• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

-Mohandas Gandhi

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In honor of Mad Men ending last night...

"Have a drink, it'll make me look younger."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reason. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

"Look, we've got Oysters Rockefeller, Beef Wellington, Napoleons! We leave this lunch alone, it'll take over Europe."

"If you don't like what's being said, change the conversation."

"Well, you know what they say about Detroit. It’s all fun and games till they shoot you in the face."

"She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut."

"You need three ingredients for a cocktail. Vodka and Mountain Dew is an emergency."

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Nothing is impossible. Some things are just less likely than others.
    Jonathan Winters

Anything is possible. It just takes imagination and budget.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them
    Albert Einstein

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
    Albert Einstein

I never teach my pupils. I only provide the conditions under which they can learn.
    Albert Einstein

I'm not here to be normal. I'm here to be awesome.

And of course, those in my sig....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Allen Gamble:*[Hoitz and Gamble barely survive an explosion] I can't hear! I can't hear! There's blood blisters on my hands! Oh, my God! How do you walk away in a movie without flinching when it explodes behind them? There's no way! I call bull**** on that! When they flew the Millennium Falcon outside of the Death Star, and it was followed by the explosion, that was bull****!

Terry Hoitz:*Don't you dare badmouth Star Wars! That was all accurate!

"The Other Guys"

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    “The invention of the teenager was a mistake,” Judith Martin observed. “Once you identify a period of life in which people get to stay out late but don’t have to pay taxes — naturally, no one wants to live any other way.”

As Andrew Stiles put it:
    Journalists: These French journalists are so brave!
    Readers: What did they do? Can I see?
    Journalists: It's our policy not to show you.

“The worrisome lesson of history is that there is no shortage of strongmen and generalissimos, and their holding power and exercising it ruthlessly is the natural state of human affairs. Nobody has to do anything to make that happen; it’s making that not happen that requires our attention.” — Kevin D. Williamson

“The wave of the future isn’t a wave at all, but an eternal tide that champions of freedom must fight against, constantly. For if they stop, even briefly, the tide will push them back to the shores of the natural human condition, and the state of nature is not liberal-democratic capitalism but tribal, thuggish authoritarianism.” – Jonah Goldberg, 2014

"No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems — of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind." – Thomas Sowell

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - John Thomas

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "If you don't have the time or money to do it right, you certainly don't have either to do it twice."- unknown

"Anything worth building is worth overbuilding...except airplanes."- HoughMade, 2015

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "If you don't have the time or money to do it right, you certainly don't have either to do it twice."- unknown

"Anything worth building is work overbuilding...except airplanes."- HoughMade, 2015

Might wanna check spelling.
    Before .... over building should probably be "worth", not "work".

Top Bottom