutional carry

►Campus carry

►Include private action against politicians in the state preemption statute a la Florida

►Mandate for IDNR to open and maintain more public shooting ranges

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It doesn't matter what we want. The election is over and we, the people, have short memories. The politicians don't need us for (at a minimum) two more years.

What do I want? Crack hard on criminals who do real, measurable harm to other people. Educate people how and why they should protect themselves. Make them WANT to learn (as in give them a reason to, not force them.) Fix the education system that allowed HRC, criminal that she is, to approach the White House, let alone almost get in.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    REPEAL THE NFA!!!

The door is wide open, if we get some good lawyers and put forth a good effort, we could manage it now.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Shrink the federal government. Start with elimination of Dept of Energy, Dept of Education, Dept of Labor, EPA (have the states deal with it), HUD, Health and Human Services. Eliminate union membership for federal employees. That's all I can think of off hand.
    For the rest, except defense, immediate reduction in staff of 10% (OK to do with attrition). Rescind Obama illegal executive orders. Secret Service protection to end two years after you leave office.

All welfare recipients, SNAP, SS disability, etc. must be vetted for qualification annually.

There's lot's more, but this is a start.

Top Bottom