With R's controlling EVERYTHING now What new legislation do you want?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Now that Trump has won, basically ANY pro 2A legislation we want should be able to get passed EASILY. So what do you guys want?

First on my list is NATIONAL concealed carry reciprocity. This means that your carry permit/license works like a drivers license, good all through out the nation, and less like a gym membership (only good at select locations).

Any others?

Why would you want Concealed Carry Reciprocity? States will fight and new restrictions and requirements to obtain a license would likely be implemented.

As for me, true Constitutional carry in all states and repeal the NFA, GCA of 1968, and disban the BATFE.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'd like to see them have a session where all they do is repeal bad laws.

Every session, all session.

When they run out of truly bad laws to repeal, they could move on to the mountains of senseless laws and crony regulations.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Repeal Obamacare completely, repeal NFA completely, abolish the IRS and implement [STRIKE]flat[/STRIKE] FAIRTax. No reason we can't do this in the first 100 days.
    FIFY. Flat tax is harmful to the pool. the fairtax prebate fixes this. (you get a deposit every month to cover the tax UP FRONT on all items up to the poverty line. IF you dont buy more than that you pay ZERO taxes.) Plus without the existing language of the FairTax, you could end up with a VAT, which adds the tax to each layer of the sales process. (including raw materials) So instead of paying ONE tax, you pay the tax for each and every item in the cart ON TOP OF the total tax for the finished product. (tax on the sugar, the flour, the baking soda AND AGAIN for the boxed cake mix as a whole. )

Federally:

►Mandate for IDNR to open and maintain more public shooting ranges

I mildly disagree. Let the free market/private sector handle that one. But improving what is already there would be nice.

Get us out of the U.N . would be a nice start.
    Immediate deportation of all Illegals not willing to become U.S. Citizens and learn the Language.
    Resist and you become a Foreign invader.

And charge the UN serious bank for rent on that fancy building.

Getting suppressors and SBRs off would be nice.

Suppressors are a slam dunk if you can educate the masses, and more importantly the legislators. Show them its not like the movies where there is a *FFFFT!* noise instead of just a quiet bang. Approach it from an OSHA type angle and it should pass.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    well again, I don't see the BATFE being disbanded, jobs don't cha know. GCA68 could have been struck down when it was contested but there none of those who contested it thought it worth showing since they felt it in the bag. NFA, like I have already said, nice thought and I would like to see all of these happen too but it won't.

This country isn't ready for such sweeping action and they would all be thrown out on their ears in the next election. People are easily scared and firearms scare most folks. Sure they rush out and panic buy them should it seem they won't get the chance to do it later but then they all sell them and I get to buy things cheap.

The country doesn't want the Constitution anymore, most are told it is antiquated and needs fixing now that we are modern. They are told this in the schools and by the TV so it has to be true, right? This country needs to return to its religious roots so it cannot be fooled any longer. Yeah, I said it, let God back into the schools again and into everyday life. MAYBE then people will become more aware of the crap that is being foisted off as fact and start looking into things and making real change happen. Until then, the country as a whole will continue to do as it is told and toe the line, at least the majority of people.

I am not that old, my first time voting was 1980. I didn't vote for Reagan either, I voted for the Independent, John B. Anderson. I did vote for Ronnie the second time though. I guess I was young and thought maybe things would be different if someone who was less politician would become president like it was when the country first began. Back then it was rather rare for someone to make a career of being a politician, Gentleman Farmers were the norm who were pressed into politics by their neighbors because they thought they would make a difference for the little folks.

Our Country is still the place I want to live and where I think we are freest. A return to the We the People is what is really needed. Elected officials can't even reply to you with a real letter anymore, no matter how many you write. All you get is an email saying we get where you are coming from but we think this will work better for you. I know what will work better, you people are supposed to be my representation, not the ones making the decisions based on what you feel is for our own good. Term limits aren't enough, did you know you can keep taking donations even after you have said you are done being a politician? Did you also know you get to keep all that cash when you retire? It isn't even enough to reform campaign funding, it needs to change fundamentally.

