With R's controlling EVERYTHING now What new legislation do you want?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Get us out of the U.N . would be a nice start.
    Immediate deportation of all Illegals not willing to become U.S. Citizens and learn the Language.
    Resist and you become a Foreign invader.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I'd like to see national reciprocity more than anything right now.

At the very least, one should be able to travel throughout the country in their vehicle carrying a gun in any manner they seem fit. You should not face legal jeopardy for failure to inform an officer you have a gun, driving into a GFZ defined by the state, or anything else.

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    I would love to be able to have a Norinco for a little less than my left nut. one can only hope right?

+1. When I saw all of the ChiCom rifles that CANADIANS have access to and their prices, I wept. Those guys are paying 1980's prices for SKS's. Norinco has an M1A clone too, right? Oh Yeah!

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Shrink the federal government. Start with elimination of Dept of Energy, Dept of Education, Dept of Labor, EPA (have the states deal with it), HUD, Health and Human Services. Eliminate union membership for federal employees. That's all I can think of off hand.
    For the rest, except defense, immediate reduction in staff of 10% (OK to do with attrition). Rescind Obama illegal executive orders. Secret Service protection to end two years after you leave office.

All welfare recipients, SNAP, SS disability, etc. must be vetted for qualification annually.

There's lot's more, but this is a start.

See bro, I feel you about all of those things, I was and still am a Libertarian (I cast my first vote in 2012 in the primary for Ron Paul), but Trump is not that small government conservative, but a populist that if anything will keep spending the same. For example he has said he will double infrastructure[SUP]​[/SUP] spending while cutting taxes

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    +1. When I saw all of the ChiCom rifles that CANADIANS have access to and their prices, I wept. Those guys are paying 1980's prices for SKS's. Norinco has an M1A clone too, right? Oh Yeah!

Think about both getting Norincos as well as modern Russian guns directly imported as well as getting the sporting exemption repealed and getting all kinds of cool semi auto rifles imported like in the 1980s without having to deal with 922r

Imagine all the surplus and imported Korean K2s, FNCs, AK-74s, FALs, G3s, FAMASes, Galils, and other stuff that can come directly into the US market so its not just ARs ARs and more ARs and either expensive or hit or miss parts gun AKs on the US market. Not that there is anything wrong with ARs and the artificial scarcity has caused a drop in prices and alot of innovation to go into them, but they are boring and it would be cool to see other platforms in abundance and at reasonable prices and see them developed.

For example, just imagine with me if you will what kind of capabilities and just cool factor there would be to shoot in 3 gun say a 6.5 Grendel AK-12 or play around with the Balanced Recoil rifles. Its just a completely different philosophy and path of technological development in firearms from where we went with mostly software improvements we have made to the AR and as a gun geek that really excites me

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Baby steps and small bites that can and will get done quick. First suppressors removed from the NFA, then campus carry for all publicly funded college. Safety and health issues that can be sold to the sheeple without huge controversy. Success with issues like these then progress to tougher goals such as SBR's from the NFA and K-12 carry.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don't see automatics getting taken off the NFA any time soon.

Getting suppressors and SBRs off would be nice.

Getting rid of Hughes would be nice.

Speeding up the NFA background checks would be great.

I think those would have a better chance than straight repealing the whole NFA.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Getting rid of the gun free school zones needs to be up there.

Why do you think this? Why spend a minute on chasing this rabbit?

Indiana has no such statute (only school property) and the federal statute was struck down by the United States Supreme Court as unconstitutional in 1995 (the case is Lopez if you want to google it).

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Repeal the NFA and allow new machineguns etc to enter the country again. That is what I would really like to see happen.

I know many of you would see a huge drop in the value of your NFA weapons but I can't afford them at all now. I was, sadly, an IL resident when Reagan stopped the new machineguns from entering the market so I couldn't have bought one if I had wanted to do so. I had the cash, I looked into many, but not the address. I imagine the prices would go down considerably and I might even be able to afford one finally. I am sure others have said this earlier in the thread but that's what I would like to see happen.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Why do you think this? Why spend a minute on chasing this rabbit?

Indiana has no such statute (only school property) and the federal statute was struck down by the United States Supreme Court as unconstitutional in 1995 (the case is Lopez if you want to google it).

I agree this is a rabbit that doesn't need chasing, but the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act was re-enacted with the constitutionally magic words inserted so there is still a(nother) federal statute. Granted it is rarely used against someone who isn't already in trouble for something else, but it is there.

Dumping Obamacare should be numero uno, and after that every law (and it takes a law to repeal a law) should be focused on reducing or eliminating federal power over pretty much everything. Laws pertaining to the 2A should focus on preserving the citizen's ability to exercise the right, i.e. banning ridiculous taxes on ammos, excessive fees and paperwork that sort of thing. Until the Commerce clause gets interpreted back into some less than "Congress can regulate anything it wants via interstate commerce" we should use it to deregulate impingements on rights, especially 2A ones.

Oh, and impeach Ginsburg for unethical conduct for her anti-Trump shenanigans, and replace her and Scalia with Justices Cruz and Willet.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    making suppressors/SBRsSBSs purchasable/ownable without the stamp at a minimum would be my wish. Repeal the entire NFA would be my greatest desire.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I'll be surprised if anything significant happens. Republicans are too spineless to do anything but complain about Dems. R's had the house, senate, and White House in 2005-2006 under Bush, but didn't get squat done.

I remember everyone screaming about how "now is our time" to get stuff pushed through. Guess what? Nothing.

I don't see this time being any different.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    It is sad but I have to agree with Hoosierdood. Nothing will happen in as far as any sort of repealing laws or reigning in the BATFE or DEA etc. In fact, I would bet the SCOTUS will continue to legislate from the bench, though it may get some conservative judges. At least sort of conservative since these days you can't trust a SCOTUS Judge as far as you can throw them...

It would be nice if Obamacare died.... it would sure make my remaining years a bit more comfortable and perhaps check some of the prices of things and make the insurance companies start getting back to what is considered normal...

Top Bottom