• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I would have considered the west side near the speedway to the white river but that map doesnt back it up. Also the west side has its areas but they are more of pockets. Now it seems downtown is the worst

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    With maybe the Exception of Meridian Hills and or Rocky Ripple they are all Equally Bad :noway: Can You say, Habla Engles, little buddy :D

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    42nd and Post was at the top of IMPD's list. Idk if it still is or not. I do know I would not go there unarmed if I were you. The meadows really isn't as bad as it used to be.

I think I live in the Pollyanna dreamland of my youth.

I have trouble accepting that *any* part of Indiana (other than South Bend and that whole "Chicago neighborhood" thing) can be dangerous and potentially violent.

:fogey: Why, when I was a kid (in the '60s).... :fogey:

Tony

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Stats can be very misleading. Plus those stats are only based on when police got involved.

Just my opinion, the east side (dubbed the swamp by IPD) and then Haughville on the west side.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    30th St from Franklin Rd to German Church Rd up to 46th St is probably the roughest. It is tied with the area north of Washington St east of State St to Sherman Av south of Mass Av. The rest of the "east side" is not bad. Those 2 areas are responsible for most of the news about the east side. I tire of people writting off the entire east side of Indy. I was raised out here, I live and raise my family out here, and I work out here. It is FAR from a lost cause. By FAR most of the residents of my district are hard working resposible citizens that deserve to live crime-free just like every one else.

I tried to give the East Side a chance for many years. It was nice when we moved in. As the old residents started dying off and moving to old folks homes, my neighborhood went down the toilet. They try to pass Irvington for a nice area, but crime is bad there too. And if I could live with the crime, I couldn't live with the hippies there. I still have family there who don't want to give up the neighborhood they grew up in, but their homes and cars are being broken into, pets stolen, etc.

All one has to do to get a feel for the East Side sit at the Kroger parking lot by 10th and Shortridge and watch the zombies that go in and out. Note I didn't say the Kroger in Linwood Square--that's even worse.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have a friend who works for the health department in rodent control. He really knows where the worst neighborhoods are. Rats and crime seem to go together.

I check that map now and then just to see where things are heating up. Better than watching Fox News.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    30th St from Franklin Rd to German Church Rd up to 46th St is probably the roughest. It is tied with the area north of Washington St east of State St to Sherman Av south of Mass Av. The rest of the "east side" is not bad. Those 2 areas are responsible for most of the news about the east side. I tire of people writting off the entire east side of Indy. I was raised out here, I live and raise my family out here, and I work out here. It is FAR from a lost cause. By FAR most of the residents of my district are hard working resposible citizens that deserve to live crime-free just like every one else.

+100

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    42nd and Post is TERRIBLE. I dont carry a back up gun very often, but I carry a spare magazine and a back up gun every time I do my laundry (38th and Mitthoeffer). Usually go very late at night. I know I know, "situational awareness"...But I absolutely hate crowded places, so I go to the laundry mat at 3AM. Usually have the whole place to myself, and have never had a problem. Maybe because I OC. Even though according to some, I will be the first one shot.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I have trouble accepting that *any* part of Indiana (other than South Bend and that whole "Chicago neighborhood" thing) can be dangerous and potentially violent.

I'm in the same boat in that 'bad' is relative. Where I grew up, if you went to there city and had any gold in your teeth, you'd not want to to take a kombi.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Yes Limpopo but luckily we were out on the bush. On the bright side only about 20% of the people you meet have AIDS, as compared with the cities where it gets really out of hand.

Part of Africa's problems are that people keep trying to solve Africa's problems. It is the original Too Big to Fail.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    42nd and Post was at the top of IMPD's list. Idk if it still is or not. I do know I would not go there unarmed if I were you. The meadows really isn't as bad as it used to be.

So close to the visits to government housing posts I have made. I've gone to "customers" with one or two squad cars following me around for security. We even joked that we all had glocks.................

ding ding ding to you!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Only two true "african-americans" (American citizens born in Africa) I ever knew were whites, one from Rhodesia, the other from Sudafrika. I liked them both. I was glad they'd got out.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    I was north of Joburg/Pretoria. Not too far from the border with Mozambique.

Nice place to visit but I much prefer to live here.

I have a friend living in Zimbabwe. He was a... I believe the PC term is "gentleman adventurer" in the Rhodesian days, had his family butchered by the local mobs, and retired to a small farm to be alone and periodically send out e-mails about how Mugabe is destroying the country he loves.

Haven't heard from him now in months, and those of us here who count him as an internet friend are really worried.

Top Bottom