Being a politician should no longer be the way to riches and power, it should be something people don't really want to do rather than something these dregs get to do to become something. Hillary and Bill are some of the best examples, they became something and now they can't even be shot for treason, or for letting the Benghazi compound be overrun and the diplomats and everyone there slaughtered while they sipped martinis. When we get back to the roots of God and Country, things will change. Until then it will remain business as usual, I will get back to you when I am sure I can be re-elected about your concerns... :toilet2:

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...The country doesn't want the Constitution anymore, most are told it is antiquated and needs fixing now that we are modern. They are told this in the schools and by the TV so it has to be true, right?

No, it's true because of the case I make here in this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-political-discussion/384265-american-beliefs.html

The government schools and media have their own agenda and very different reasoning. However, applying a wrong argument with selfish motives doesn't change the fundamental truth of the conclusion.

This country needs to return to its religious roots so it cannot be fooled any longer. Yeah, I said it, let God back into the schools again and into everyday life. MAYBE then people will become more aware of the crap that is being foisted off as fact and start looking into things and making real change happen. Until then, the country as a whole will continue to do as it is told and toe the line, at least the majority of people.

...When we get back to the roots of God and Country, things will change. Until then it will remain business as usual...

Agreed.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    There are a few, very feasible, things I'd like to see done. 1) Russian surplus flowing again. I miss cheap Mosins. 2) Korean M1 Garands. We....need....them. 3) 7n6 flowing again. I miss having dirt cheap ammo to run.

It's not a lot to start, but it's a few measures I think we could actually see happen

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Suppressors off NFA is certainly doable. Can we get 922r knocked off just for funsies as well? And get rid of some of the silly ITAR fees and fines.

Oh, and build the wall.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I like what I'm hearing, but let me add:
    National Voter ID.
    I can't buy a beer anywhere in this nation without the threat of being carded. Let's hold our most cherished right to at least the same standard.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    While no longer drink due to health concerns, I will tell you I have never,ever been carded, EVER! Not for a beer, hard drink or anything. Not for cigarettes nor for anything other than a speeding stop have I ever been carded. A voter ID would be made into an ID period. My SS card says not to be used for ID purposes but it is now and has been for a long time used as an ID.

One ID is enough and to ask to show your ID before you vote works fine for me.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Liberty-friendly SCOTUS.

Burn down the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations).

Dismantle the federal administrative state.

Repeal any and all federal legislation "based" on the Commerce Clause.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Zero new laws.

Repeal laws.

Most of them.

Late to the thread, this sums up my opinion did not read any further. In repealing the laws category I would suggest most tax laws and all 2A infringements.

Prosecute criminals not future crime.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think it's time to move past the election euphoria and realize that legislation-wise. Not much will get done. Expect a filibuster of Obamacare reform...that's right, I said reform, not repeal. Get used to it.

Gun laws? The best we can hope for is no new laws. Time to put you NFA and GCA repeal fantasies to bed. We're adults. Time to deal with reality.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think it's time to move past the election euphoria and realize that legislation-wise. Not much will get done. Expect a filibuster of Obamacare reform...that's right, I said reform, not repeal. Get used to it.

Gun laws? The best we can hope for is no new laws. Time to put you NFA and GCA repeal fantasies to bed. We're adults. Time to deal with reality.
    McConnell should just tell the Dems, we are going to invoke the Reid rule and ignore your feeble protests.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There will be reform of Obamacare, and incremental changes elsewhere. Many executive orders will be eliminated. Beyond that, the Republicans, Trump included, will not pursue large scale changes.

Trump used the strong language he needed to use to get elected. Immediately after winning, it was talk of infrastructure... something uncontroversial, but which, last time I looked, cost money, tax money. He's looking to get along now.

Top Bottom